Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 28, 2016
Deep Ocean
I was just wondering, like why is there so many hackers now, I used to play in 2015 and 2014 and I'd rarely find hackers playing and it'd be usually just someone using anti kb or Kill aura, and now, everytime in every 2 games I join I either see someone flying to the middle or my island or someone hitting me from the other side of the map, like what happened?

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
the anti cheat is in beta. that means we have to wait :(

@YounB will you lock this after you help him?
Whoah whoah whoah, don't jump the gun.
Just saying the anti-cheat is being worked on doesn't explain the issue.

I'm guessing the reason for this is, that because cubecraft is the biggest 1.9+ server and people feel tempted to hack on it for 1.9 reasons

MooTa

Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2016
YouTube
Whoah whoah whoah, don't jump the gun.
Just saying the anti-cheat is being worked on doesn't explain the issue.

I'm guessing the reason for this is, that because cubecraft is the biggest 1.9+ server and people feel tempted to hack on it for 1.9 reasons
yeah I was wrong. I shouldn't have jump the gun

Reactions: CorruptedSyntex

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
When I first joined the server in mid-March of this year, this server was in 1.9 and didn't have as many hackers. At least this was my case (not sure if others had the same experience) since I didn't have any experience with hackers when I played my first 1.9 SG game shortly after 1.9 release.

In list form (my theory):
-For sure, it's because it took at least over a month after 1.9's release for hacker developers to code all the hacks for 1.9. Pretty sure the toughest nut to crack was kill aura since all other hacks are almost the same.
-It was around August of this year that more hackers came since the 2nd, ineffective, punishment system came out.
-This also pardoned ALL offenses rulebreakers previously committed, giving them an easy 2nd chance of hacking on the server again. (Thanks, @Chimp for reminding me of that)​
-Beta anticheat drew more hackers to this server.
-Mineplex used to be a hacker-infested server. It still is, but not as much or shouldn't be ever since GWEN came out. I have no clue about this since I left Mineplex in June.
-It's the 3rd biggest (or on par with Mineplex during certain times of the day). Naturally, more players means more hackers.
-The majority of the playerbase are very young. Based on observations in real life and online, most of the time kids will test the limits by breaking the rules.
-Some YouTubers such as xTurtle promote hacks in their videos by hacking on servers.
-As an example of how YouTubers promote servers, let's look at TCR (TheCampingRusher) and 2b2t. Prior to June, 2b2t had <100 people on. When TCR promoted 2b2t, a lot of players came to 2b2t, filling its queue to over a thousand players during the summer. Why? YouTubers act as a way to promote the server. It's money for the YouTuber and it's money for the server because of more players.​

I'm not sure what Cube was like before 2016. Was it a small(er) server back then?

EDIT: In retrospect, when I used to play Mineplex a lot last year, a lot of hackers were on the server. I'll assume it's natural for a server with a weak anticheat to attract hackers until it's resolved. The same thing happened over there - many hackers, including donors, hacked in every single game. Many players had their stats ruined and many games became unplayable, if at all.

Last edited:

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
The Cubecraft team changed the banning system and unbanned everyone that had previously been banned, basically to give people a second chance.
The current anti cheat that is used on the server is outdated compared to the hack clients, which seem to be updated quite frequently, and they easily bypass this.
For now just record and report, one day we'll be hacker free :)

Nov 28, 2016
Deep Ocean
I'm not sure what Cube was like before 2016. Was it a small(er) server back then?
It wasn't smaller, in fact I think it had more players than it does now, and it was kinda more ''Enjoyable'' if you can say back then because at least the few hackers that were there weren't like impossible to kill like now, In my opinion the 1.9 kinda ruined it.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
It wasn't smaller, in fact I think it had more players than it does now, and it was kinda more ''Enjoyable'' if you can say back then because at least the few hackers that were there weren't like impossible to kill like now, In my opinion the 1.9 kinda ruined it.
Even if 1.9 were not to be used, hackers would still join. At least 1.9 temporarily stopped hacking for 1 month.

Hackers are possible to kill, but it requires a very good mindset of the game knowledge. You'd have to know all the basics, what gamemode, what hacks are commonly used for that gamemode, a handful of techniques, how to counter their hacks, and how to exploit the hackers' weaknesses as much as possible. The good news is that most hackers aren't as skilled as an experienced player when it comes to other weapons such as fire weapons.

Nov 28, 2016
Deep Ocean
Even if 1.9 were not to be used, hackers would still join. At least 1.9 temporarily stopped hacking for 1 month.
Well true, but even like the PvP of the game kinda got worse which made a lot of players leave the server, people were used to the spam click and with 1.9 the people that used to be good at PvP got kinda tired of the server since it was way harder for them to adapt, well at least that's what happened to me, I leave for some months and when I come back I encounter the server full of hackers.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Well true, but even like the PvP of the game kinda got worse which made a lot of players leave the server, people were used to the spam click and with 1.9 the people that used to be good at PvP got kinda tired of the server since it was way harder for them to adapt, well at least that's what happened to me, I leave for some months and when I come back I encounter the server full of hackers.
I just edited above and added more detail to my reply, sorry for delay.

Back to the actual reply: the same happened to everyone. Everyone who wanted to start playing had to adapt to 1.9 or lose. Heck, it was tough for even me to learn how to fight in 1.9 PvP. First few runs were victories; looking back, I felt like I was starting a new game.

Nov 28, 2016
Deep Ocean
I just edited above and added more detail to my reply, sorry for delay.

Back to the actual reply: the same happened to everyone. Everyone who wanted to start playing had to adapt to 1.9 or lose. Heck, it was tough for even me to learn how to fight in 1.9 PvP. First few runs were victories; looking back, I felt like I was starting a new game.
Same here, and as you said before killing the hackers requires some knowledge, but what happened to me in the last game I did was just impossible to counter, I open my chest and I start getting hits, I look everywhere and no one was there, so at this moment I knew there was a hacker, I looked at the chat and I see this guy getting like 5 kills in a row, I died but then started recording and got him banned, well before I started recording his words were ''I have unlimited accounts idc''

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Same here, and as you said before killing the hackers requires some knowledge, but what happened to me in the last game I did was just impossible to counter, I open my chest and I start getting hits, I look everywhere and no one was there, so at this moment I knew there was a hacker, I looked at the chat and I see this guy getting like 5 kills in a row, I died but then started recording and got him banned, well before I started recording his words were ''I have unlimited accounts idc''
You found an infinite reach hacker, my friend. That's one of the newest hacks out in MC and it's NOT a fun hack to experience if an infinite reach hacker is in your game. That hack was originally coded in 1.8 clients but recently it's started showing up in 1.10. Did you find that hacker in 1.9+ by the way?

I don't think there's any way to kill that kind of hacker unless a mod+ is in the game. By the time you have a chance to even shoot your bow, he's already hitting you from siege range and his hits go through terrain. Heck, his range much farther than that from my siege tank's siege mode!

Nov 28, 2016
Deep Ocean
You found an infinite reach hacker, my friend. That's one of the newest hacks out in MC and it's NOT a fun hack to experience if an infinite reach hacker is in your game. That hack was originally coded in 1.8 clients but recently it's started showing up in 1.10. Did you find that hacker in 1.9+ by the way?

I don't think there's any way to kill that kind of hacker unless a mod+ is in the game. By the time you have a chance to even shoot your bow, he's already hitting you from siege range and his hits go through terrain. Heck, his range much farther than that from my siege tank's siege mode!
I found him while I was playing 1.8 skywars.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
They are currently developing an anti-cheat.
The amount of hackers now days is insane though, but just record them and they'll be banned.
Anti-Knockback Hackers do get kicked, so thats good, just one step of the process.

HiggDawg

Jun 1, 2016
There has been more hackers lately because 1.8 was aded back and the Developers that develop the hack client are starting to become mor interested on cubecraft since were an aswome and gast growing community

N

Nikboo

Hiya,
There are various reasons as to why the ammount of hackers on the server have increased. I think @hyperBravo has mentioned most of them.

The Cubecraft developer team are currently working on an anti-cheat to help reduce the ammount of hackers cheating on our server. We will have to be patient for this.

For now, if you see a hacker in a game, please help the community by reporting them at http://reports.cubecraft.net
Thank you. :)

~ Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom