Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Please select one of the following three. If you select yes, please select one of the remaining two

• Total voters

comfyyy

Hey all, another suggestion(it's been a while)...

So playing on a lot of Minecraft servers over the years, I've always enjoyed when custom weapons or items get added to the game. I think it would be fun to try it in Skywars. Now, this wouldn't have it's own resource pack to go along with it like Lucky Islands. These "Legendary" items would be named with an included description, and each would have either a cool-down ability or limited uses.

I haven't really thought this through too much but here's what I am thinking so far. (And please keep in mind each item would either have a cool-down or spawn into the game almost broken)

Swords with affects:

Kiss of Death
: Wooden sword that gives Wither affect for 5 seconds.
While this sword may not deal too much damage in the hit itself, the affect would render golden apples useless, and weaken the player temporarily.

The Plague Doctor's Tool: Iron sword that gives nausea affect for 1.5 seconds.
Again, this doesn't deal too much damage to the player, but will disorient them for a few seconds.

Blind Man's Cane: Iron sword that gives Blindness affect for 2 seconds.
Similar to the previous, this will be most effective in disorienting the player.

Sword Of Zeus: Iron sword that summons a weakened lightning bolt.
This item can deal a lot of damage, but the player using it risks also being struck if it is a close quarters fight.

Wrath of Hades: Gold sword that summons fire on the blocks in front of the player who uses it.
Good for blocking off paths or igniting your enemy, this would be a useful tool.

Items:

Milk Buckets: A bucket of milk.
With all these affects related to potions being added, milk buckets would be a common item in the chest loot pool.

Immunization Splash Potion: Splash Potion that would clear all effects.
Basically a fast milk bucket.

Tools:

Pirate's Plunder: An iron pickaxe that can summon random loot drops out of blocks.
The loot table for the available random drops would consist mainly of ores, gems, or ingots, but with the occasional splash potion, armor piece, sword. You would also have a small chance of getting another Legendary item.
(Odds being 80/15/5 for Ores,etc./Armour, swords/Legendaries.)

Raze: Golden shovel that can decay the blocks around it.
This would be able to spread to a 5 block radius, and slowly eat away at the blocks. Blocks would turn first to random nether blocks, then disappear completely. Useful for anyone who thinks camping is a legitimate strategy.

(More ideas soon, braindead rn)

I think this could really be enjoyable in Skywars, but to keep it from completely altering Skywars, only add it to the OP gamemode, which a lot of skilled players tend to dislike once you are playing anything newer than 1.8 PvP., or create its own gamemode.

Last edited:

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I like some but I think some should not be in the game, while some should be adjusted.

Kiss of death
Good idea imo, would be cool to see that weapon in the game.

The plague's doctor tool
3 seconds of nausea may seem not that long, but for real bad fighters like me that would be a serious way to quit SkyWars. For some players, 3 seconds is enough to completely finish off a player while I need 3 seconds to get used to fighting, not to mention that my aim would suck even more because of the nausea that I'd be affected by. I don't think this should be added to the game.

Blind man's cane
5 seconds. If there would be an overpowered section of items in overpowered SkyWars, this item would be faaaaaaaaar (real far) beyond that. I think it should be max. 2 seconds with a cooldown, because otherwise you'd know you'll be dead before even starting the fight.

Sword Of Zeus
Would be cool to see in game, but I think the actual lighting bolt should be just an effect and should not deal any damage because that would be OP, even for Overpowered. However, the fire summoned by the bolt should stay.

Wrath of Hades
Soooo basically Lucky Islands' dragon breath wand but I assume a little different?

Raze
I am highly against this because I am a huge lover of trapping and traps would be useless if this would be added. I'm sorry.

Summary: Nice thinking but I think some items should not be added or should be adjusted. Also, I think these would fit better in Lucky Islands, anyone who agrees?

comfyyy

I like some but I think some should not be in the game, while some should be adjusted.

Kiss of death
Good idea imo, would be cool to see that weapon in the game.

The plague's doctor tool
3 seconds of nausea may seem not that long, but for real bad fighters like me that would be a serious way to quit SkyWars. For some players, 3 seconds is enough to completely finish off a player while I need 3 seconds to get used to fighting, not to mention that my aim would suck even more because of the nausea that I'd be affected by. I don't think this should be added to the game.

Blind man's cane
5 seconds. If there would be an overpowered section of items in overpowered SkyWars, this item would be faaaaaaaaar (real far) beyond that. I think it should be max. 2 seconds with a cooldown, because otherwise you'd know you'll be dead before even starting the fight.

Sword Of Zeus
Would be cool to see in game, but I think the actual lighting bolt should be just an effect and should not deal any damage because that would be OP, even for Overpowered. However, the fire summoned by the bolt should stay.

Wrath of Hades
Soooo basically Lucky Islands' dragon breath wand but I assume a little different?

Raze
I am highly against this because I am a huge lover of trapping and traps would be useless if this would be added. I'm sorry.

Summary: Nice thinking but I think some items should not be added or should be adjusted. Also, I think these would fit better in Lucky Islands, anyone who agrees?
I can adjust times, I can see where you are coming from there. Hades would be similar but slightly less fire. As far as raze goes, its an OP gamemode, its essentially as OP as TNT just slower. (UPDATE: adjusted time)

Reactions: remio

Noodles99

Jun 28, 2019
US
Not really because this would only add a few items, while lucky islands is based upon the items entirely. Also they have World events and stuff. This would still keep skywars somewhat skywars.
I think this would be better fit then, as a seperare gamemode within lucky islands. Some of the items (Wrath of Hades for instance) would make skywars more like lucky islands. Some items could make it annoying and boring for some players (being hit with the Blind Man's cane could easily end a fight) I think these items would be better out of skywars rather than in

Noodles99

Jun 28, 2019
US
I think this would be better fit then, as a seperare gamemode within lucky islands. Some of the items (Wrath of Hades for instance) would make skywars more like lucky islands. Some items could make it annoying and boring for some players (being hit with the Blind Man's cane could easily end a fight) I think these items would be better out of skywars rather than in
Ah I see you would change some timings.I think that would make it better. You have my vote for OP

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
We already have the efficiency 1337 pickaxe as a custom item but some more special items will fit well in the overpowered mode true.
The only thing i will personally want is NOT gamebreaking items which will ruin everything,otherwise the idea is good.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Eli's profile.
oh noes
happy late birthday eli!!!!
Xi1m wrote on eddytheeagle88's profile.
if youre a partner on the discord server, shouldnt you also be partner on here?
Malek_kh wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🌹
Malek_kh wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday! :heart:
Tripleee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom