Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Josh K

May 10, 2017
Bow spamming was never a problem in the first place, if you were any good you could easily win a fight against a bow spammer, shields, unpredictable movement, etc. If you are able to be the first one to go mid and get 12 diamonds and still have an egg to defend then I believe that is worth a punch bow. A punch bow isn't the best defense either, campers are just sitting ducks, any raid on a camper and they will die because they have nowhere to go, I would like to hear everyones thoughts on this.

~Farquad420

Reactions: Shamel and 112axel
D

Deleted member 204478

upload_2017-6-30_18-45-1.gif

Josh K

May 10, 2017
Also, maybe a compromise at the punch bow being 15-18 diamonds would probably be worth it

Josh K

May 10, 2017
Thats my point, a good player can kill a bow spammer its just a matter of playing against them smart, like building walls behind you and in front of you and random movements, its not worth 25 diamonds, 12 was good enough.

Thats my point, a good player can kill a bow spammer its just a matter of playing against them smart, like building walls behind you and in front of you and random movements, its not worth 25 diamonds, 12 was good enough.
Bowspammers are just very annoying. They make the game take a lot longer. A lot of people want less bow spammers so I am happy with the change to 25 diamonds. They are probably not goingto change it back because a lot of people agree on it.

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
I don't play eggwars often but when I did I always ended up stopping because there always seemed to be that one guy or one team in the corner of the map that would get punch bows and build a fort.
I'm happy about the change. It's not really effecting much of the gameplay, it's just delaying the players getting the punch bows to bowspam.
I do see your point though because when changes like this happen in SG which is the game I play a lot I feel the same way, I prefer the challenge :P

Josh K

May 10, 2017
My issue with it is it is so easy to counter, I loved bowspamming, but until i learned to pvp with a sword/axe, I never won games, bow spamming doesn't win games, it kills off the ppl who don't know how to play in the beginning so the last few people are actually good.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I personally like the price it is at now. 25 diamonds means you won't have to really worry about a bow until late game. That means you are free to run across bridges much later in the game and be safe. Also, with how expensive bows are, it encourages people to pvp more.
In my opinion, 25 diamonds is the perfect amount and I would not like it changed. :)

PheonixFF

Dec 25, 2016
I'll say 25 diamonds for a bow is just perfect xD meow :3 I believe we shouldn't change it because of how powerful it is xD meow :3 just with one arrow, you can get one kill easily meow. With a power 5 bow, it'll be harder to knock peeps into the void but it deals more damage meow.

Reactions: Deeds

Josh K

May 10, 2017
The punch bow is not OP in any way however, its called making a bridge where you cant be shot off, its very easy and simple, y'all should try it

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Honestly raising to cost to 25 hasn't changed all that much, other than maybe teaching lesser skilled players the value and uses of a power bow.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
The punch bow is not OP in any way however, its called making a bridge where you cant be shot off, its very easy and simple, y'all should try it
I used to think the same thing. Overtime, i changed.
Building a bridge is more difficult than it seems. Enderpearling is the best option, as they have them in normal now.
There is no E-Pearls in HC, but there is no punch bow, so that is not a valid argument for anyone to bring up.

Get used to it.
Save up 25 diamonds for a bow, ive done it a lot.

Josh K

May 10, 2017
I save up for 25 dia for the punch bow all the time during my games, I also haven't ever been shot off in about 500 games because i play smartly, its called skill, a punch bow requires no skill, the only reason you would get a kill with a punch bow is if people are stupid, it isn't op, its a good defense early in the game when people aren't playing very intelligently.

A

A pigeon

The price increase was not made to combat bowspammers FYI . Bowspammers were never a problem.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
It's dumb indeed. Bowspammers are no problem if you are pvpíng, and this doesn't stop campers either.

But you gotta live with it. The majority of people on this server are still very young, and don't know how to pvp at all (hence the HACKER HACKER) so they need to make sure these kids have a good time. Who knows they might use mommy's creditcard ;)

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Hiiii xSchulzis! :D
UncleSpect wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on WolfX's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Top Bottom