• no, it doens't matter for me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ZeroResistance

Novice Member
Nov 26, 2016
netherlands
hi everyone,

i was thinking about having custom achievements and challenges for 1.8. If you are playing on 1.8 you probably know that you dont have access to all gamemodes. You only have access to Lucky Island, Skywars, EggWars and FFA. But when you open your challenges in 1.8 you still need to do challenges for 1.9 gamemodes, for example win 3 games of duels or play 5 games of tower defence. I would really like to see custom challenges / achievements based on the 1.8 gamemodes.

please let me know your oppinion by leaving a message and vote on the poll, it doesn't matter if it is positive or nagative :D

Last edited:

Flasser

Jan 2, 2019
www.cubecraft.net
hi everyone,

i was thinking about having custom achievements and challenges for 1.8. If you are playing on 1.8 you probably know that you dont have access to all gamemodes. You only have access to Lucky Island, Skywars, EggWars and FFA. But when you open your challenges in 1.8 you still need to do challenges for 1.9 gamemodes, for example win 3 games of duels or play 5 games of tower defence. I would really like to see custom challenges / achievements based on the 1.8 gamemodes.

please let me know your oppinion by leaving a message and vote on the poll, it doesn't matter if it is positive or nagative :D

Great idea, i myself play on 1.8 on Cubecraft, tho i never do the challenges because they require me to be on 1.9 or higher.

Should definitely be added!

Reactions: ZeroResistance

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I understand where you are coming from, but I don’t think this needs to be added. Because there are a lot players who switch between 1.8 and 1.9, since the statistics are the same on both versions, I don’t think it would make sense if you can’t see your 1.9 achievements, since the statistics are combined.

ZeroResistance

Novice Member
Nov 26, 2016
netherlands
Hi! I understand where you are coming from, but I don’t think this needs to be added. Because there are a lot players who switch between 1.8 and 1.9, since the statistics are the same on both versions, I don’t think it would make sense if you can’t see your 1.9 achievements, since the statistics are combined.
maybe it is possible to keep the same stats between 1.8 and 1.9 and then just make it so 1.8 players only have access to 1.8 gamemode challenges. so the statistics are the same on 1.8 and 1.9 if you know what i mean 🙂

Reactions: ShinyArrow

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
I agree with this idea, there should be Challenges and Achievements for solely 1.8 players. It would be a great addition and may encourage more people to play on the version. Overall, a great idea! :>

Mats3209

Mar 25, 2017
About the custom achievements, I don't really care and I don't think it could be bad.

About the challenges, I don't think it would be a good idea. Challenges are a daily thing where you play all sorts of gamemodes. Since 1.8 only gives you access to, skywars, eggwars, and FFA, the daily challenges on 1.8 would be boring, and easy to do since you can play one gamemode, and do a lot of challenges at the same time! Let me know if you have a solution for this, but for now its a no.

ZeroResistance

Novice Member
Nov 26, 2016
netherlands
About the custom achievements, I don't really care and I don't think it could be bad.

About the challenges, I don't think it would be a good idea. Challenges are a daily thing where you play all sorts of gamemodes. Since 1.8 only gives you access to, skywars, eggwars, and FFA, the daily challenges on 1.8 would be boring, and easy to do since you can play one gamemode, and do a lot of challenges at the same time! Let me know if you have a solution for this, but for now its a no.
can you see this from a different perspective 1.8 players don't want to switch to 1.9 just to do a few challenges. we just want to stick with our gamemodes. you are saying the challenges will be boring I disagree because at this moment we are doing literally no challenges so this makes it harder for us to level up so I think this is not going to be boring because it gives you a goal to achieve. you are also saying it is going to be easy how about making the challenges harder for example instead winning 1 game as a challenge win 3 games. does this make sense?

Mats3209

Mar 25, 2017
can you see this from a different perspective 1.8 players don't want to switch to 1.9 just to do a few challenges. we just want to stick with our gamemodes. you are saying the challenges will be boring I disagree because at this moment we are doing literally no challenges so this makes it harder for us to level up so I think this is not going to be boring because it gives you a goal to achieve. you are also saying it is going to be easy how about making the challenges harder for example instead winning 1 game as a challenge win 3 games. does this make sense?
The main reason why there shouldn't be challenges for 1.8 is due to the lack of gamemodes.
This leads to 2 problems:

one, players might find it boring. In my opinion the daily challenges are fun because you get to play most of the gamemodes! In 1.8 there are only 3.

Second, the daily challenges would be done probably faster. I can't be sure because I have never done it on 1.8 because it doesn't exist, but I'm quite sure it would be done quicker.

Actual gamemodes of 1.8 vs 1.9
1.8 Only: Eggwars, Skywars and FFA.
1.9 Only: Eggwars, Skywars, FFA, Duels, Lucky Islands, Minerware, and Tower defence

Overview:

This is what 1.9 challenges would look like:
Easy:
Play 3 games of minerware
kill 3 players in solo eggwars
win 3 duels
Medium:
Win a game of tower defence
Kill 8 players in FFA
Win a game of solo skywars
Get 4 kills in solo lucky islands
Hard:
Get 6 kills in team skywars
Win 40 microgames in minerware
Win a game of team skywars
kill 8 players in team lucky islands.
This is what 1.8 challenges would look like:
Easy:
Kill 3 players in solo eggwars
Break an egg in solo eggwars

shoot 25 arrows in solo skywars
Medium:
Kill 8 players in FFA
Kill 5 players in team eggwars
kill 4 players in team skywars
Hard:
Win a game of solo eggwars
Kill 15 players in FFA
Kill 6 players in team skywars

Problem 1. (Could be boring) It could be boring because players may find 3 gamemodes not fun to play.

Problem 2. (Shorter and easier done with challenges) Normally on 1.9 it takes around 50 - 90 minutes to complete the challenges.
On 1.8 it would be shorter and easier because there are only 3 gamemodes.
If you look on the overview of 1.8, when a player wants to begin with Team Skywars, He has to win & kill 6 players. Those 2 can be done together easily.
And for solo eggwars: Kill 3 players & break an egg & win a game. Those 3 can be done in just one game.
On 1.8 it would be more efficient to do the challenges because you have to play just 3 gamemodes. Actually 5, because of solo and teams.
Then on 1.8 you would have to play around 6 games of different gamemodes to be done.
Then on 1.9 you would have to play around 11 games of different gamemodes to be done.

If I could choose, I would go for 1.8 because you play games more efficient and you are faster done.
This is not balanced compared to 1.9 because 1.8 players are done faster.
It would be easier for 1.8 to maintain their daily challenge streak, get cubelets, get exp, and get points.

I also said that faster being done with challenges is a good thing. Not for everyone, because they enjoy doing the challenges. I also enjoy them, but less since I have been doing them for over a year. I want the rewards (Mostly cubelets) so bad, that I keep doing the challenges.

Normally I don't write such long comments on suggestions, but since I play them everyday, I wanted to explain to you why I don't think it's a good idea.

ZeroResistance

Novice Member
Nov 26, 2016
netherlands
The main reason why there shouldn't be challenges for 1.8 is due to the lack of gamemodes.

one, players might find it boring. In my opinion the daily challenges are fun because you get to play most of the gamemodes! In 1.8 there are only 3.

Second, the daily challenges would be done probably faster. I can't be sure because I have never done it on 1.8 because it doesn't exist, but I'm quite sure it would be done quicker.

1.9 Only: Eggwars, Skywars, FFA, Duels, Lucky Islands, Minerware, and Tower defence

Overview:

Easy:
win 3 duels
Medium:
Kill 8 players in FFA
Hard:
Easy:

Medium:
Kill 8 players in FFA
Hard:
Kill 15 players in FFA

Problem 1. (Could be boring) It could be boring because players may find 3 gamemodes not fun to play.

Problem 2. (Too fast done with challenges) Normally on 1.9 it takes around 50 - 90 minutes to complete the challenges.
On 1.8 it would be shorter because there are only 3 gamemodes.
If you look on the overview of 1.8, when a player wants to begin with Team Skywars, He has to win & kill 6 players. Those 2 can be done together easily.
And for solo eggwars: Kill 3 players & break an egg & win a game. Those 3 can be done in just one game.
On 1.8 it would be more efficient to do the challenges because you have to play just 3 gamemodes. Actually 5, because of solo and teams.
If I could choose, I would go for 1.8 because you play games more efficient.
It would be easier for 1.8 to maintain their daily challenge streak, get cubelets, get exp, and get points.

Normally I don't write such long comments on suggestions, but since I play them everyday, I wanted to explain to you why I don't think it's a good idea.
I play 1.8 myself and I still get the 1.9 challenges maybe you should check it out by yourself because this is not like the way it is right now.

Reactions: Mats3209

Mats3209

Mar 25, 2017
I play 1.8 myself and I still get the 1.9 challenges maybe you should check it out by yourself because this is not like the way it is right now.
you suggested that the challenges could be completed on 1.8, which I know isn't possible right now. I made a overview so you can see how it would look like and I could point out things where I think it wouldn't be good.
Lastly, you said that this is not like the way it is right now, that's obvious, because you are suggesting something that isn't a thing yet.

ZeroResistance

Novice Member
Nov 26, 2016
netherlands
you suggested that the challenges could be completed on 1.8, which I know isn't possible right now. I made a overview so you can see how it would look like and I could point out things where I think it wouldn't be good.
Lastly, you said that this is not like the way it is right now, that's obvious, because you are suggesting something that isn't a thing yet.
that was a answer on how the challenges are right now :D

ZeroResistance

Novice Member
Nov 26, 2016
netherlands

Overview:

Easy:
win 3 duels
Medium:
Kill 8 players in FFA
Hard:
Easy:

Medium:
Kill 8 players in FFA
Hard:
Kill 15 players in FFA

Problem 2. (Shorter and easier done with challenges) Normally on 1.9 it takes around 50 - 90 minutes to complete the challenges.
Then on 1.8 you would have to play around 6 games of different gamemodes to be done.
Then on 1.9 you would have to play around 11 games of different gamemodes to be done.

If I could choose, I would go for 1.8 because you play games more efficient and you are faster done.

I also said that faster being done with challenges is a good thing. Not for everyone, because they enjoy doing the challenges. I also enjoy them, but less since I have been doing them for over a year. I want the rewards (Mostly cubelets) so bad, that I keep doing the challenges.

if the challenges for 1.8 where like you said the how can I still see 1.9 challenges?
Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 19.40.37.png

Mats3209

Mar 25, 2017
oh now i get what you mean. I already knew that 1.9 challenges are on 1.8 too and they are impossible if you only play on 1.8. But I said:
I have never done it on 1.8 because it doesn't exist,
I already know it isn't possible for only 1.8 players, but only 1.8 challenges don't exist yet so nobody knows how long they take to do. That could be unbalanced. Here I explain my opinion about that:

LoveAndMafia

Dedicated Member
Oct 16, 2016
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Easy:

Medium:
Kill 8 players in FFA
Hard:
Kill 15 players in FFA
I really like the idea! +1

ZeroResistance

Novice Member
Nov 26, 2016
netherlands
oh now i get what you mean. I already knew that 1.9 challenges are on 1.8 too and they are impossible if you only play on 1.8. But I said:

I already know it isn't possible for only 1.8 players, but only 1.8 challenges don't exist yet so nobody knows how long they take to do. That could be unbalanced. Here I explain my opinion about that:
I get your point sorry if I wasn't clear in how I described my opinion. But maybe CubeCraft needs to find a way to keep the challenges fun for both versions. like make the challenges harder on 1.8 so it takes longer (just an example) but I think the best way is to just remove the 1.9 challenges from 1.8 so we can also do our challenges. btw I think it won't be easier because most of the time you have like 2 challenges for the same game mode so I think it won't change that much.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
you dont know how long ive been waiting to see this <3
IMG_8461.jpeg
Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🐺
Top Bottom