Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Simply saying things like “Would you guys be interested in a (insert game here) gamemode? It would work something like this...”. It might spoil the surprise we get during updates, but atleast they can assure that the community gets what they want. I don’t think that adding updates and gamemodes is really a good idea without community input.
I gotta say, I do like the idea of having more input from the community when we're working on certain projects. Perhaps for games that already exist, we could do some community outreach in the form of polls and questionnaires rather than relying solely on suggestion threads and the number of likes they get. Obviously we can't reveal what new things we're working on, since we're in competition with other servers and they certainly enjoy stealing our ideas, but for games that are already out, I see little harm in letting the community in on some small things. I'll see what the rest of management thinks of this.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
I gotta say, I do like the idea of having more input from the community when we're working on certain projects. Perhaps for games that already exist, we could do some community outreach in the form of polls and questionnaires rather than relying solely on suggestion threads and the number of likes they get. Obviously we can't reveal what new things we're working on, since we're in competition with other servers and they certainly enjoy stealing our ideas, but for games that are already out, I see little harm in letting the community in on some small things. I'll see what the rest of management thinks of this.

Just to clarify my post, we would not be telling the community when we're working on/releasing updates. As previously stated, we don't hide things because we like hiding things; we'd love to be as open as possible. I want so badly to show you guys the projects we're working on so that you can all be as excited as I am for their eventual release. The issue is that other servers can use this info against us. This is a common problem you'll encounter in any business called industrial espionage.

Imagine Apple's gonna make a new device that 3D prints ice cream. That's awesome. Everyone'll buy it. It'll take 2 years to make it. Microsoft catches wind of this and says "Hey, we can make a device that prints ice cream AND cookies, and we can make it in only 14 months." Microsoft releases their device first, Apple gets screwed and has to eat a huge loss when they release their device 9 months later.

Same can happen to us. We can say "Hey guys, we're updating Eggwars in a month. We took your feedback and there'll be a new game mode where you ride polar bears and throw fish at each other." A copycat server can quickly slap this same thing together for their version of Eggwars a week before us, taking players away from us and cheapening our release. It might seem like a small issue to the average player, but you have to remember that Cubecraft is a business, and players are our consumers. If another server does what we're doing before us, even if it's worse quality, it hurts the server.

That said, we can still poll public interest and opinions in our games and try our best to please you all. We just really can't let every person online know what we're doing at all times.

Tinashe

Jan 17, 2018
Imagine Apple's gonna make a new device that 3D prints ice cream. That's awesome. Everyone'll buy it. It'll take 2 years to make it. Microsoft catches wind of this and says "Hey, we can make a device that prints ice cream AND cookies, and we can make it in only 14 months." Microsoft releases their device first, Apple gets screwed and has to eat a huge loss when they release their device 9 months later.

That example makes no sense at all, look at one of your own games, Eggwars, it got released almost years before Hyp*^#$’ bedwars and yet bedwars is ten times as popular. It does not matter who releases what first, what does matter is who listens and communicates to their community the most, and there is no way you can deny that bedwars has not been shaped by that server’s community, take an example of that if you’d like your server to succeed.. You guys keep giving us suprises, which, suprisingly, we don’t like because you guys never communicate and ask us for our opinions.

Freebuild, UHC, Blockband, so many times you guys have not asked us for our opinions during the entire development of certain games and now you can see the results of it, those games got developed by real people who got paid real money and end up getting played by 0,1% of the community. I’m sorry to say but this server is going in a certain motion and that motion is downhill whether you’d like it or not. I hope this illustrates my arguments well enough for you guys to take this criticism and do something with it..

Last edited:

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
bedwars is ten times as popular.
It's on a server with ten times the players as us. Scaled to the size of the server population, Eggwars is a lot more popular. I'm sure there's small servers out there that do Eggwars as well or better than us, but no one knows about them because they're not big servers. They're basically the same game.

Reactions: Lilleh__

Tinashe

Jan 17, 2018
It's on a server with ten times the players as us. Scaled to the size of the server population, Eggwars is a lot more popular. I'm sure there's small servers out there that do Eggwars as well or better than us, but no one knows about them because they're not big servers. They're basically the same game.

You know that during peak hours during beta testing of bedwars the playercount of bedwars only peaked at around 10k right? During that period of time that was good for around 25 - 30% of their online playerbase at that time. Also, Cubecraft and Hyp&€;@ used to be from the same scale, until they decided to actually communicate with their playerbase, that is where they started skyrocketing to the point where our playerbase almost looked like a joke compared to theirs.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Now, instead of comparing Bedwars to Eggwars, lets compare it to the entire server.

21qwje.jpg

'nuff said

Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ge1ster's profile.
Cool 🐧
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
You are the coolest polar bear I know:D
Eli
Woo, 7,000 reaction score!!
HyperPal wrote on Ge1ster's profile.
Noot
Top Bottom