Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
I don't really agree with this idea; it's essentially making promises to our community that we sometimes can't keep. I recall Mac promising Skyblock by the end of 2016. It is now 2018. Simply put, we don't tell the community when things are planned for release because things go awry and we end up disappointing everyone. Adding this accepted suggestion sub-forum would just increase the number of potential promises to the community that we can't keep.

Developing for a server this size is pretty tough, and a lot of times, things have to be scrapped, altered, or left out until a later release. We don't want someone to suggest a skywars gamemode, have Cam or Hubert approve it, then 2 months later when we have a skywars update, discover that this gamemode is impossible to implement. We learned our lesson from promising things to the community; we don't write checks we can't cash anymore.

For a small bit of insight, the two mystery armor stands in the lobby were my ideas. They were meant to be released alongside the new lobby, but due to some very minor issues, typos, and managerial stuff, we pushed the release back to the 18th. I'm an adult (shocking, I know) so I can understand when things don't work exactly as planned; the world isn't perfect and neither are we. I'm not too bothered that the release was pushed back a week. If we promised players something on a specific day and didn't give it to them on that exact day though, that makes us look bad. We don't want to look bad. We want to give our players things that they want, but we don't want to tie ourselves down to a promise that we can't with 100% certainty keep.

Now, I wouldn't be against having this sub-forum if we moved the threads there AFTER the suggestion was implemented. We do take suggestions from the community with every update; we just don't normally publicize it. I have no problem with giving credit where it's due, and as someone who's made multiple suggestions that have been implemented (cubelets, leveling system, like an entire page of hats, several duels kits, hourglass, snowman survival, next week's release, and more!) I would absolutely love for people to get recognized for their contributions to the server. Again, AFTER we know our devs can do it and AFTER the idea is implemented.

I really appreciate the feedback greatly.
You actually read the thread and gave a valid comment based on it.
So, a great thank you to you. :)

I mean the idea of a ‘Pending Suggestions’ forum (or something like that) can be removed. However, I stll think an ‘Accepted suggestions’ / ‘Denied suggestions’ forum is quite a neat idea.

D

Deleted member 169486

Making your suggestion a meme is not the correct way to handle a suggestion
"Make Cubecraft Great Again" "Make the anti-cheat great again"

Arguing against having a curated list of reasonable suggestions doesn't particularly strike me as being that useful in any case.
I think what he was trying to say was it's going to turn into the whole suggestion forum. The only issue with it being a thread over a whole forum, is you will have people replying to the suggestions in the thread, and it will turn into a mess with messages going every which way. When it's threads, all the idea on that one suggestion are contained into that one thread, making it easier to read and understand.

It certainly doesn't warrant 2 threads.
You locked the last one. A second thread wouldn't be needed had you not.

Serious suggestions deserve serious titles. If you make your title a meme, I won't read the contents. Simple.
Yet you went and locked the thread, but leave all the one's titled "Make Cubecraft Great Again" "Make the anti-cheat great again"?

Wow, I'm surprised. Managements can actually read suggestions. Lets hope for some changes now, ay?
Step one, listen to players.

then Cubecraft really is going to the dumps.
It's been going for a while, everyone can see that.

I don't really agree with this idea; it's essentially making promises to our community that we sometimes can't keep.
But here's the thing, as I said in the old thread.You look at the suggestions and say "This would be good" and tell the developers to start working on it, right? And it takes the dev's a while to make it happen right? Then why can't you make a thread of "Work In Progress Suggestions" and list all the things that are being worked on? This would show that suggestions are A) getting recognized and worked on and B) eliminate all the threads created on one thing and all the arguing between people on stuff getting added (emerald generators).

Simply put, we don't tell the community when things are planned for release because things go awry and we end up disappointing everyone. Adding this accepted suggestion sub-forum would just increase the number of potential promises to the community that we can't keep.
If something ends up not working, make a post in "Other News" saying "Hey, We tried to make XXXXXXX happen, but it just didn't work, Sorry". That would show that you are trying to give us what we want, and I think that would be less disappointing then never seeing anything we suggest get added, and never finding out why.

We don't want to look bad.
I think we both know we're past that point.

and those are in that big forums sections between the rest. I know for a fact that no one will ever look at the suggestions I made for SG and PvP 1,5 years ago. However, those suggestions are still relevant.
And then it gets lost in the crap suggestions, someone replys three weeks later, and it's locked because it's necro-posting. Then it's never seen again because no one wants to go type it again, or make the thread.

A lot of moderators go through all of the suggestions, but they get tired of it at some point as well when there's no progress from the management team.
This makes it seem like there is as little contact between mods and the management as the players and management, which personally seems like a big issue, because I'm not quite sure how management is going to keep there jobs if all the players leave.

but instead of adding a proper suggestion that everyone would love they prioritize something like death messages!
Working on something like that would be fine if they said "Hey, here's a little side project if you need a small break from the big one" but it's like they have all the dev's working on it, and we won't know if that's true or not because we have no idea what happens behind the scenes.

I have never really publicly said anything bad about CubeCraft when I was a staff member, but maybe showing their true colors to the public will bring some changes to the system.
I believe the last staff member that tried that was banned for leaking information... https://appeals.cubecraft.net/find_appeals/FadedRoses

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Nineteen people agreed with the contents of the thread in a single weekend. Regardless of the title's tone, it deserved a response, because clearly its contents resonated greatly with the community. Locking it for a poor-quality title was just wrong, hence the ten likes on this thread which is literally just a screenshot of the original.
upload_2018-1-15_23-54-52.png

I appreciate that management are trying to improve on the communication side of things, but this just seems like a desperate attempt to save face, by latching onto a silly excuse to get the thread locked without a legitimate response.

Edit: Keep in mind the original thread was created by a user who has had to deal with the recent communication frustrations personally, yet remained respectful and mature throughout the entire post. I might be mistaken, but they seemed genuine in their efforts to improve the server, yet were responded to with the forums equivalent of a slap in the face. The title simply helped to attract readers, considering the stupid meme it references is very popular right now. Though, memes aside, the title isn't even wrong; the thread voices a disagreement, as the title actually implies.

I don't really agree with this idea; it's essentially making promises to our community that we sometimes can't keep. I recall Mac promising Skyblock by the end of 2016. It is now 2018. Simply put, we don't tell the community when things are planned for release because things go awry and we end up disappointing everyone. Adding this accepted suggestion sub-forum would just increase the number of potential promises to the community that we can't keep.

Developing for a server this size is pretty tough, and a lot of times, things have to be scrapped, altered, or left out until a later release. We don't want someone to suggest a skywars gamemode, have Cam or Hubert approve it, then 2 months later when we have a skywars update, discover that this gamemode is impossible to implement. We learned our lesson from promising things to the community; we don't write checks we can't cash anymore.

For a small bit of insight, the two mystery armor stands in the lobby were my ideas. They were meant to be released alongside the new lobby, but due to some very minor issues, typos, and managerial stuff, we pushed the release back to the 18th. I'm an adult (shocking, I know) so I can understand when things don't work exactly as planned; the world isn't perfect and neither are we. I'm not too bothered that the release was pushed back a week. If we promised players something on a specific day and didn't give it to them on that exact day though, that makes us look bad. We don't want to look bad. We want to give our players things that they want, but we don't want to tie ourselves down to a promise that we can't with 100% certainty keep.

Now, I wouldn't be against having this sub-forum if we moved the threads there AFTER the suggestion was implemented. We do take suggestions from the community with every update; we just don't normally publicize it. I have no problem with giving credit where it's due, and as someone who's made multiple suggestions that have been implemented (cubelets, leveling system, like an entire page of hats, several duels kits, hourglass, snowman survival, next week's release, and more!) I would absolutely love for people to get recognized for their contributions to the server. Again, AFTER we know our devs can do it and AFTER the idea is implemented.
This is the response we should've gotten from the beginning, rather than essentially "title references a popular meme and therefore has absolutely no value". Thank you for taking the time to write out this high-quality response. By the way, I really like the idea of adding a sub-forum for suggestions that actually inspired future updates :)
(Unrelated, but could you credit me for making the cow & mooshroom duel please? It's an Insane Duel if I recall correctly. IGN: Divine_Demeter. Thnx :) )

Now here's a related suggestion about suggestions: Why not host a competition twice a year, where players are able to vote from a bunch of community-proposed suggestions that have been handpicked by staff? The suggestions chosen by staff are to be selected based on plausibility and feedback given on the original thread, and the most popular, as decided by the community, will be implemented in a future update. This would resolve a lot of the frustrations that players have regarding their voices going unheard. You'd be assured that the players are getting what they want, and updates don't necessarily have to be complicated to develop, either (as I said, staff will handpick the suggestions that players will vote for, so anything implausible can be factored out before the voting process even begins). Call the program 'Cubecraft Community' or something, and perhaps host it in the summer and winter holidays. Thoughts on this idea?

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I've seen management like my thread once, not a comment with "Thank you for taking the time to write this." Or a comment where he gave his opinion on my ideas. Just a like. I don't even know of he actually read the whole thing. "Oh, this is a pretty long suggestion, I'll just like it, I'm pretty sure it's good...... Alright that's enough community for this week."

Also, we can't make the titles of our suggestions a meme? Why? It's not like you guys didn't make the whole suggestions a meme.

And it's more than fair to give people credit for suggestions they made.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
We want to give our players things that they want
The players wanted Blockband?
The players wanted Non-Vanilla worlds in UHC?
The players wanted a party chat filter? (oh wait thats so management can get more cash)

Make. Things. More. Public.

Simply saying things like “Would you guys be interested in a (insert game here) gamemode? It would work something like this...”. It might spoil the surprise we get during updates, but atleast they can assure that the community gets what they want. I don’t think that adding updates and gamemodes is really a good idea without community input.

For updates, they could say “Would you guys like if we added this feature to Minerware? How about these microgames? Here’s how it would work...” Simple things like that and BOOM! You have the community on track with what you are planning to do. If the community disagrees, then they can scrap the idea and start brainstorming others. Or better yet, look in the suggestions section and look at what the community wants implemented. And since they don’t want to let people down by not reaching a deadline, they could say “We aren’t sure when this will be implemented, but we will keep you updated on what we think is going to happen.”

2 paragraphs:
One asking if the community would like the idea, and giving a general overview on what it would be like.

The other would be giving an estimated release time, or saying they will keep us updated on the status of the feature. (This paragraph would only be for ideas that make the cut).

BOOM. The community is on board on what you are planning to do.

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
“Would you guys be interested in a (insert game here) gamemode? It would work something like this...”. It might spoil the surprise we get during updates, but atleast they can assure that the community gets what they want.
This one line would change a lot. If 95% says 'no' it's most likely going to be blockband 2.0. If the opinions are split try to find what people like and dislike and work from there. Improve the idea before it's going in development and there's no way back.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
It would be very nice to have intended changes become more public but instead of always asking the forums what should be added I think that suggestions with enough forums support should have an in game poll to vote on (like I believe Hypixel has).

When I look at most of the newer updates it looks like the management is trying to implement more and more suggestions. The last skywars, PvP, Eggwars, and UHC updates were mostly suggestions from the forums. Since the group of people who use the forums are pretty different from the people who typically play a paticalar gamemode religously or just the average Cubecraft player these updates are always very popular. The eggwars update caused many players to move to other servers as thry didn't like certain features like removing spawn protection after hitting someone or the respawn timer. Many people complained about the skywars kit rebalancing and most of the players who spend much of their time on FFA did not like the new PvP update. The forums makes a lot of suggestions that appeal to other people on the forums but not necessarily to the players in-game.

A simple, in-game poll asking players if they believe a few general things about the game should be changed and/or a poll after an update implemented to see what broad features players like and dislike about the new update would be nice.

For example with FFA you could ask broad questions about which kits should get buffed or nerfed would be really cool.

I might expand upon this and make a full suggestion about it later when I have more ideas down. :)

The players wanted Blockband?
The players wanted Non-Vanilla worlds in UHC?
The players wanted a party chat filter? (oh wait thats so management can get more cash)

Make. Things. More. Public.

Simply saying things like “Would you guys be interested in a (insert game here) gamemode? It would work something like this...”. It might spoil the surprise we get during updates, but atleast they can assure that the community gets what they want. I don’t think that adding updates and gamemodes is really a good idea without community input.

For updates, they could say “Would you guys like if we added this feature to Minerware? How about these microgames? Here’s how it would work...” Simple things like that and BOOM! You have the community on track with what you are planning to do. If the community disagrees, then they can scrap the idea and start brainstorming others. Or better yet, look in the suggestions section and look at what the community wants implemented. And since they don’t want to let people down by not reaching a deadline, they could say “We aren’t sure when this will be implemented, but we will keep you updated on what we think is going to happen.”

2 paragraphs:
One asking if the community would like the idea, and giving a general overview on what it would be like.

The other would be giving an estimated release time, or saying they will keep us updated on the status of the feature. (This paragraph would only be for ideas that make the cut).

BOOM. The community is on board on what you are planning to do.

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
A simple, in-game poll asking players if they believe a few general things about the game should be changed and/or a poll after an update implemented to see what broad features players like and dislike about the new update would be nice.
We have suggested this multiple times in the past, but it always came down to that it's a lot of work and that there are more important things.
Strange reasoning in my opinion, as your goal is to satisfy the people on the server. This would pretty much make communication between you and the entire server available.
One thing I did think about it an online voting page (might've suggested this as well, not sure), where you don't have to register or anything. The links get send out on the server, and you are able to vote.
Perhaps some people don't want to open a link, or think it's too much effort. But web development is usually 10 times faster than in-game development.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on Muffin's profile.
Happy birthday muffin! 🧁 🎉
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Muffin's profile.
Happy birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #58-
A group of flamingos is called a "flamboyance."
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on mysticil's profile.
Welcome to the forums I hope you will enjoy your stay here!:D
Cool reaction score:
IMG_5407.jpeg

Thanks @TheOrderOfSapphire for being my 3333rd lol
Top Bottom