Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Vote here, thank you

• Implement weekly leaderboards!

• Implement monthly leaderboards!

• Implement yearly leaderboards!

• Implement all leadereboard types suggested & the rewards suggested!

• Implement all leaderboard types suggested & with a different rewarding system!

• Implement all leaderboard types suggested & without a rewarding system

• Implement nothin'

• limonade

Results are only viewable after voting.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Hey, hello

I"m going to suggest it once again: temporary leaderboards

Why?

Lots of players want to see themselves on a leaderboard, though it's quite impossible for the majority nowadays -obviously.
Players would be motivated to keep playing certain gamemodes (or Cubecraft in general) for longer periods of time seeing as they can get some recognition out of it

Types of temporary leaderboards

Would like to see 3 new leaderboard types added, these being weekly, monthly and yearly

Weekly
Being on a weekly leaderboard will reward you with 1 or 2 super cubelets, or an uber cubelet (depending on the gamemode: popular modes such as Eggwars and Skywars should be rewarded with an uber cubelet whereas "dead" games -such as Infection and Arcade- should only reward you with some super cubelets)
These rewards will be given at the end of the week: The first, second and third player all get a reward

Monthly
Being on a monthly leaderboard should reward you with 3 or 4 super cubelets, or an uber cubelet (once again, depending on the gamemode)
And also, once again, these rewards will be given at the end of the month to the first, second and third player

Yearly
This is a good one! It'd reward you with 2, 3 or 4 uber cubelets (and also here, depending on the gamemode)
And, once again, the rewards are given at the end of the year

---

How this should be implemented..
8dS5Wxg.jpg

Perhaps move the sign or make it a clickable hologram, but make sure to add some fancy colors!

---

Please note!

The permanent leaderboard should always be shown first, players can choose to switch it if they like
It'd first switch to the yearly leaderboard, then to the monthly leaderboard and then to the weekly one!

---

If you're already working on this, Cubecraft, please tell us! This way we'll stop complaining and resuggesting it :)
Just do what driima said down below
I agree however, that staff can be more responsive and transparent with the community about the suggestions made by our players and our intentions with those suggestions.

Oh, and by the way
Don't make this one a plus only feature!​

Last edited:

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
I don’t agree with yearly leaderboards because it’s way too long to refresh them, also a year is a really long time, alot of people don’t even stay a year on the server.
Yearly leaderboards will just be pointless imo, maybe if it was 3 (or maybe 6) months, I would agree to it.

I like the other leaderboards, also the rewards fit them.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I don’t agree with yearly leaderboards because it’s way too long to refresh them, also a year is a really long time, alot of people don’t even stay a year on the server.
Yearly leaderboards will just be pointless imo, maybe if it was 3 (or maybe 6) months, I would agree to it.

I like the other leaderboards, also the rewards fit them.
Semi yearly leaderboards sound good to me too, it's just.. I'd like to have one type which is not permanent, but is for long time

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Maybe instead of lifetime - yearly - monthly - weekly
Lifetime - monthly - weekly - daily

Chum Chum

Jun 7, 2018
This is basically how I see it:

- Lifetime -
People that invest around about an hour a day, for multiple years.

- Yearly -
It will literally refresh once a year.
I'm 1st on Duels for only 13 months, or something like that.

- Monthly -
This is basically every-three-week.
I like it.
It's not short enough to be useless.
it's not long enough to be considered a lifetime of work.

- Weekly -
This will be refreshed 52 times a year...
Not really fun.

- Daily -
My routine is 100 kills a day.
This is going to be WAY too competitive for people to care about.
They are just going to say stuff like "WOw, diD yoU AcTualLy PlaY ThAt MucH??/?"

Extravaganza that I want to see:

Leader-Boards should display top 10, rather than top 5.

LB's should display player's ELO.
(Skill indication)

Your stats should tell you who is below, and above you.
(In terms of how close you are to 10th-place)

When a player reaches 5th place, a global message will be sent in chat.
CHUM CHUM IS NOW 5TH ON DUELS ! ! ! - CONGRATULATIONS!

That message will be sent to all online players.
Specifically: it will be in the chat, and boss-bar. (For something like 10 minutes, maybe an hour)

This way, players will be rewarded with recognition of their efforts.
This will also happen when 5th place advances.

[NAME] IS NOW 4TH!!!
[NAME] IS NOW 3RD!!!
IS NOW 2ND!!!
[NAME] HAS BECOME THE KING OF [GAME]. AS THE 1ST TOP PLAYER! - CONGRATULATIONS ! ! !

Getting a reward, just because you are on some leader-board, isn't really that great, in my opinion.
I heavily disagree with it, because I think players should be rewarded with the quest, that they have finally completed.
So much effort has been put through to a virtual lego simulator.
With as much as I am proud of investing so much time, and now I am super happy, because the quest is complete..
The only thing left for me, are super difficult challenges.
Reach this milestone! Win [THIS] many more games!
Leader-Boards shouldn't be a billboard indicating a competition, even though the competition is a very big part of the game.

- TL;DR -

Add monthly LB.
Change it to top 10.
Add ELO to all games.
Display their ELO.
Make a really big message in chat when people advance from 5th to [X]
Make a really big message when the 2nd becomes 1st.

DqrkMqtter

Honestly, I like this idea, but the rewards should be the other way around. Instead of rewarding people who get on the leaderboards for the popular games with Uber Cubelets, maybe try giving them Cubelets or Super Cubelets and give the games that are "dying" Uber Cubelets, so that way, people who want Uber Cubelets will start to play the "dying" games more.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Actually I’m sure there would be many players that would make an effort to get to those daily leaderboards and eventually, if they are consistent enough they would get to the monthly ones and so on.
It’s just a process in which you make the player get engaged in the game, and slowly but worth enough they start seeing results.
Additionally, people that want to get to a certain leaderboard but aren’t motivated enough because the only progress they see is a number slowly increasing. Would find more reasons to actually play.
Because let’s face it, it’s a natural human instinct to want to stand out to show some sort of “superiority” and not in a bad way.

Reactions: remio

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
if diferent tops (montly,wekenly, yearly.....) was implemented the normal top loose POWER

Why you want to enter on a weekenly top if you will loose them in a few days?
make no sense

Chum Chum

Jun 7, 2018
Yeah, they get refreshed.
But that's the point. @jevmen
Obviously, it's not permanent. if they would, it would defeat the purpose of Lifetime-LB's.
This is just another way of making players play the same game, over and over again.
A pretty useful one, as well.

Reactions: remio

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
Yeah, they get refreshed.
But that's the point. @jevmen
Obviously, it's not permanent. if they would, it would defeat the purpose of Lifetime-LB's.
This is just another way of making players play the same game, over and over again.
A pretty useful one, as well.

Okay.
you want to implement a top that is cleaned every 1 week or 1 month. where is the chagenlle?
So, you dont need to try to overtake the first, when you can wait for it to restart and start first.

that's the fun of the current top, it's very simple. the 5 people with the most victories. and if you want to overtake them you have to play.

why you want to keep a top that will restart in a few days?

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Okay.
you want to implement a top that is cleaned every 1 week or 1 month. where is the chagenlle?
So, you dont need to try to overtake the first, when you can wait for it to restart and start first.

that's the fun of the current top, it's very simple. the 5 people with the most victories. and if you want to overtake them you have to play.

why you want to keep a top that will restart in a few days?

Have you heard of seasons for sports before? It's kind of the same concept. One season one team will be 1st if they play the best/win the most. The next season they might not be. It's kind of a competition.

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
Have you heard of seasons for sports before? It's kind of the same concept. One season one team will be 1st if they play the best/win the most. The next season they might not be. It's kind of a competition.
is not same

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli
Did you know... 466 forum usernames contain the word “cube”, 3512 contain the word “craft”, and 683 contain the word “Creeper”.
Livvv wrote on Kloska's profile.
Grattis ankis! ^-^
AnolTongi wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday Klosk!!!!!
Wishing you a fun weekend 💛
Basketman wrote on Kloska's profile.
Since I know you like these AI images:
Here is one for your Birthday Tim, enjoy this day!
1714740689209.png
Top Bottom