Status
Not open for further replies.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
HqoDgNo.png

Hey everybody, Remi here. Today, I'm gonna give you some reasons why MinerWare should stay, I'll suggest new microgames and I'm gonna share my opinions on the game. I hope you'll enjoy reading!​

Why should MinerWare stay?

• Look at the player counts: Parkour rarely hits 100 players, and although Tower Defence does hit that number on a daily basis, MinerWare has more players. E.g, when MinerWare hits 120 players, Parkour only hits 60. I love Tower Defence and Parkour, but I think that if MinerWare would stay, one of those games should be removed. (Keep in mind that I don't want to offend anyone by saying this. I'm just stating facts and I'm sharing my opinion.)
  • It's a very fun game, and it's original in its kind; I've never seen a game like MinerWare before.
  • Everybody in my friends list totally loves MinerWare!
  • It would be a pity to remove this game, because there's room for improvement. For example: Imagine the games that could be added! And new maps would also be a great addition to this game!
  • It's a very fun non-pvp game! Are you fed up by those toxic tryhards in SkyWars? Go play MinerWare!
  • Back to the popularity of this game: There are always 100+ players playing this game, spread over at least 6 games. (With nighttime being an exception). So this means that you'd disappoint a lot of players by removing this game again.
  • If you do the same thing enough times, you will eventually get sick of it and will want to move onto the next big thing. This doesn't happen as fast with MinerWare because no two matches play out the same way.
  • It's almost as big a crossover as Smash Bros! You've got Spleef, Paintball, PvP, Archer Assault, Wing Rush, PvE and more, all in one place!
  • MinerWare gives CubeCraft an identity. Other than Tower Defence, MinerWare is the only game left that cannot be found anywhere else. Remove these two games, and CubeCraft is literally indistinguishable from almost every other PvP server out there.
  • It's the only game I'm pretty good at :c

Some ideas for new microgames and patches:
  • It would be nice to have a microgame that doesn't force you to jump into the void. Go read more about this suggestion here. (By @carrometeoro)
  • Wouldn't it be great to gain experience/points from microgames you've won? For example: If you'd win 'Jump into the void', you'd get 2 experience/points, because it's quite easy, but if you'd win 'Platform Plummet', you'd get 10 experience/points because it's more difficult to win that game. So, let's say that the amount of experience/points depends on the difficulty of the game.
  • The lag (or delay, or whatever. I don't know how to call it.) in 'Drop Tower' should be fixed. At the moment, if we play this game, it takes like 6 seconds to spawn. And no, this doesn't depend on my internet connection, because it happens to everyone in the game. This bug is very vexing because when this bug occurs, you won't have enough time to win the microgame anymore.
  • The outer ring should become the waiting lobby of this game. Suggested by @Sophie and by me. Some reasons why this should become a thing:
    • I'm bored of running around in squares when I have to wait.
    • The builders have spent so much time on creating the lobbies, and I would really like to discover the things they have built!
    • Actually, the outer ring is just a huge decoration. That's not what those masterpieces deserve. It would be great if we'd be place to spawn there!
    • It would also be great if the build team would add some parkours! (Suggested by @ItsDavey_)
  • How about.. we bring some Arcade games to MinerWare? A small version of Line Dash would be great, but a bit messy, so I think there should only be a team gamemode for this game. And what about a small version of Barn Brawl?

That's it! I hope you'll let MinerWare stay. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
Look at the player counts: Parkour rarely hits 100 players, and although Tower Defence does hit that number on a daily basis, MinerWare has more players. E.g, when MinerWare hits 120 players, Parkour only hits 60. I love Tower Defence and Parkour, but I think that if MinerWare would stay, one of those games should be removed. (Keep in mind that I don't want to offend anyone by saying this. I'm just stating facts and I'm sharing my opinion.)
Tower Defence has a higher playerbase than Minerware, most of the time. You can notice this in-game at some times, where TD reaches 140~ while Minerware can hardly get to 40-50 players.
I also think that Minerware should take Parkour's place.
I like the game, but it would be logical if parkour would be replaced by MinerWare, because Parkour has the lowest player count. I'm sorry :c
Parkour doesn't require people to start a game. So the playercount doesn't matter at all, for that game.
It would be a pity to remove this game, because there's room for improvement.
I'd love if they actually tried to fix the most basic bugs first. Which they haven't done for years.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
12 Reasons Why MinerWare Should Stay
-If you do the same thing enough times, you will eventually get sick of it and will want to move onto the next big thing. This doesn't happen as fast with MinerWare because no two matches play out the same way
-Because MinerWare is essentially "miscellaneous: The Game", the developers' weirdest ideas can each become a reality without feeling out of place
-Microgames, as inferred by their name, are very small and can be made much faster and easier than whole new games
-Making microgames is like making DLC for a game; it doesn't demand as many resources, because all of the groundwork is already there. For instance you don't need to make new maps, lobbies or artwork when adding new microgames because these assets already exist
-MinerWare is a sufficient substitute for the delightful Arcade, which Cube spitefully took away from us
-PvP has seriously overcentralised CubeCraft, which is a problem because CubeCraft PvP has nothing going for it that other servers don't already have
-CubeCraft needs a less hostile environment. You don't have as much time to type or get angry in MinerWare, and your frustration cannot force a cycle of mistakes because the game is constantly changing
-When over half the memes on this forum come down to "lol people are too salty on this server", that's when you know Cube has some serious player-base problems. This game has a party atmosphere and isn't meant to be taken seriously
-The top three players technically do not lose, and are each handed varying rewards. Therefore, the ratio of players feeling like bosses at the end of each game is greater than almost every other game on the server, where only one player is allowed to feel an accomplishment. Make people feel good about themselves and they'll keep coming back; it's a formula as old as multiplayer. Melee is seventeen years old, and yet at EVO this year it got 195,000 viewers. Why? Because you don't need to be winning to feel like a total badass in that game
-Although an expensive one, MinerWare has one of the best vote perks on the server; Hard Mode. This perk literally doubles the already huge amount of content the game has
-It's almost as big a crossover as Smash Bros! You've got Spleef, Paintball, PvP, Archer Assault, Wing Rush, PvE and more, all in one place!
-MinerWare gives CubeCraft an identity. Other than Tower Defence, MinerWare is the only game left that cannot be found anywhere else. Remove these two games, and CubeCraft is literally indistinguishable from almost every other PvP server out there

Btw free to add some of these points to the top of the thread if you like. I feel these are some things that people don't really talk about that much, but the formula of MinerWare is really unique and is why it never deserved to be cut to begin with.

Last edited:

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
I only voted ‘no’ since I want to safe Parkour, I had to let UHC and Infection go already </3. But I’m doubt about minerware actually. I mean, there are tons of bugs, is it worth to add a game that contains more bugs than usual? It’s like UHC, except its dead, there were too mant impossible bugs to repair.

Skyfire_swe

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2017
Sweden
-If you do the same thing enough times, you will eventually get sick of it and will want to move onto the next big thing. This doesn't happen as fast with MinerWare because no two matches play out the same way
-Because MinerWare is essentially "miscellaneous: The Game", the developers' weirdest ideas can each become a reality without feeling out of place
-Microgames, as inferred by their name, are very small and can be made much faster and easier than whole new games
-Making microgames is like making DLC for a game; it doesn't demand as many resources, because all of the groundwork is already there. For instance you don't need to make new maps, lobbies or artwork when adding new microgames because these assets already exist
-MinerWare is a sufficient substitute for the delightful Arcade, which Cube spitefully took away from us
-PvP has seriously overcentralised CubeCraft, which is a problem because CubeCraft PvP has nothing going for it that other servers don't already have
-CubeCraft needs a less hostile environment. You don't have as much time to type or get angry in MinerWare, and your frustration cannot force a cycle of mistakes because the game is constantly changing
-When over half the memes on this forum come down to "lol people are too salty on this server", that's when you know Cube has some serious player-base problems. This game has a party atmosphere and isn't meant to be taken seriously
-The top three players technically do not lose, and are each handed varying rewards. Therefore, the ratio of players feeling like bosses at the end of each game is greater than almost every other game on the server, where only one player is allowed to feel an accomplishment. Make people feel good about themselves and they'll keep coming back; it's a formula as old as multiplayer. Melee is seventeen years old, and yet at EVO this year it got 195,000 viewers. Why? Because you don't need to be winning to feel like a total badass in that game
-Although an expensive one, MinerWare has one of the best vote perks on the server; Hard Mode. This perk literally doubles the already huge amount of content the game has
-It's almost as big a crossover as Smash Bros! You've got Spleef, Paintball, PvP, Archer Assault, Wing Rush, PvE and more, all in one place!
-MinerWare gives CubeCraft an identity. Other than Tower Defence, MinerWare is the only game left that cannot be found anywhere else. Remove these two games, and CubeCraft is literally indistinguishable from almost every other PvP server out there

Btw free to add this to the top of the thread if you like. I feel these are some things that people don't really talk about that much, but the formula of MinerWare is really unique and is why it never deserved to be cut to begin with.

I have actually never tried Minerware, but I love your eloquent writing and great arguments, both here and in other posts as well!

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com

Btw free to add some of these points to the top of the thread if you like. I feel these are some things that people don't really talk about that much, but the formula of MinerWare is really unique and is why it never deserved to be cut to begin with.
Thank you very much! I've added 3 of them :D

_JoSee

Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2016
United States
reports.cubecraft.net
HqoDgNo.png

Hey everybody, Remi here. Today, I'm gonna give you some reasons why MinerWare should stay, I'll suggest new microgames and I'm gonna share my opinions on the game. I hope you'll enjoy reading!​

Why should MinerWare stay?

• Look at the player counts: Parkour rarely hits 100 players, and although Tower Defence does hit that number on a daily basis, MinerWare has more players. E.g, when MinerWare hits 120 players, Parkour only hits 60. I love Tower Defence and Parkour, but I think that if MinerWare would stay, one of those games should be removed. (Keep in mind that I don't want to offend anyone by saying this. I'm just stating facts and I'm sharing my opinion.)
  • It's a very fun game, and it's original in its kind; I've never seen a game like MinerWare before.
  • Everybody in my friends list totally loves MinerWare!
  • It would be a pity to remove this game, because there's room for improvement. For example: Imagine the games that could be added! And new maps would also be a great addition to this game!
  • It's a very fun non-pvp game! Are you fed up by those toxic tryhards in SkyWars? Go play MinerWare!
  • Back to the popularity of this game: There are always 100+ players playing this game, spread over at least 6 games. (With nighttime being an exception). So this means that you'd disappoint a lot of players by removing this game again.
  • If you do the same thing enough times, you will eventually get sick of it and will want to move onto the next big thing. This doesn't happen as fast with MinerWare because no two matches play out the same way.
  • It's almost as big a crossover as Smash Bros! You've got Spleef, Paintball, PvP, Archer Assault, Wing Rush, PvE and more, all in one place!
  • MinerWare gives CubeCraft an identity. Other than Tower Defence, MinerWare is the only game left that cannot be found anywhere else. Remove these two games, and CubeCraft is literally indistinguishable from almost every other PvP server out there.
  • It's the only game I'm pretty good at :c

Some ideas for new microgames and patches:
  • It would be nice to have a microgame that doesn't force you to jump into the void. Go read more about this suggestion here. (By @carrometeoro)
  • Wouldn't it be great to gain experience/points from microgames you've won? For example: If you'd win 'Jump into the void', you'd get 2 experience/points, because it's quite easy, but if you'd win 'Platform Plummet', you'd get 10 experience/points because it's more difficult to win that game. So, let's say that the amount of experience/points depends on the difficulty of the game.
  • The lag (or delay, or whatever. I don't know how to call it.) in 'Drop Tower' should be fixed. At the moment, if we play this game, it takes like 6 seconds to spawn. And no, this doesn't depend on my internet connection, because it happens to everyone in the game. This bug is very vexing because when this bug occurs, you won't have enough time to win the microgame anymore.
  • The outer ring should become the waiting lobby of this game. Suggested by @Sophie and by me. Some reasons why this should become a thing:
    • I'm bored of running around in squares when I have to wait.
    • The builders have spent so much time on creating the lobbies, and I would really like to discover the things they have built!
    • Actually, the outer ring is just a huge decoration. That's not what those masterpieces deserve. It would be great if we'd be place to spawn there!
    • It would also be great if the build team would add some parkours! (Suggested by @ItsDavey_)
  • How about.. we bring some Arcade games to MinerWare? A small version of Line Dash would be great, but a bit messy, so I think there should only be a team gamemode for this game. And what about a small version of Barn Brawl?

That's it! I hope you'll let MinerWare stay. Thanks for reading!

This game should be for a long time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Windwardglue105 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
basketman

this you?

1714261124344.png
Capitan wrote on Otherworld's profile.
♥️
Reesle wrote on lorilambthecoolgamer's profile.
Thanks for playing, that was fun!
I did end up winning that last game we joined after you had to go:
IMG_5324.png
Top Bottom