Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
I agree.
I mean c'mon, should the bow be worth more than a full set of iron gear? Bow spammers don't come along very often, some people don't even use bows in the game.
It's not to stop bowspammers it's to stop mid campers. What people usually do is speed bridge to mid, grab 12 or 15 Dias then go to base, make a punch bow, go back to mid and just completely stop everyone else from getting diamonds so their team gets OP and the rest have no chance. Increasing the price of punch bows to 25 has basically almost prevented this from happening from my experience so far, so it is a welcome edition.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Can't we just remove it already? It takes the pvp out of the pvp base minigane that eggwars is. If I wanted to play super smash bros I would go to my wii or mineplex, I want to actually use my sword to kill some people, instead of a giant stalemate, between 2 people both not being able to cross a bridge. If a team has better armor than me, a pvp fight will be harder, but if someone has a punch bow, they can sit on a diamond generator until they have all the stuff in the world, i am salty that people camp and bow spamming with it, but the thing that makes me extra mad is when people can farm, which is worse than campers imo, let's say me and someone else get 32 diamonds from mid each, I who want to kill some people and speed up the game gets full iron and sword, however if the other guy gets a punch bow and turns on his gen lvl 1abd breaks their bridge, I can do 1 of 2 things, safebridge to them taking forever giving them enough time to get a level 3 generator and all the gold and diamonds in the world, or I can save for an enderpearl, which takes the same amount of time, leaving him able to get gear again. It pisses me off when I see leather people with punch bows, I know that no matter what I do, they will be equal gear as me in a bit, and I can't do anything about it. Can we please remove the punch bow? HScrozzy is gonna say shoot an arrow to chug a gap, W tap them Place a TNT, a punch bow is not necessary for such a little task. Also for the execuse that it is necessary for op mode... just buy Wii and play super smash bros, same dam thing. No one ever dies, and the only way to kill people is by knocking them out of the map. Come back to eggwars when you realize that eggwars is a PVP based minigame. Just imagine if everyone that plays eggwars was at least decent at pvp, boy would this be a better place. On hypixels bed wars, even though you can buy a bow sitting at your home island, bows are rare, why you may ask? Bows aren't broken there, it is 1.8 pvp and the armor is weaker. In other words, the bow isn't very effective there, arrows are cheap af on eggs and golden apples are plentiful, this means people take longer to kill and bows are just as effective. Enough of that tangent. The punch bow doesn't fit eggs. How interesting is it when I can litteraly just shoot someone with a bow and they are dead? Strafing someone, knowing when to eat an apple, shoving on extra armor at the right time, all are much more interesting than setting up a bow trap, I find bridge combat some of the most intense things in eggwars, the riskiness of any moment being hit off, the punch bow ruins this. @Gainfullterror Please rebuttal this xD
Dude just play speed eggwars. Now that they got rid of the speed effect it's amazing. Expensive gapples so noobs can't just buy 64 and munch on them in fights. No punch bows so no noobs delaying the game by 200%. Islands and mid are closer together. Cheaper enderpearls in OP mode. Speed is far superior to normal eggwars now.

giesko

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2017
netherlands
Bow spamming was never a problem in the first place, if you were any good you could easily win a fight against a bow spammer, shields, unpredictable movement, etc. If you are able to be the first one to go mid and get 12 diamonds and still have an egg to defend then I believe that is worth a punch bow. A punch bow isn't the best defense either, campers are just sitting ducks, any raid on a camper and they will die because they have nowhere to go, I would like to hear everyones thoughts on this.

~Farquad420
its 25 diamonds because in 1.8 eggwars there are no shield

and in 1.9 eggwars in normal mode a shield is more than 2X so expensive as a bow (if the prices aren't chanched) so it would be still unfair

ToastO_O

Sep 7, 2016
Egypt
like i really hate bow spammers they are just like not cool at all also if u are on a bridge but i wont call them noobs it's just a skill All my respect to them but like please if u are a bow spammer reading this cmon stop it please :)

PocketSable

Feb 15, 2017
Get a shield and keep walking towards them. They will either panic and switch to a sword OR keep shooting. If they keep shooting, place tnt.
Or, you know, Enderpearl because now they're available in Normal as well.

Bonus Fact:
Keep your shield up and let them continue to shoot you while your teammate goes and kills their egg.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
What's even sadder is there's a game that offers the gameplay he wants, but instead of playing it he wants to whine about eggwars.
What game is this? UHC, never anyone to start a game, lucky islands? You starve half the time, skywars? Bows 3 seconds in the game. Also UHC is more mining the killing people. Duels/FFA still bow spammers in ffa but in duels it gets boring after a while. What game are you talking about?

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
What game is this? UHC, never anyone to start a game, lucky islands? You starve half the time, skywars? Bows 3 seconds in the game. Also UHC is more mining the killing people. Duels/FFA still bow spammers in ffa but in duels it gets boring after a while. What game are you talking about?

Well, this thread was made in the "Eggwars" section. So take a wild guess.

Reactions: 1v1MeLoser

1v1MeLoser

Jul 8, 2017
Australia
I personally don't mind the new cost for the punch bow. As someone said before on a previous comment it stops people from getting a bow that you would use too early on in the game. Killing bow spammers is simple if you are good at pvp. Another trick I learnt is that you just run in all different directions and they won't be able to aim the arrows at you in time causing them to miss.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
UHC on other servers, various other pvp games on other servers or this server, speed uhc on another server *cough* hypixel *cough*. My point is that eggwars was never supposed to just be a sword battle, because then there would be no point in having islands or eggs or the game at all.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
What you are saying is removing the punch bow would completely change eggwars in a negative way? Please explain how, and don't start with outher servers, I spent 30 bucks for a rank on cubecraft, this is because I like the server and I wanted to support them, (and so I play less op on eggwars) why would I just go to a different server? UHC is COMPLETELY different than eggwars, even if all the features were the same, generators + shop that would be like calling skywars and survival games the same. With the argument go to UHC, I can say anything, don't like mid campers? Go to UHC don't like campers? Go to UHC, don't like hackers? Go to UHC, and trap them, UHC is not 100% sword dueling it is 75% in the preparation and 25% in pvp skill, bringing a lava bucket is half the battle, using it is the other half. Also there are bowspammers and campers on UHC, believe it or not I was in a game where xMegacool skybased on UHC AND WON. If he reads this nice trap :(. Also the bow away to eat an apple garbage. Geuss what happens more, do I get bowed away trying to get me in the void or do I get oboes for them to eat an apple or get me away from them? The second one. W tapping is nearly the same kb as a punch bow, if you need to eat an apple, you can use a wooden sword and w tap them away , yeah that sounds SOOO hard, also TNT is a good way to make some distance. So what would we be missing out on if they removed the punch bow, maybe replace it with a power 2.

lilHatch

Novice Member
Dec 24, 2016
United States
No offense so her, but if done right, bow spamming can be incredibly effective and annoying. It true although that it is somewhat hard to do, but can still be very effective.

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Now repeat that fight on the edge of an island where the person actually bowspams instead of just shooting 1 time per 2 seconds lol
In the description of that video I wrote my response: ''On Eggwars you may have less space and/or have a different situation. Usually bowspam shouldn't be a problem, but I can't speak for everyone in every situation'' As I understand this might not be want you want as a response, I will respond in a less universal way:
don't stand near a ledge or you might fall off.

unliability

Jan 3, 2017
Yeah, 25 diamonds is a bit much but considering lots of people bow spam, they just want people to try go away from bow spam and that might be why they made it more diamonds so people will invest in things such as swords etc, and stop bow spamming, but sometimes, bow spamming is a must if there's multiple people, I was in a 1v3 and they were all bow spammers and if you can't beat them, join them! I shot them all off.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom