Redned

Protocol Developer
Team CubeCraft
💻 Developer
Apr 24, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello CubeCrafters 👋

This is an update to this thread regarding our removal of pre-1.16.200 versions. For the past year, we've supported all the way down to 1.16.100, and since then you have been able to join the network from that version onward. However given current circumstances, it's no longer viable for us to continue supporting 1.16 versions.

With this being said, we will be removing support for all 1.16 versions on November 30.

🤔 Why are you dropping the version?

We understand that some people may be upset with this change, however, it is no longer sustainable for us to continue supporting this version any further. We've held onto 1.16 a lot longer than we typically do any version, and initially reversed our removal of 1.16.100 & 1.16.200 due to feedback from the community. But since then, 2 new Bedrock versions have been released with 1.18 coming on the 30th, and the number of people playing on 1.16 versions has dropped dramatically. The more versions we attempt to support back, the worse the playing experience and the more difficult it becomes to maintain them.

Some of you may have noticed some obscure issues popping up on these older versions, such as the inability to break blocks at times or the lobby items being invisible. This is purely due to the nature of these versions becoming more of a technical burden and it not supporting newer systems created on our network due to its age or lack of features. The game itself is rapidly advancing, and we want to move on with it too.

❓Isn't 1.16 still very popular?

1.16 versions actually make up a very tiny number of people on our network.
On Friday, November 19 where we peaked at 23,000 players, only 266 of those were using a 1.16 version. This makes up roughly 1% of our total online players. Looking at 1.16.100 specifically which tends to have a much more vocal demand, our statistics show that within the span of a week, the highest it peaked at is around 25 out of 30,000 overall players. To put it into perspective, this makes up 0.08% of our Bedrock network.

Here is a visualization of the player count on 1.16.100:

visualization.PNG

Green = 1.16.100, Blue = 1.16.101, Yellow = 1.16.100.60
Given these numbers, it doesn't make much sense for us to continue holding back this far considering how few people actually play on this version.

🛑 How can I play on newer versions without as much lag?

We are aware that some people encounter worse performance on newer versions due to the introduction of Render Dragon, or issues such as the "pink glitch". We do, however, have a solution for that!

Following the instructions mentioned in our HelpDesk article here, you can get an x86 build of Minecraft Bedrock which does not use the Render Dragon engine. Keep in mind that you will need to be signed into an Xbox account that owns the game in order for this to work. Using this build should make the game run at a comparable rate as it did on 1.16.100.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, we're happy to answer them! 💙 Thanks for reading!

papyion7093

Jun 26, 2021
Germany, Earth
Pronouns
She/They
It´s no wonder when players stopped using 1.16 since 1.17. Some bugs got fixed... and some not. I see multiple servers now ceasing support for 1.16 and I personally switched day one.

Also, if you wish to use the x86 version,dear Windows players, do me a favor and please backup your words/packs before reinstall!

Wulfiee

Novice Member
Sep 1, 2020
Switched to 1.17.0 after their first attempt at removing 1.16 and didn't have any issues with it tbh, but I think that most of the people who wanted to use 1.16 just couldn't because of the bugs such as not being able to break blocks.

Reactions: BurntCrown8876

BurntCrown8876

Nov 9, 2021
My Cat's Basket
allout.org
Pronouns
He/Him
You can't keep updating these systems forever - I mean, imagine if you still supported the first version?! I'm all for this - except many people will not like this, and I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few players quite CubeCraft because of this.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
People who complain about this need to realize they do not have up to date specs.

They need to realize that their PC only costs $150 and is around 10 years old and are at the minimum specs for the game. (Minimum, not Recommended)

Meaning Bare minimum to run the game, "minimum" does not mean "run smoothly" that's what "recommended" means. And anything above recommended is just longevity to future updates.

BuT I aM uSiNg AmD cPu Its BeTtEr ThaN iNTeL
But it's literally as old as you are sir teenager.

papyion7093

Jun 26, 2021
Germany, Earth
Pronouns
She/They
People who complain about this need to realize they do not have up to date specs.

They need to realize that their PC only costs $150 and is around 10 years old and are at the minimum specs for the game. (Minimum, not Recommended)

Meaning Bare minimum to run the game, "minimum" does not mean "run smoothly" that's what "recommended" means. And anything above recommended is just longevity to future updates.

BuT I aM uSiNg AmD cPu Its BeTtEr ThaN iNTeL
But it's literally as old as you are sir teenager.

Oh gosh, why do I feel like I´m called out here? (For the Record: I´m playing on a refurbished 2011 workstation with an 2nd Gen I3 and no actual graphics card because it was "only intended for school work")

But seriously, they should realize no support is forever. That was also the reason CC dropped 1.8-1.11 support on Java.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Oh gosh, why do I feel like I´m called out here? (For the Record: I´m playing on a refurbished 2011 workstation with an 2nd Gen I3 and no actual graphics card because it was "only intended for school work")

But seriously, they should realize no support is forever. That was also the reason CC dropped 1.8-1.11 support on Java.
Because as a former Xbox player I had no choice to downgrade, so the only choice I had was to buy MC win10 on my GTX1070m, i7 8900. (back around in like 1.14.20 or around January 2020)

A lot of the people who like 1.16 also brag about being better than people who are forced to play on 1.17.41 calling them "bad" because they get less FPS and more input lag than them even if they were on 1.17.41.

And when a Xbox player tells them "I have been like this for 2 years" they respond "Well we are not use to the FPS and Input Lag and you are so it is unfair"

When in reality there is no way to "get good" or better with 20FPS and half a second of input lag...

itsbryan8228

Oct 17, 2021
(speaking for the client community, not me) This isn't a good decision, because the solution given isn't a good one for the client community, like onix client, there is not support for x86 Minecraft in onix client, so you have to choose between better fps or the client, which is not a easy decision to make.

Again, I am speaking for the client community. My game runs not as great as 1.16.100, but still fine enough where I can still play like normal.

SoloWarz

Forum Expert
Sep 18, 2021
Amman, Jordan
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello CubeCrafters 👋

This is an update to this thread regarding our removal of pre-1.16.200 versions. For the past year, we've supported all the way down to 1.16.100, and since then you have been able to join the network from that version onward. However given current circumstances, it's no longer viable for us to continue supporting 1.16 versions.

With this being said, we will be removing support for all 1.16 versions on November 30.

🤔 Why are you dropping the version?

We understand that some people may be upset with this change, however, it is no longer sustainable for us to continue supporting this version any further. We've held onto 1.16 a lot longer than we typically do any version, and initially reversed our removal of 1.16.100 & 1.16.200 due to feedback from the community. But since then, 2 new Bedrock versions have been released with 1.18 coming on the 30th, and the number of people playing on 1.16 versions has dropped dramatically. The more versions we attempt to support back, the worse the playing experience and the more difficult it becomes to maintain them.

Some of you may have noticed some obscure issues popping up on these older versions, such as the inability to break blocks at times or the lobby items being invisible. This is purely due to the nature of these versions becoming more of a technical burden and it not supporting newer systems created on our network due to its age or lack of features. The game itself is rapidly advancing, and we want to move on with it too.

❓Isn't 1.16 still very popular?

1.16 versions actually make up a very tiny number of people on our network.
On Friday, November 19 where we peaked at 23,000 players, only 266 of those were using a 1.16 version. This makes up roughly 1% of our total online players. Looking at 1.16.100 specifically which tends to have a much more vocal demand, our statistics show that within the span of a week, the highest it peaked at is around 25 out of 30,000 overall players. To put it into perspective, this makes up 0.08% of our Bedrock network.

Here is a visualization of the player count on 1.16.100:

View attachment 203448
Green = 1.16.100, Blue = 1.16.101, Yellow = 1.16.100.60
Given these numbers, it doesn't make much sense for us to continue holding back this far considering how few people actually play on this version.

🛑 How can I play on newer versions without as much lag?

We are aware that some people encounter worse performance on newer versions due to the introduction of Render Dragon, or issues such as the "pink glitch". We do, however, have a solution for that!

Following the instructions mentioned in our HelpDesk article here, you can get an x86 build of Minecraft Bedrock which does not use the Render Dragon engine. Keep in mind that you will need to be signed into an Xbox account that owns the game in order for this to work. Using this build should make the game run at a comparable rate as it did on 1.16.100.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, we're happy to answer them! 💙 Thanks for reading!
So you’re ending 1.16 support, does that mean we will get the 1.16+ blocks in the maps&lobbies ???

itsbryan8228

Oct 17, 2021
to all the people in the comments against the end of support - do you even update your software?? like, at *all*? i can't imagine playing on an outdated ver of minecraft when i am full aware there's something way newer (and that my laptop is capable of running it)
What????

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
from what i see most people whine about it because they didn't update their game, and i'm like bro why??
Because they are running on 10 year old PC's. When all they have to do is spend like $150 to upgrade the GPU and another $100 for the CPU.

CPU's:(choose 1) Ryzen3(3200G), Ryzen5(3400G)
Compatable Motherboard(if needed): For 3000CPU's
GPU: Gigabyte1650,
Total Cost: L - 263.49 or 351.48 | H - 397.97

CPU: A8-6600k
Motherboard(If Needed): MSI A55M-E33 FM2+
GPU: GT 1030(EVERY 940 I found was the same price as this one)
Total Cost: $288.08 (USD not tax)

Top Bottom