Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
@Neeeeeeeeeeko Someone didn't like your title, and decided to lock the entire thread.. here's a re-post, because it's still a solid suggestion.
Thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/dis-is-not-da-wae.203186

sdX40qb.jpg

Last edited:

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
Making your suggestion a meme is not the correct way to handle a suggestion. Arguing against having a curated list of reasonable suggestions doesn't particularly strike me as being that useful in any case. If you don't think the curated list is useful, don't look at it. Problem solved. It certainly doesn't warrant 2 threads.

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
This is not the way. Seriously. As skifby said please don't lock it. At least let other members have their opinion.

Clacks

Nov 30, 2016
Qatar
Making your suggestion a meme is not the correct way to handle a suggestion. Arguing against having a curated list of reasonable suggestions doesn't particularly strike me as being that useful in any case. If you don't think the curated list is useful, don't look at it. Problem solved. It certainly doesn't warrant 2 threads.
Wow, I'm surprised. Managements can actually read suggestions. Lets hope for some changes now, ay?

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
Judging a thread by it's title alone without taking the actual contents in consideration is indeed not the way to handle suggestions. Even if the title isn't very serious or appealing to you then just please don't lock it right away and call it a "meme dump". It clearly wasn't.

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
Don’t judge a book by it’s cover @Quetzi

The meme was a reference to how it was not the way to deal with suggestions. It’s an improvement from my previous title of “But why..?”.
If you fail to appreciate the fact that i took time to create that suggestion, then Cubecraft really is going to the dumps.

I really hope people like @johncoles, @Tacosbefriends or @rubik_cube_man realise how badly this is affecting your community. Cubecraft used to be a place to share a joke with others and now it has come to this...
I really miss the old CCG.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
-a post that is not about what quetzi said above-

Anyways, different subforums for suggestions to be reviewed, are in review, etc. doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.
From what I've seen, the goal of the suggestion compilation thread was mainly to get a refresher of the previous suggestions which have a lot of potential. It may be that Cube had been pushing suggestions irrelevant to their updates in progress aside, so the suggestion compilation was a pretty good way to handle the situation. It's a good way to get all of the good suggestions in a nice list, along with the results of all of the opinions already there to be considered.
Of course, the compilation thread wasn't the only option here. Having the suggestion subforums would've easily done this as well. When the current suggestion compilation thread is going to be locked, it'll be a smart move to make these subforums in advance instead of starting another compilation thread in the future. It'll save everyone tons of time, and it'll be as effective, if not, more effective than the compilation threads themselves. Consider it!

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
I don't really agree with this idea; it's essentially making promises to our community that we sometimes can't keep. I recall Mac promising Skyblock by the end of 2016. It is now 2018. Simply put, we don't tell the community when things are planned for release because things go awry and we end up disappointing everyone. Adding this accepted suggestion sub-forum would just increase the number of potential promises to the community that we can't keep.

Developing for a server this size is pretty tough, and a lot of times, things have to be scrapped, altered, or left out until a later release. We don't want someone to suggest a skywars gamemode, have Cam or Hubert approve it, then 2 months later when we have a skywars update, discover that this gamemode is impossible to implement. We learned our lesson from promising things to the community; we don't write checks we can't cash anymore.

For a small bit of insight, the two mystery armor stands in the lobby were my ideas. They were meant to be released alongside the new lobby, but due to some very minor issues, typos, and managerial stuff, we pushed the release back to the 18th. I'm an adult (shocking, I know) so I can understand when things don't work exactly as planned; the world isn't perfect and neither are we. I'm not too bothered that the release was pushed back a week. If we promised players something on a specific day and didn't give it to them on that exact day though, that makes us look bad. We don't want to look bad. We want to give our players things that they want, but we don't want to tie ourselves down to a promise that we can't with 100% certainty keep.

Now, I wouldn't be against having this sub-forum if we moved the threads there AFTER the suggestion was implemented. We do take suggestions from the community with every update; we just don't normally publicize it. I have no problem with giving credit where it's due, and as someone who's made multiple suggestions that have been implemented (cubelets, leveling system, like an entire page of hats, several duels kits, hourglass, snowman survival, next week's release, and more!) I would absolutely love for people to get recognized for their contributions to the server. Again, AFTER we know our devs can do it and AFTER the idea is implemented.

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
Reply to @Tacosbefriends,

I have to agree with the points here, giving our release dates has been terrible in the past - and so did making promises.
The main issue in my opinion is that the way suggestions are being handled is very chaotic. As said above, there are around 660 pages of suggestions, and everyone wants their suggestion to get added.
Youn made a post to 'find the gems', and that's good - but the community feels like that's an act to pretend like you listen to the community.
It also just selects like 1% of the 'gems' that are actually out there.

Of course 3/4 of the suggestions are crap, no information, already suggested before, ect ect. But the other 25% is worth looking at.. and those are in that big forums sections between the rest. I know for a fact that no one will ever look at the suggestions I made for SG and PvP 1,5 years ago. However, those suggestions are still relevant.

Suggestions should get sorted in a way that shows that CubeCraft is interested in the idea - in a public way. I don't need a confirmation that my idea is getting added, I would just like that the team will at least SEE my idea next time they are working on the gamemode I suggested it for. And I feel like a lot of other people think the same about this.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
We do take suggestions from the community with every update; we just don't normally publicize it.
That’s the issue. We don’t have a clue if our suggestion is getting looked at, and if it is added we don’t know if it is ours or not. Cube just keeps everything a secret, and that’s really a massive issue. If you guys made things more public people would actually have a clue.

Actually replying to threads would be a big help. Especially from the Management team. Things like “We are looking into your suggestion”, or ask more questions about it. As of now they “pay attention” to them, but we don’t know that for sure.

In a nutshell, there needs to be more clarification between the staff team and the community. We really don’t have a clue what Cube is actually doing with these suggestions. They say they look at it, but we have no way of knowing if that is really true or not.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
That’s the issue. We don’t have a clue if our suggestion is getting looked at, and if it is added we don’t know if it is ours or not. Cube just keeps everything a secret, and that’s really a massive issue. If you guys made things more public people would actually have a clue.

Actually replying to threads would be a big help. Especially from the Management team. Things like “We are looking into your suggestion”, or ask more questions about it. As of now they “pay attention” to them, but we don’t know that for sure.

In a nutshell, there needs to be more clarification between the staff team and the community. We really don’t have a clue what Cube is actually doing with these suggestions. They say they look at it, but we have no way of knowing if that is really true or not.
A lot of moderators go through all of the suggestions, but they get tired of it at some point as well when there's no progress from the management team. Moderators forward loads of suggestions, expand on ones or create their own, but after a while they start getting the feeling like it's pointless. The suggestions being forwarded get barely any responses from the management, and when you contact someone like John about something you will either get a response a couple of weeks later or no response at all. But hey, there's a counter argument moderators get when they start to complain about something like this. It's usually something like "We're not hypixel with 50+ admins, so we can't bring out as many updates as them." <--- Good argument. And of course we don't have the manpower like Hypixel, but instead of adding a proper suggestion that everyone would love they prioritize something like death messages! I have never really publicly said anything bad about CubeCraft when I was a staff member, but maybe showing their true colors to the public will bring some changes to the system.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Serious suggestions deserve serious titles. If you make your title a meme, I won't read the contents. Simple.
Ok, fine. Just don't lock it then.
I agree with both of these. Now if the title had a lot of swear words in it, then locking it is fine with a message "Please re-post this with an appropriate title" or something like that?

Reactions: skifby
Members Online

Latest profile posts

I just logged on and just saw all these messages, sorry for not seeing them earlier, Tysm guys!
Screenshot 2024-04-27 012708.png

what-? I won 1st place but then got 2nd place...?
GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
Top Bottom