Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

k1ngvenator

Jun 15, 2022
This is just a concept that popped into my head earlier on; if you have a game mode that everyone else but you seems to like, what is it, and why don't you like it?

I'll go first, this is the game mode that made me think of this anyway; Battle Arena, or FFA to be more specific, I'm okay with Duels.

Even as someone who's on the leaderboards for SG Duos, I can't get behind the combat on FFA for a multitude of reasons:
  • Frames like to drop *a lot* of the time mid-battle in just about any situation, this never happens on any other mode
  • Certain maps, especially Biomes, really don't feel that good in not only general design, but for combat as typically fast paced as Minecraft's is.
  • Classes are terrible really besides Beast and Warrior; Wizard's good if you know how to handle the potion mechanics, but Barbarian, Samurai and Sniper all feel very circumstantial and are overall very easy to bully, especially Barbarians.
  • The new 'Bounty Hunter' event is alright on paper, but I can't help but be drove up the wall when my bounty is a guy that could probably solo the entire lobby they're in; yes it changes, but it's irritating having to spend half the event trying to kill God.

There's probably more reasons I'm failing to think of, but off the top of my head that's all there is to it. But, that's just my unpopular hatred. What's yours?

h0pefulll

Novice Member
Jan 2, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
An opportunity for me to rant, finally!

Probably one of my least favourite experiences on CubeCraft is EggWars, specifically on the Java server.

One of the core design features of most of the PVP gamemodes is the void, which gives players who don't have quite the strongest of gear to have a decent chance in a fight against players with the strong stuff. However, unlike on Bedrock, it is wayyy harder to actually deal enough knockback because of the different combat system. Don't even bother engaging someone if they have better gear.

I think that starting from scratch if you die is harsh, to say the least. It becomes really demotivating if you die in the late game with some gear that took a long time to grind for. Immediately back to square one. A very common occurrence in EggWars is that you kill a player whilst on their home island, then immediately break their egg, and then that player is left with squat to defend themselves, whilst an unstoppable force comes to finish them off. If you're in this situation, you have two options:
  • Scramble together some gear (you will most likely be killed/knocked into the void before then)
  • Run away to another island, assuming there is an accessible bridge to elsewhere (considering you are barely given anything to defend yourself with your kit, good luck defending yourself if someone sees you)
This isn't fun at all, and this problem is exasperated in Overpowered, where you'll be sent to the shadow realm immediately after respawning with barely a chance to fight back or make some sort of clutch.

Speaking of Overpowered Eggwars, it is absolute hot garbage IMO. Nearly every single game I play on Teams Eggwars, a party of leaderboard grinders votes for the iconic duo of Half-Health and Overpowered. The main issue with this combination is that with such little health, the game devolves into whoever can buy and eat the most golden apples will win the battles. Of course, this can be alleviated by coordinating with teammates to take turns receiving damage, but not everyone is in a party and has this ability to communicate immediately with others. So, they end up dominating the game and add 1 to their total wins on the leaderboard.
I've heard that people like fighting against these parties for the thrill of the challenge, but the issue especially with EggWars that it becomes nigh impossible to win against them (unless you yourself are also in a party), and all of the above add to why.
I don't play on CubeCraft to increase meaningless numbers, I play on it to have a good time, and constantly matching up against these players is draining.

end rant

Iridinox

Jun 11, 2022
Stardew Valley
Pronouns
He/Him
Ok, there are... A LOT.

First, Eggwars Megas. Even though I was part of a group that just achieved 3rd place speedrun for megas, I still dislike it for two reasons. First, the amount of players on each island. It feels so overwhelming to someone who usually plays solos and duos to rush this many people. I get it’s part of the game, but I just can’t manage fighting more than 5 people at once. Second, the lag. Typically megas will experience quite a bit of lag, due to having 40 players and 30-80 generators. But for me, the lag is much worse as I play on a Nintendo Switch Lite, which can’t respond well to that many entities. I still think megas is a great mode, I just find it annoying to play.

Second, Parkour. I’m fine with competitive parkour, but for me spending more than 10 minutes on parkour with no opponent to battle gets boring, so fast. It’s a pretty good gamemode, but I preferred the parkour in the cubecraft main lobby a while back.

Third, FFA. This is largely the same argument as Megas: too many people at once, Switch Lite lag, etc. Additionally, a good bit of the community in FFA feels toxic compared to the people I normally play other games with. It’s a fairly good gamemode, but it has too many people in the game and I feel like some of the players are what ruined it by acting toxic.

Reactions: 💀 Camgames 🎃

💀 Camgames 🎃

Aug 18, 2021
Ok, there are... A LOT.

First, Eggwars Megas. Even though I was part of a group that just achieved 3rd place speedrun for megas, I still dislike it for two reasons. First, the amount of players on each island. It feels so overwhelming to someone who usually plays solos and duos to rush this many people. I get it’s part of the game, but I just can’t manage fighting more than 5 people at once. Second, the lag. Typically megas will experience quite a bit of lag, due to having 40 players and 30-80 generators. But for me, the lag is much worse as I play on a Nintendo Switch Lite, which can’t respond well to that many entities. I still think megas is a great mode, I just find it annoying to play.

Second, Parkour. I’m fine with competitive parkour, but for me spending more than 10 minutes on parkour with no opponent to battle gets boring, so fast. It’s a pretty good gamemode, but I preferred the parkour in the cubecraft main lobby a while back.

Third, FFA. This is largely the same argument as Megas: too many people at once, Switch Lite lag, etc. Additionally, a good bit of the community in FFA feels toxic compared to the people I normally play other games with. It’s a fairly good gamemode, but it has too many people in the game and I feel like some of the players are what ruined it by acting toxic.
As a switch player, I feel ya. But for me, since I play on the original or oled model, the lag isn't that bad.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
This is just a concept that popped into my head earlier on; if you have a game mode that everyone else but you seems to like, what is it, and why don't you like it?

I'll go first, this is the game mode that made me think of this anyway; Battle Arena, or FFA to be more specific, I'm okay with Duels.

Even as someone who's on the leaderboards for SG Duos, I can't get behind the combat on FFA for a multitude of reasons:
  • Frames like to drop *a lot* of the time mid-battle in just about any situation, this never happens on any other mode
  • Certain maps, especially Biomes, really don't feel that good in not only general design, but for combat as typically fast paced as Minecraft's is.
  • Classes are terrible really besides Beast and Warrior; Wizard's good if you know how to handle the potion mechanics, but Barbarian, Samurai and Sniper all feel very circumstantial and are overall very easy to bully, especially Barbarians.
  • The new 'Bounty Hunter' event is alright on paper, but I can't help but be drove up the wall when my bounty is a guy that could probably solo the entire lobby they're in; yes it changes, but it's irritating having to spend half the event trying to kill God.

There's probably more reasons I'm failing to think of, but off the top of my head that's all there is to it. But, that's just my unpopular hatred. What's yours?
Same, people seem to love FFA, but I honestly don't like it and I have barely played it.

GeoJosh7

Feb 25, 2021
Australia
Pronouns
He/Him
Duels (Not game duels)
I hate not having void. If I am a pvp encounter I would most likely be destroyed unless I have some sort of void to give me a chance.
Not saying I'm bad at PvP I'm just saying every sweat is way better than me.

Reactions: Iridinox

Xeno3lade

Mar 16, 2021
Britain
www.youtube.com

Do I hear minerware

• Haha
Reactions: guinea_pigcrown5687
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
Did anyone else play Skylanders? I recently got it to work on my PC with a PS3 emulator and it's more fun than I remembered!!
Eli wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
Eli wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
GiGaGekkies wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Mivke's profile.
Gefeliciteerd
Top Bottom