Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Will you want a reward of somekind for reporting?

• Yes, I would.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No, I would not.

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Maybe, special reports (Teaming for example).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AgentSixP

Jul 10, 2016
I think there should be a little reward for those who are reporting players. When I am in my reports page it says that thanks to me 29 players have been punished, and about 3 more who I just saw fly hacking. Point is it would be nice to get say 1 coin for reporting a fly hacker and say 3 for teaming, sure I guess all the people that reporting right now will keep reporting (like me) but in my opinion it would be nice to get a little reward of some kind. Also I think it will encourage more people to report on the people who breaking the rules.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Rewards for reporting was suggested before and people seem to like it, but its downside broght negative feedback but the most i can think of that they would do would be something like double points weekend or something like that,

The downside is individual rewards would cause people to report for the rewards, not for the good of the server

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
This has been suggested many times before and has always been denied by the community. Whilst getting points or experience would be something nice to get in return for reporting players, this would be unfair towards players who cannot report players for some reason.

However, I would love to see a global goal. For example, for every 10.000 successful reports, a 1-hour-long point multiplier gets activated for a certain game mode. This would encourage players to start reporting players if they haven't already.

Reactions: Steyro

AgentSixP

Jul 10, 2016
Rewards for reporting was suggested before and people seem to like it but the most i can think of that they would do would be something like double points weekend or something like that,

The downside is individual rewards would cause people to report for the rewards, not for the good of the server
I disagree, I am voting because I don't like hackers and teamers, personally I don't report for the "good of the server" is that a down side? maybe, but as long as I reporting nobody should care.

AgentSixP

Jul 10, 2016
This has been suggested many times before and has always been denied by the community. Whilst getting points or experience would be something nice to get in return for reporting players, this would be unfair towards players who cannot report players for some reason.

However, I would love to see a global goal. For example, for every 10.000 successful reports, a 1-hour-long point multiplier gets activated for a certain game mode. This would encourage players to start reporting players if they haven't already.
For what reason you can't vote? I have a uploade speed of 0.41 and it takes about 15 minutes to uploade a 22 seconds viedo, it still dosen't mean I can't vote.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I disagree, I am voting because I don't like hackers and teamers, personally I don't report for the "good of the server" is that a down side? maybe, but as long as I reporting nobody should care.

That type of attitude can lead to many failures in life im not trying to start a philisophical warfare but ends dont justify means, the fact your reporting because you dont like them indirectly is for the good of the server, but you should be positive about your reports, know youve done a good thing and made cubecraft a better place one rule breaker at a time

I dont like hackers either and teamers i could care less really but i report them anyway "for the good of the server" and the fact that it feels good giving whats deserved especially if the persons cocky about it

Reactions: Mr_Riolu_

The_Supermarket

Dedicated Member
Oct 3, 2015
Westervoort
I think there should be a little reward for those who are reporting players. When I am in my reports page it says that thanks to me 29 players have been punished, and about 3 more who I just saw fly hacking. Point is it would be nice to get say 1 coin for reporting a fly hacker and say 3 for teaming, sure I guess all the people that reporting right now will keep reporting (like me) but in my opinion it would be nice to get a little reward of some kind. Also I think it will encourage more people to report on the people who breaking the rules.
Its also a motivation to report hackers, I like this idea, i hooe they can add it in the futere :)

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
I have a uploade speed of 0.41 and it takes about 15 minutes to uploade a 22 seconds viedo, it still dosen't mean I can't vote.
Vote?...

Anyways, some players use "old" computers, meaning that crucial factors such as a recording software or even YouTube are not compatible with the computer he or she might be using. Some parents also forbid players to record on a computer.
I play on an iMac myself and use QuickTime Player when recording. However, QuickTime Player doesn't allow me to record in-game sounds, meaning that my videos are completely silent. Since you can recognise kill aura partly by the hit sound, some of my reports got denied due to "lack of evidence".

Reactions: The_Supermarket

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
If rewards are introduced it will mean that people might start to report people that are not rule breakers. It will create a lot more fake reports for the staff to have to solve. For this reason I don't think that there should be rewards.

AgentSixP

Jul 10, 2016
That type of attitude can lead to many failures in life im not trying to start a philisophical warfare but ends dont justify means, the fact your reporting because you dont like them indirectly is for the good of the server, but you should be positive about your reports, know youve done a good thing and made cubecraft a better place one rule breaker at a time

I dont like hackers either and teamers i could care less really but i report them anyway "for the good of the server" and the fact that it feels good giving whats deserved especially if the persons cocky about it
Why should I do something for the server? yea sure, I play in it so I should care about it, but it's not like I am getting anything else, just thank you and you did a good thing, so I do it for myself, maybe it selfish, but my time is important to me. So just because it's a good thing to do I won't do it, sorry but I need a better reason.

AgentSixP

Jul 10, 2016
Vote?...

Anyways, some players use "old" computers, meaning that crucial factors such as a recording software or even YouTube are not compatible with the computer he or she might be using. Some parents also forbid players to record on a computer.
I play on an iMac myself and use QuickTime Player when recording. However, QuickTime Player doesn't allow me to record in-game sounds, meaning that my videos are completely silent. Since you can recognise kill aura partly by the hit sound, some of my reports got denied due to "lack of evidence".
Oh I see, also sorry I meant to uploade a viedo, and yea it's a pretty good reason, I can understand why you won't like the reward for the report suggestion.

Reactions: Buuuddy

AgentSixP

Jul 10, 2016
If rewards are introduced it will mean that people might start to report people that are not rule breakers. It will create a lot more fake reports for the staff to have to solve. For this reason I don't think that there should be rewards.
I don't think it should be an automatic system that when you report you'll autmoaticly get coins or whatever, it should be after a it's a confirmed.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Why should I do something for the server? yea sure, I play in it so I should care about it, but it's not like I am getting anything else, just thank you and you did a good thing, so I do it for myself, maybe it selfish, but my time is important to me. So just because it's a good thing to do I won't do it, sorry but I need a better reason.
I didnt say you had to but if a thank you isnt satisfactory enough then the player dosent have a good motive

Reactions: Mr_Riolu_

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
I don't think it should be an automatic system that when you report you'll autmoaticly get coins or whatever, it should be after a it's a confirmed.

I understand that, but people will still submit fake reports thinking that they can get rewards. I just think that a reward system would mean that the staff would have a lot more work to do than normal.

AgentSixP

Jul 10, 2016
I didnt say you had to but if a thank you isnt satisfactory enough then the player dosent have a good motive
So this is what I say, if you get a reward for reporting, it would be a good motive to report, or like what I do, report hackers because I think they should be banned.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Lyriie wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on DonovanSus's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
Livvv wrote on Vunks's profile.
Thanks for the follow! ^-^
Top Bottom