Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
I guess glowstone is really similair to glass as far as the strength of the block is concerned. Didn't really serve for any tactical use, more for decoration purposes.

Earth

Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2015
Nowhere
I guess glowstone is really similair to glass as far as the strength of the block is concerned. Didn't really serve for any tactical use, more for decoration purposes.
So what? Imo that's not a valid reason to just remove a block just because it ''doesn't really server for a tactical use''... People really liked lighting up dark maps such as Space

Reactions: Shrek Trained Me

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
So what? Imo that's not a valid reason to just remove a block just because it ''doesn't really server for a tactical use''... People really liked lighting up dark maps such as Space
I agree, I liked to use the block as a nice way of decorating my egg in the days when I just discovered EggWars, but I guess whoever came up with the idea to remove it begs to differ.

Reactions: Earth

Gonal

Novice Member
Feb 9, 2017
Spain
The glowstone was a bit useless. The only use he could have was to cover the egg and to be heard when the enemy broke it. Now there is the crystal, which has a similar function.

Reactions: CrazyCubecrafter

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
The only place I could see glowstone be useful is for maps like Space & Treehouse as there's dozens of dark areas. I guess they could add them along with some map specific items (doesn't have to include an emerald gen!) to add a bit more variety in maps.
But for the other maps, glowstone was pretty much never useful, unless I've forgotten a few other maps.

D

Deleted member 352903

i dont see any glowsttone in my life
Glowstone es la piedra que brilla que se encuentra en el Nether.

Well, I agree, why not? I think there should be more blocks in SkyWars and in EggWars.

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
I've forwarded the idea to reimplement glowstone in EggWars, possibly as a specific item for certain maps. :]

I've mentioned 'treehouse' and 'space' to be maps that have dark spaces. Are there any more?

[EGGWARS] Reimplement glowstone in certain maps (as specific map items?). Glowstone was removed from EggWars, but it was being used to light up dark spaces in maps such as Treehouse and Space.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/why-did-glowstone-get-removed.203569/

>The only place I could see glowstone be useful is for maps like Space & Treehouse as there's dozens of dark areas. I guess they could add them along with some map specific items (doesn't have to include an emerald gen!) to add a bit more variety in maps. - @Gainfullterror

Moved to 'suggestions' sub-forum.
Assigned 'escalated' prefix.

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
Update:

I'm pretty late to this but why?
The variety of building blocks was neutralised, mainly to make clear who built what bridges using clay.

Now, the build team would much rather fix the issue where certain maps have dark spaces than modifying the shop.
Are there any more maps where the dark spaces are an issue, besides 'Space' and 'Treehouse'?

@jevmen @Spuuuni @Gainfullterror @GONAL123 @Miauw @Earth (anyone can provide maps :] )

Reactions: Gonal
D

Deleted member 352903

Update:

The variety of building blocks was neutralised, mainly to make clear who built what bridges using clay.

Now, the build team would much rather fix the issue where certain maps have dark spaces than modifying the shop.
Are there any more maps where the dark spaces are an issue, besides 'Space' and 'Treehouse'?

@jevmen @Spuuuni @Gainfullterror @GONAL123 @Miauw @Earth (anyone can provide maps :] )
I think the only maps with dark sides are 'space' and 'treehouse'.
But yeah, glowstone in dark maps will be fine.

Reactions: Buuuddy

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Does the bottom of Teaparty count? It's a pretty popular area for us. The only problem I see with that is a lot of potential lag due to all the lighting updates down there.
I'm not sure if this was already done since its last change, but Magic was pretty dark at mid last time I played too.
Teepee could use some lighting in the tent itself, but that's pretty optional as you're usually never in there until you have to defend your egg or break another egg.
I don't think any other maps have any notable dark spots.

Reactions: Buuuddy

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
I'm pretty late to this but why?
I think they should add it back because I liked the block for lighting reasons and for decoration. Now some might think “wow that is so dumb” but if I am in a long game of team eggwars, then I like making the island all cool and organized with walkways and crap and glowstone made the lighting no issue.
I think they should add it back because if someone doesn’t like glowstone, just don’t buy it...

Reactions: Buuuddy and Earth
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on maggienoodles's profile.
Happy Birthday! And also have a good day today!:D
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on burgerkingbrad1's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D ✨🎉
Reesle wrote on maggienoodles's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Reesle wrote on burgerkingbrad1's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳 🍔
Reesle wrote on Muffin's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🎈🍰
Top Bottom