Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 5, 2021
So uh you guys should keep 1.16 support in bedrock
Heres the reason why :
People in a potato mobile phone (1-2 gb ram) gets 2 fps in 1.17 I've tried it myself in 5 chunk render distance -_-
And none of the featured servers (except cubecraft) has 1.16 support
SO THIS WILL PROBABLY GIVE YOU GUYS A THOUSAND MORE PLAYERS?

D

Deleted member 486292

100%

Render dragon has proved to net absolutely 0 benefit in virtually all circumstances. It's estimated that only 8% of windows 10 players have a ray tracing capable GPU, and of those who do, its probable that they arent even using ray tracing due to how buggy, underperformant, and unstable it is. PC players, including myself, get the short end of the stick; low FPS and no benefits reaped (lets not forget that the new rendering engine was advertised as faster than dx11, which has been proven to be untrue). Mobile players, such as the author of this suggestion, still have to cope with poor performance of later versions, but just due to generally poor optimizations of 1.16.100+ (without render dragon). Mobile players have it the worst here, if youre a PC player and dont have atrocious input lag, consider yourself lucky.

The bedrock community is in a really tough spot right now. We have no optifine, bedrock is not easily reverse-engineerable, and featured servers are starting to drop support for early 1.16 (versions that have no glaring performance problems/bugs). The community seems to agree that 1.16.40 is the sweet spot (some will tell you its 1.16.100 but thats simply not true). All in all, the community (for the most part) has no way of doing anything about recent problems with new versions except to downgrade. Currently, downgrading has sufficed for me and many others, but now its up to the servers themselves to allow us to enjoy (or even be able to run) the game in our preferred versions.

I sincerely hope cubecraft can empathize with our struggles with later versions and understand that for some its simply unplayable. Until then, Ill always be playing on 1.16.40.

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
Heres the reason why :
People in a potato mobile phone (1-2 gb ram) gets 2 fps in 1.17 I've tried it myself in 5 chunk render distance -_-
Are you one of those phone players? If so, what device are you using?

Meme Bean8608

Novice Member
Heres the reason why :
Cubecraft is currently in 1.12.2, the most stable version of any version that moment has released. Updating to 1.16 will also bring everything from 1.13+ as well and 1.13 has never been stable. So, as of currently anyways, if your lagging in 1.12.2 you will be lagging much worse if it was to update to 1.16 (plus it only recently updated to 1.12.2 and that took them a long time to do, doing a 4 version jump will take even longer)

D

Deleted member 486292

Cubecraft is currently in 1.12.2, the most stable version of any version that moment has released. Updating to 1.16 will also bring everything from 1.13+ as well and 1.13 has never been stable. So, as of currently anyways, if your lagging in 1.12.2 you will be lagging much worse if it was to update to 1.16 (plus it only recently updated to 1.12.2 and that took them a long time to do, doing a 4 version jump will take even longer)
You (and apparently a lot of other people) seem to be confusing bedrock and java versions, and most of what you said doesnt really make sense. Not to mention, this thread is marked as relating to *bedrock*.

Without straying too far off topic, the main difference that is brought about from upgrading the server version from java 1.12.2 to java 1.16 would be the addition of new blocks and items. It has absolutely nothing to do with client performance, assuming the client version remains the same.

The suggestion here is saying to continue to allow support for certain protocol versions of bedrock 1.16 to play on the network. This can even be done if the server version was even older (hypixel is a perfect example).

Meme Bean8608

Novice Member
You (and apparently a lot of other people) seem to be confusing bedrock and java versions, and most of what you said doesnt really make sense. Not to mention, this thread is marked as relating to *bedrock*.

Without straying too far off topic, the main difference that is brought about from upgrading the server version from java 1.12.2 to java 1.16 would be the addition of new blocks and items. It has absolutely nothing to do with client performance, assuming the client version remains the same.

The suggestion here is saying to continue to allow support for certain protocol versions of bedrock 1.16 to play on the network. This can even be done if the server version was even older (hypixel is a perfect example).
No I understood it correctly because client performance is a big issue on both bedrock AND java (given worse in java) and as the cubecraft staff has stated before, it will not be updating anytime soon anyways.

Plus also to upgrade a server to a different version takes a *long* time. Idk how long cc was in 1.9 for but it was that way for a very long time as well.

Also also to add new items and stuff while the current ones are semi-broken (fireworks for example) and not to mention how broken and buggy tridants will be (which plenty of people would suggest to add into sw or ew)

Also you can't exactly use backward versions on bedrock easily, and that's a mojang issue, nothing cubecraft can do about that. The most you can do is not only focus on rd causing lag. I find it that nametags, of all things, is the laggiest thing. Also I think that *if* you can get a 1.16 version, the server will let you join but that's a big *if* you manage to get that as I recall still being able to play on cc in 1.16 when 1.17 came out (was on when it released and I could leave and join the server)

Redned

Protocol Developer
Team CubeCraft
💻 Developer
Apr 24, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello, thank you for taking the time to open a suggestion! After careful consideration and quite a bit of deliberating whether this is a good idea, we've ultimately decided we are not going to be holding onto this version for much longer for a number of reasons.

I would like to preface this with the fact that we've been holding onto this version for quite a bit longer than we typically do when it comes to supporting Minecraft Bedrock versions. 1.16.0/40 came out over a year ago, and we usually don't hold onto versions for more than a few months and after enough players have upgraded off of it. We considered dropping it along with the 1.17 release a couple months ago and other various points in the past, but held on anyway as we saw a good number of people continued to use it for the sake of client performance.

However, we are a year out from this release and as we've held onto it, it's become much more of a challenge supporting it along with the various changes made in the Minecraft Bedrock protocol. The game itself is rapidly expanding - we can do so much more with the game on newer versions than we can with older ones, and we don't want to hold ourselves back forever.

On the other end, this usually comes with the drawback that the game becomes more and more resource intensive with every update. This is essentially the case with any game that is constantly updated. Unfortunately older devices become slowly more incapable of running newer versions as the game progresses. This is not anything new and is the very reason you can't, say, run hardly any modern application on a phone from 8 years ago.

There comes a time when we have to make the difficult decision to drop older versions on Bedrock, and we're at the point now where 1.16.0/40 has served it's purpose and won't be sticking around much longer. We're starting to see some quirks pop up on the network specifically on these older versions and we're wanting to move forward with some of the newer game features available to us which this version is hindering us from right now.

And to address some questions of "but the server is 1.12.2, why do you need to drop any version at all?": the server software itself is built off a server jar similar to what we run on the Java Edition network (which operates over 1.12.2) with tonnes of changes to support various other Bedrock features. The main difference here is that Bedrock versions are so vastly different when it comes to Java Edition. There is so much the Bedrock game has to offer in later versions of the game that we are fully capable of utilizing (and have!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
The return of the Snow Rank

1713448196080.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Desiderata's profile.
💙
Nightmare wrote on linkxniko's profile.
Thanks for the follow!
Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Top Bottom