Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
Generally, I think of the leach tower as being something you might want post-armageddon mode. Unless they leave their defense open, I don't think that you could expect to see anything of that magnitude prior to armageddon mode.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I didn't think of these tactics except for concurrent rushes. I've done that to double your team's attack wave but I didn't think of splitting them. It's difficult to split your mobs once they're grouped since you can't directly control them. The enemy can group yours together and maximize the damage using AoE but you can't split unless you use speed way ahead of time.

Your guides still impress me. I like them!

MidnightMailman

Oct 19, 2016
Think Tank
www.youtube.com
An interesting and thought-provoking guide, just one thing I wonder about is splitting the mobs up when using meteor potions. If you split the mobs up then the archers will do more damage, but you won't be able to meteor pot all the blazes at once. I still want to experiment with meteor pots some more to figure out how they work exactly.

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
An interesting and thought-provoking guide, just one thing I wonder about is splitting the mobs up when using meteor potions. If you split the mobs up then the archers will do more damage, but you won't be able to meteor pot all the blazes at once. I still want to experiment with meteor pots some more to figure out how they work exactly.

I try to make my guide as thought provoking as I can, while introducing concepts and ideas that I've developed as a tower defense player. This is not my first tower defense game, and it's certainly... without a doubt, not my first game where I poured as much thought into it as I could. I think my section might actually mention types of tower defense games, but I might not at the same time. It appears that Cubecraft doesn't like the idea of advertisement, and while I wouldn't be advertising, I would need to give examples of other games to illustrate my ideas. I like Cubecraft's Tower Defence far more than any Tower Defence game that I've ever played. There's a very unique balance to the game, and I don't feel that there's a single type of offense that can't be beaten, although there are certainly tough situations. As long as you and your team manage resources delicately, you can triumph, There are so many concepts in the game and situations that arise and the number of towers and mobs isn't overwhelmingly high, or too low really. The way you can build your income by getting goldmine and the emphasis on effective tower placement makes this this one of my all-time favorite games. It's kept me playing for over 1000 matches, and that's more than any other tower defense game by a long shot. I only want to mention different types of tower defense games only because I feel it would strengthen the intuition of my readers.

As far as key aspects to a good game goes, the following are among my favorites: (An example or idea related to it is displayed next to the aspect, in parenthesis.)
  • Building income effectively (as with goldmine)
  • Placing effectively for as long as you can (as with critical tower spots)
  • Keeping the other team's income in mind (as their income affects their defense, offense, and can even contribute to your team's income)
  • Finding effective counter-measures for enemies (like sorcerer towers preventing tower loss)
  • The constant evaluation of defense (constantly asking yourself "What are we missing?" or "What could get passed us?")
  • Keeping communication between you and your team when something happens (like announcing when the other team sends a giant, so that everyone can act accordingly)
  • Sharing what you know with your friends in order to help them become better players, or become more aware (because their actions, as with yours, are meaningful)
  • Finding quirks and being aware of them (towers under bridges can hit enemies on top of the bridges, given that the tower's range is high enough)
I even enjoy typing about the game as I do in my guide posts, because there's a certain feeling that comes with explaining ideas. I'm tempted to play this game whether it's on my better days, or my worst. Cubecraft's Tower Defence is truly amazing, at least in my opinion.

Convincing

Nov 23, 2016
What a bore...It's Tower Defense
You need common sense and simple logic.
There's a reason why many quit after a short time. This game is not challenging
You're playing yourself if you think it is. You're pulling the same moves out of your ass every match.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
What a bore...It's Tower Defense
You need common sense and simple logic.
There's a reason why many quit after a short time. This game is not challenging
You're playing yourself if you think it is. You're pulling the same moves out of your ass every match.
If that is the case, then every game is not challenging and it's the same moves every match.

Convincing

Nov 23, 2016
.....Precisely.
The entire match consist of simple knowledge. Knowledge which only entails the requirement of placing down the correct tower.

Convincing

Nov 23, 2016
Now before you take everything literal, I do mean strategies. People, like the writer of this forum, have set strategies in place going into a match. Clearly.
Therefore going into a match, the entire layout of the field is already reserved for a set tower.
What a bore that must be for the players of the team.
Every match similar to the last. Now tell me, wheres the challenge in that?

This game isn't a battle of the wits.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom