Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com

A Satisfying update to cubecraft on May 5th 2021 fixed this issue :)

HELLO EVERYONE!

What do I mean and want to Achieve from this post?
•Better Player Experiences
•Better Performance

What Do I mean by “Performance” Options?
•Chunk Caching
•Entity Loading

NO!
Render Distance and Chunk Caching are two separate things. As well as Entity Loading.
You can not change these in the minecraft settings

Example 1
D32ABBBF-883C-4456-B94D-54A8CE55DF8C.jpeg

Example 2
05AB8B1D-C6C9-4922-BB84-763F5B1AED5F.jpeg

And Possibly for Entity Loading a “Very Close” option as well which would render non mob entities within 2 chunks

Who Does this Help?
This helps anyone with a Lower End device, or gives option to players an option to get better performance or more “enhancing” experience.

Examples
Last Gen Consoles
Lower End/Cheaper Mobile Devices
Older/Outdated Win10 Devices

What Would the Settings Automatically Be on?
I mean, I am not entirely sure. But I do believe Cubecraft can see what device you play on. Like Win10, Xbox, PS, IOS or Android.

I do believe cube can also see your connection to cubecraft itself(ping and packets). If cubecraft can tell your connection the “AUTO” Selection might be able to enable chunk caching to minimize lag more and make it more playable for that user(during the session).

And I am not entirely sure if CubeCraft can view a players GPU/CPU to apply the entity Loading Distance to the appropriate specs.
1CB278C8-A857-450E-85CB-5DF8EB3AC3DC.jpeg

Last edited:

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Can't comment too much on entity caching, but chunk caching has been a thing on our server since EggWars Mega. cc. https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/272995/
Yes, but this was an option to add sliders to change stuff on how it would work. Same with the entities and how far it would be from the player before it starts rendering.

Xbox is horrible and running through center in any teams on eggwars you can barely see and you’ll be lucky to kill someone. Even before IBMM against mobiles.

Xbox clips don’t show how bad it is at all. I would have to record the game from my phone just to show how bad the fps gets

• Agree
Reactions: Dualninja

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Ehhh, I could see some settings in a pack could increase FPS, like decreasing file sizes and stuff but I installed it on xbox and it did not help at all
All Astral does to boost FPS, is telling you to turn your settings down. Which can be done without a client.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Why would they add this as a setting if you can already do it manually in minecraft's settings?
Hey man
Made this video of me lowering all my settings I possibly could on my device 😁

I still get the same frames as I did before and it barely helped.

I added it to the post as well in the “videos” part.

Hopefully we could get this post to 15 agrees to help reduce or fix this problem!

EDITS:
SORRY! I sent the wrong video
Here is the correct one

• Agree

Herbubulle

Jul 3, 2020
The JOJOLands
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
HELLO EVERYONE!

What do I mean and want to Achieve from this post?
•Better Player Experiences
•Better Performance

What Do I mean by “Performance” Options?
•Chunk Caching
•Entity Loading

NO!
Render Distance and Chunk Caching are two separate things. As well as Entity Loading.
You can not change these in the minecraft settings

Example 1
View attachment 189957
Example 2
View attachment 189958

And Possibly for Entity Loading a “Very Close” option as well which would render non mob entities within 2 chunks

Who Does this Help?
This helps anyone with a Lower End device, or gives option to players an option to get better performance or more “enhancing” experience.

Examples
Last Gen Consoles
Lower End/Cheaper Mobile Devices
Older/Outdated Win10 Devices

What Would the Settings Automatically Be on?
I mean, I am not entirely sure. But I do believe Cubecraft can see what device you play on. Like Win10, Xbox, PS, IOS or Android.

I do believe cube can also see your connection to cubecraft itself(ping and packets). If cubecraft can tell your connection the “AUTO” Selection might be able to enable chunk caching to minimize lag more and make it more playable for that user(during the session).

And I am not entirely sure if CubeCraft can view a players GPU/CPU to apply the entity Loading Distance to the appropriate specs.
yea i cant play eggwars because of lag (items)

• Agree

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Bumping this to add some stuff.

I don’t really think a lot of people understand why I and others get horrible frames like this. It’s not entirely because the device is bad and can’t play Minecraft at all, it’s nothing like that.

It runs decently on survival.

But the reason our frames just keep on dropping so low is the LARGE amount of entities in center just causing lag.
Lowering chunks to the lowest helps slightly but not enough. And once we set chunks to the lowest it’s kind of like we can’t see the base next to us anymore and have no idea if I need a diamond pickaxe, armor and a sword, or nothing at all so it’s a risk rushing bases.

If we only “parasited” to other bases it’s relatively fine. But for a lot of players parasiting is just a deathtrap for themselves.

So most players build center, but in the center if the map the frames are just UNPLAYABLE even with the lowest settings like I showed in one of the videos

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
happy birthday! :)
Kazwa wrote on Baploon's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Loskol's profile.
Pro parrot plays pro program
Guys, I might have predicted BedWars Duos! The best part is it's releasing tomorrow!
1713889970725.png
Eli wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Top Bottom