would you guys like to see something like this for 1.8

• good idea!

Votes: 18 100.0%
  • no, it doens't matter for me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mats3209

Mar 25, 2017
I get your point sorry if I wasn't clear in how I described my opinion. But maybe CubeCraft needs to find a way to keep the challenges fun for both versions. like make the challenges harder on 1.8 so it takes longer (just an example) but I think the best way is to just remove the 1.9 challenges from 1.8 so we can also do our challenges. btw I think it won't be easier because most of the time you have like 2 challenges for the same game mode so I think it won't change that much.
Yes I agree that they should make it possible on 1.8 to complete challenges. But many with some harder challenges for each gamemode. Or if they find another solution to make it a bit more balanced against 1.9 challenges. It's annoying for 1.8 challenges that you have to play 1.9 gamemodes you can't play on 1.8. Maybe you could come up with some sulotion or something?

Reactions: ZeroResistance

ZeroResistance

Novice Member
Nov 26, 2016
netherlands
Yes I agree that they should make it possible on 1.8 to complete challenges. But many with some harder challenges for each gamemode. Or if they find another solution to make it a bit more balanced against 1.9 challenges. It's annoying for 1.8 challenges that you have to play 1.9 gamemodes you can't play on 1.8. Maybe you could come up with some sulotion or something?
Exactly, i already gave my suggestions and i still think they will solve the problem. and maybe if this isn't a option just add the 1.9 gamemodes to 1.8 so it is still fair to us (i know this is really hard to do. so that is why i think my suggestions add the begin of this thread are the best).

Reactions: Mats3209

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
The main reason why there shouldn't be challenges for 1.8 is due to the lack of gamemodes.
This leads to 2 problems:

one, players might find it boring. In my opinion the daily challenges are fun because you get to play most of the gamemodes! In 1.8 there are only 3.

Second, the daily challenges would be done probably faster. I can't be sure because I have never done it on 1.8 because it doesn't exist, but I'm quite sure it would be done quicker.

Actual gamemodes of 1.8 vs 1.9
1.8 Only: Eggwars, Skywars and FFA.
1.9 Only: Eggwars, Skywars, FFA, Duels, Lucky Islands, Minerware, and Tower defence

Overview:

This is what 1.9 challenges would look like:
Easy:
Play 3 games of minerware
kill 3 players in solo eggwars
win 3 duels
Medium:
Win a game of tower defence
Kill 8 players in FFA
Win a game of solo skywars
Get 4 kills in solo lucky islands
Hard:
Get 6 kills in team skywars
Win 40 microgames in minerware
Win a game of team skywars
kill 8 players in team lucky islands.
This is what 1.8 challenges would look like:
Easy:
Kill 3 players in solo eggwars
Break an egg in solo eggwars

shoot 25 arrows in solo skywars
Medium:
Kill 8 players in FFA
Win a game of solo skywars
Kill 5 players in team eggwars
kill 4 players in team skywars
Hard:
Win a game of team skywars
Win a game of solo eggwars
Kill 15 players in FFA
Kill 6 players in team skywars

Problem 1. (Could be boring) It could be boring because players may find 3 gamemodes not fun to play.

Problem 2. (Shorter and easier done with challenges) Normally on 1.9 it takes around 50 - 90 minutes to complete the challenges.
On 1.8 it would be shorter and easier because there are only 3 gamemodes.
If you look on the overview of 1.8, when a player wants to begin with Team Skywars, He has to win & kill 6 players. Those 2 can be done together easily.
And for solo eggwars: Kill 3 players & break an egg & win a game. Those 3 can be done in just one game.
On 1.8 it would be more efficient to do the challenges because you have to play just 3 gamemodes. Actually 5, because of solo and teams.
Then on 1.8 you would have to play around 6 games of different gamemodes to be done.
Then on 1.9 you would have to play around 11 games of different gamemodes to be done.

If I could choose, I would go for 1.8 because you play games more efficient and you are faster done.
This is not balanced compared to 1.9 because 1.8 players are done faster.
It would be easier for 1.8 to maintain their daily challenge streak, get cubelets, get exp, and get points.

I also said that faster being done with challenges is a good thing. Not for everyone, because they enjoy doing the challenges. I also enjoy them, but less since I have been doing them for over a year. I want the rewards (Mostly cubelets) so bad, that I keep doing the challenges.

Normally I don't write such long comments on suggestions, but since I play them everyday, I wanted to explain to you why I don't think it's a good idea.
1. 8 has lucky islands too with that 1.9 only have 3 more game modes minerware duels and tower defence I don't think that's a lot more BTW they can just easily fix this by making the challenges in 1.8 take a little longer by example instead of kill 3 players in solo eggwars kill 10 players in solo skyward I don't think this is big problem

Reactions: ZeroResistance

ZeroResistance

Novice Member
Nov 26, 2016
netherlands
1. 8 has lucky islands too with that 1.9 only have 3 more game modes minerware duels and tower defence I don't think that's a lot more BTW they can just easily fix this by making the challenges in 1.8 take a little longer by example instead of kill 3 players in solo eggwars kill 10 players in solo skyward I don't think this is big problem
i guess this is done with plugins over all servers in 1.8 and in 1.9. If this is how they did it they can just fix it by configuring the 1.8 plugin differently than the 1.9 one :D
i also agree to what you are saying btw.

Reactions: Levi_the_pro
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom