Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

hgbf

Forum Veteran
Oct 27, 2015
Behind the command block
minecraft.net
It's finally time for another thread about a game in maintenance. This time it is the parkour gamemode I will be talking about. It's a gamemode that I don't play a lot of myself, but that I know is very popular.

The parkour game has been in maintenance for a very long time. It is now the only gamemode in maintenance, except for Hide n seek. But, why is it so?

The parkour server was, as some of you might remember, just a parkour server. Nothing spectacular or special in there. Just parkour. That is everything that is needed. And, does that take over a year to repair? No.

Just to prove that claim, here is something I made for this thread:
And now, have your guesses. How long did it take me to do this?
20 minutes. In vanilla. Alone.

With that said, here's the question: Why does it take cube so long to fix this? I understand that it might not be the number one priority, and that you probably want to add tons of extra features, but it should still not take this long. We don't need a lot of extra features. The players who like parkour won't stop playing because you don't have extra stuff in it. Besides, some of the stuff I'd imagine you would add would probably not take more than 30 minutes to make. After I post this thread, I will actually see what I can add to that simple parkour base I have in that time.

The only challenge I can find is making good maps to run through. My answer to this is simple. Just don't put that many maps on the first update. Two or three would be enough in the beginning. You can add more maps later, but I feel like it's been too long since the game was open. Having the entire menu filled with working games is something I feel is more important than having a perfect parkour gamemode.

This thread might not have been as long as my freebuild threads, but it says what I want said, for now. I might edit this later, when I made the 30 minute extra features. Thanks for reading!

TL;DR: Parkour should not take this long to compete.

Some tags: @rubik_cube_man @Efcluke94 @GingerGeek

Yamin

Forum Veteran
May 8, 2016
the sushi bar
I would love it when they bring back parkour! I use to tryhard on those 3 big parkourmap.
But maybe they could add some new features: almost all the lobbies have the same layout so they could make it like how you join freebuild, add a leaderboard and maybe like a gamemode where you parkour against other players: the 3 quickest players of that game win.
I would definitely enjoy playing parkour against @zDutchie: seeing her rage and stuff. :p

Ahs_Master

Apr 16, 2017
In my studio
www.youtube.com
I want a BIGGG Parkour Gamemode Which allows you to do the Parkour whitin 5 minutes with 10 Teammates!!!
The First one gets one Cubelet. (Remember its HARD so PRO Gamers can lose very easily Thats the funniest thing about that Parkour Gamemode)
'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

good morning all! I hope everyone has a great day! 🤍
UncleSpect wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on llvqs's profile.
Thank you for the follow! Also have a good redt of your day/night today!:D
I just logged on and just saw all these messages, sorry for not seeing them earlier, Tysm guys!
Top Bottom