Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
Somehow, I experience as much bowspam as before. The punch bow is very valuable in a lot of cases, in my opinion it should be at 40 diamonds or maybe even more.
(I see a laughter GIF or Meme coming for the price I said xD)
I know I am not the only person who thinks the same, but I also know a lot of people disagree.

Reactions: TheBrownster

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Bowspamming was always a problem on Cubecraft. Cubecraft has made the good decision for increasing the punchbow.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Somehow, I experience as much bowspam as before. The punch bow is very valuable in a lot of cases, in my opinion it should be at 40 diamonds or maybe even more.
(I see a laughter GIF or Meme coming for the price I said xD)
I know I am not the only person who thinks the same, but I also know a lot of people disagree.
You honestly think a punch I (its not even a punch II !) bow should be worth more than armor that literally makes you invincible?

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
You honestly think a punch I (its not even a punch II !) bow should be worth more than armor that literally makes you invincible?
Yea! It's very overpowered in my opinion, but that's just mine, and a few others. But I like the current price more than the older price :P

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Yea! It's very overpowered in my opinion, but that's just mine, and a few others. But I like the current price more than the older price :p
It isn't overpowered because it has a hard counter, the shield. It is also countered by running sideways. It is powerful, but nowhere near overpowered.

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
It isn't overpowered because it has a hard counter, the shield. It is also countered by running sideways. It is powerful, but nowhere near overpowered.
I am one of those who rush, so I don't get to get a shield. But they aren't going to change just because of my opinion. And my opinion isn't changing either :P So even bother. I am fine with the current price though. ;)

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
So you want the price to be lowered again because the punch bow isn't all that good? There are multiple uses for a punch bow other than spamming it. For instance, on the map kingdom the outer part of mid where the walls are curved is a great place to hide with a bow pulled out. The second your pursuer runs around the corner you can bow him off. Another reason why the bow should stay at a high price is camping. Camping at your base with a punch bow pulled out prevents almost every entrance way possible other than an e pearl. So its better to acquire it late game.

Reactions: TheSweetSuitMan

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Funny thing is that bowspam is way more effiecient with a power bow. I mean you have a lot of people screaming "BOWSPAMMER NOOB" whenever you just hit them of the bridge and that is not bowspam. If I need one or two arrows to shoot you it's not bowspam. Using a bow isn't sad or noob, it's using everything the game offers you to win.

People that use bow only in a close 1 vs 1 fight are indeed annoying, but also easy to deal with.

The higher price doesn't change anything, only makes it take a bit longer for attacking people who actually try to play the game instead of camping. (More dia = longer time on mid/base).

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Funny thing is that bowspam is way more effiecient with a power bow. I mean you have a lot of people screaming "BOWSPAMMER NOOB" whenever you just hit them of the bridge and that is not bowspam. If I need one or two arrows to shoot you it's not bowspam. Using a bow isn't sad or noob, it's using everything the game offers you to win.

People that use bow only in a close 1 vs 1 fight are indeed annoying, but also easy to deal with.

The higher price doesn't change anything, only makes it take a bit longer for attacking people who actually try to play the game instead of camping. (More dia = longer time on mid/base).
I agree with all of this. Especially players who shoot like 100 arrows at you(and hit you with like 3), you kill them with one, and all of sudden you're the bowspamming noob.

I also find it funny when someone doesn't try to actually avoid my arrows, then complains about bowspam. Like I'm using a power bow, person just keeps running straight at me, dies, "Whaaaaa you bowspam you noob".

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
I agree with all of this. Especially players who shoot like 100 arrows at you(and hit you with like 3), you kill them with one, and all of sudden you're the bowspamming noob.

I also find it funny when someone doesn't try to actually avoid my arrows, then complains about bowspam. Like I'm using a power bow, person just keeps running straight at me, dies, "Whaaaaa you bowspam you noob".

Yeah exactly. I mean both sword and bow are weapons, why cry about one? Use it yourself too and basically get good. There are so many ways to deal with
"bowspammers".

Tristayy

Novice Member
Apr 19, 2017
Outer Space
I personally like the new price. I find it great that the punch bow is more of a "late game item" now. Having a bow from the start of the game can be too advantageful in my opinion.

Emmy

Jun 29, 2016
CandyCove
I think the 25 diamonds is good cause now in early game you don't have to worry about about pinged off in the early stages of a game. It makes people more likely to pvp and actually play instead of just pinging other people 5 minutes in. Personally i like the new price and would like it to stay:p:)

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Can't we just remove it already? It takes the pvp out of the pvp base minigane that eggwars is. If I wanted to play super smash bros I would go to my wii or mineplex, I want to actually use my sword to kill some people, instead of a giant stalemate, between 2 people both not being able to cross a bridge. If a team has better armor than me, a pvp fight will be harder, but if someone has a punch bow, they can sit on a diamond generator until they have all the stuff in the world, i am salty that people camp and bow spamming with it, but the thing that makes me extra mad is when people can farm, which is worse than campers imo, let's say me and someone else get 32 diamonds from mid each, I who want to kill some people and speed up the game gets full iron and sword, however if the other guy gets a punch bow and turns on his gen lvl 1abd breaks their bridge, I can do 1 of 2 things, safebridge to them taking forever giving them enough time to get a level 3 generator and all the gold and diamonds in the world, or I can save for an enderpearl, which takes the same amount of time, leaving him able to get gear again. It pisses me off when I see leather people with punch bows, I know that no matter what I do, they will be equal gear as me in a bit, and I can't do anything about it. Can we please remove the punch bow? HScrozzy is gonna say shoot an arrow to chug a gap, W tap them Place a TNT, a punch bow is not necessary for such a little task. Also for the execuse that it is necessary for op mode... just buy Wii and play super smash bros, same dam thing. No one ever dies, and the only way to kill people is by knocking them out of the map. Come back to eggwars when you realize that eggwars is a PVP based minigame. Just imagine if everyone that plays eggwars was at least decent at pvp, boy would this be a better place. On hypixels bed wars, even though you can buy a bow sitting at your home island, bows are rare, why you may ask? Bows aren't broken there, it is 1.8 pvp and the armor is weaker. In other words, the bow isn't very effective there, arrows are cheap af on eggs and golden apples are plentiful, this means people take longer to kill and bows are just as effective. Enough of that tangent. The punch bow doesn't fit eggs. How interesting is it when I can litteraly just shoot someone with a bow and they are dead? Strafing someone, knowing when to eat an apple, shoving on extra armor at the right time, all are much more interesting than setting up a bow trap, I find bridge combat some of the most intense things in eggwars, the riskiness of any moment being hit off, the punch bow ruins this. @Gainfullterror Please rebuttal this xD

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Can't we just remove it already? It takes the pvp out of the pvp base minigane that eggwars is. If I wanted to play super smash bros I would go to my wii or mineplex, I want to actually use my sword to kill some people, instead of a giant stalemate, between 2 people both not being able to cross a bridge. If a team has better armor than me, a pvp fight will be harder, but if someone has a punch bow, they can sit on a diamond generator until they have all the stuff in the world, i am salty that people camp and bow spamming with it, but the thing that makes me extra mad is when people can farm, which is worse than campers imo, let's say me and someone else get 32 diamonds from mid each, I who want to kill some people and speed up the game gets full iron and sword, however if the other guy gets a punch bow and turns on his gen lvl 1abd breaks their bridge, I can do 1 of 2 things, safebridge to them taking forever giving them enough time to get a level 3 generator and all the gold and diamonds in the world, or I can save for an enderpearl, which takes the same amount of time, leaving him able to get gear again. It pisses me off when I see leather people with punch bows, I know that no matter what I do, they will be equal gear as me in a bit, and I can't do anything about it. Can we please remove the punch bow? HScrozzy is gonna say shoot an arrow to chug a gap, W tap them Place a TNT, a punch bow is not necessary for such a little task. Also for the execuse that it is necessary for op mode... just buy Wii and play super smash bros, same dam thing. No one ever dies, and the only way to kill people is by knocking them out of the map. Come back to eggwars when you realize that eggwars is a PVP based minigame. Just imagine if everyone that plays eggwars was at least decent at pvp, boy would this be a better place. On hypixels bed wars, even though you can buy a bow sitting at your home island, bows are rare, why you may ask? Bows aren't broken there, it is 1.8 pvp and the armor is weaker. In other words, the bow isn't very effective there, arrows are cheap af on eggs and golden apples are plentiful, this means people take longer to kill and bows are just as effective. Enough of that tangent. The punch bow doesn't fit eggs. How interesting is it when I can litteraly just shoot someone with a bow and they are dead? Strafing someone, knowing when to eat an apple, shoving on extra armor at the right time, all are much more interesting than setting up a bow trap, I find bridge combat some of the most intense things in eggwars, the riskiness of any moment being hit off, the punch bow ruins this. @Gainfullterror Please rebuttal this xD
Most of your points are correct, however I don't necessarily want them to remove this item.
Although I dislike it a lot at certain points of the game, it makes Eggwars what it is & makes it much more of a process to win a game. I don't really want to be able to just walk around the map and break every egg since people won't be able to shoot me off, as it'd just be too easy & too straight forward.
The punch bow adds so much more to the strategy aspect of eggwars, and removing it would make the gameplay very basic & unenjoyable after a while. As someone who used to prioritize a bow over anything else previous update, I have to say: The punch bow has been my only chance at winning a fight where I was outnumbered/outgeared, and I don't regret having it. It makes Eggwars less of a "better gear = bigger chance of winning" scenario, meaning that you HAVE to be careful even if you think you have the advantage. Anything can happen.

As soon as they manage to camp their base with a punch bow & a diamond gen, I'd say that you just ignore them until they actually become a threat. It's not like you'll be able to take them out at that time, so you may as well focus on eliminating other possible threats.
Removing it isn't the way to improve eggwars in my opinion. Lots of people would hate it (people who probably have never even heard of the forums)

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
China called, said something about great wall. Trump called too, said you should put this monstrosity on the border.

Also, salt is selling for over $1 a pound, you're set to make a fortune. You'd never have to work a day in your life.

Okay now time to be more serious. It doesn't take the pvp out of eggwars at all, unless all you do is sit on the enges of islands until someone shoots you off. The void is part of the game, if you really prefer PvP without getting shot off the edge, there's a gametype on cubecraft for that. The whole point of the punch bow is that it means you can't run around thoughtlessly without the threat of being shot off. Not to mention the punch bow has counters, shields or running sideways. Just because you don't know how to counter it doesn't mean it breaks the game. I rarely get killed by punch bows (Unless I'm just naked rushing a team to keep them distracted, but I'm basically suicide running at them at that point) because I don't just run right at people and hope for the best. Carry a shield and be aware, and punch bows become a minor annoyance instead of some super weapon.

The reason bows are rare on bedwars on hypixel is because knockback II sticks are cheap. Another reason is that the game has a maximum time and a faster overall pace, but getting emeralds takes time unless you go mid. It isn't that players don't want a punch bow on bedwars, it's because they get killed before they can afford one, and a knockback stick which works just as well is available for much cheaper.

Also eggwars isn't just about pvp. If you want pure PvP, play PvP, or play UHC. If you don't like the concept of shooting/knocking/etc people off the edge, then why are you playing eggwars to begin with? And bridge combat? It's almost the same as a punch bow, it's all just abount angles and who falls off first. The punchbow doesn't ruin the game, it just ruins your "do not think, run at them, swing sword" strategy.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains

Remove bow?

There are only two kind of weapons in Minecraft (yeah, yeah you got axes and swords but they are the same). Taking bows away would be a terrible shame.

You want to actually pvp? You know pvp doesn't stand for fighting with swords, it means player versus player. Both sword and fight fall within that.

You can indeed shoot a bow and someone is dead, so can you hit someone of with your sword and it's over for them. Or do you wait for them to get to a safe place?

I honestly don't see bowspammer or something like that that often. Sure you have campers, but they added enderpearls in normal to so... fixed? And if someone is within like 20 blocks with you and just spamming arrows you can easily deal with those. It's honestly a bit sad to expect that a whole chunk of the game gets taken out, because you can't handle it.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Remove bow?

There are only two kind of weapons in Minecraft (yeah, yeah you got axes and swords but they are the same). Taking bows away would be a terrible shame.

You want to actually pvp? You know pvp doesn't stand for fighting with swords, it means player versus player. Both sword and fight fall within that.

You can indeed shoot a bow and someone is dead, so can you hit someone of with your sword and it's over for them. Or do you wait for them to get to a safe place?

I honestly don't see bowspammer or something like that that often. Sure you have campers, but they added enderpearls in normal to so... fixed? And if someone is within like 20 blocks with you and just spamming arrows you can easily deal with those. It's honestly a bit sad to expect that a whole chunk of the game gets taken out, because you can't handle it.
What's even sadder is there's a game that offers the gameplay he wants, but instead of playing it he wants to whine about eggwars.

Reactions: LeCastel
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Hiiii xSchulzis! :D
UncleSpect wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on WolfX's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Top Bottom