Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/make-cubecraft-great-again.200899/

So it turns out the thread got locked for necroposting by @Snodia whilst she ignored the content of the suggestion entirely, even though the suggestion is still completely relevant. Way to show how much you listen to your community, staff. How else are we now supposed to make a suggestion, repost it when it is older than 2 weeks instead of just having the old thread? That would just create spam on the forums. Step the heck up, staff.

L

Lightning McQueen

Hey communist i think its better to restart the whole thing anyways, since the chat filters only problem is the party chat spam and unable to use caps lock.

Oh and the yellow text stuff party chat being hard to read in ffa, especially for gold ranks since their names are yellow.

Hey @Quetzi can you or someone else makes the party chat purple? Its a nicer colour that stands out nicely. Nice and readable. Thx

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Forums staff logic: "do not necro post, posting on threads that haven't been replied to for 14 days will be punished by a public stoning in the village centre" ...... "also please do not post threads on topic that have been posted about before or you will be punished for 'spam'!"

As you can see their logic (I am GENEROUSLY labelling it that) is totally flawed. I completely agree with you.

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
The suggestion was forwarded onto the correct people. Having an active thread on the forums won't make any difference.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
The suggestion was forwarded onto the correct people. Having an active thread on the forums won't make any difference.
That is completely and utterly incorrect. Having an active thread ALWAYS makes a difference. If what you said was true, all threads should just have 1 main post and a poll, and no replies should be allowed. I can't believe you have just posted something so incorrect on a thread, let alone this one. Please re-read what you're about to post before actually posting it.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Because I already posted it there, and the idea of a "suggestions compilation" itself is pretty pointless. (https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/this-is-not-the-way-to-find-gem-suggestions.203429/)

Also If a thread is still locked, others can still see the messages, with links that will follow them to the suggestion.
not a reason to lock it at all.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
That’s why it got locked for an other reason: necro-posting
Now you're just reasoning in circles.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/what-the-devs-should-be-doing.207128/#post-988518

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/s...iend-chat-is-it-redundant.207130/#post-988533

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/a...an-sign-in-the-beginning-of-a-message.207091/

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/make-the-word-bullshit-allowed.207050/#post-987797

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/t...ages-are-filtered-nerf-spam-preventer.207077/

5 recent threads about the current update. This thread is just as relevant now as when I wrote it. The last staff reply has been over 6 months ago.
Therefore, I would like if this thread could make an exception to the rule (for now).

"it got locked for necroposting, but you can post it in the suggestions compilation11!1!! Oh, you already did that?
well,, uh, it got locked for necroposting!"

You're making yourself look really silly.

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
That is completely and utterly incorrect. Having an active thread ALWAYS makes a difference. If what you said was true, all threads should just have 1 main post and a poll, and no replies should be allowed. I can't believe you have just posted something so incorrect on a thread, let alone this one. Please re-read what you're about to post before actually posting it.
I suppose you know how suggestions are being handled better than I do.

When a suggestion is generally liked, a moderator adds it to one of the suggestions channels on our communication platform. The project leader, Camezonda, then reads through all of them and -considering if the suggestion is doable- adds them to the corresponding project, such as a SkyWars update or chat revamp. Once a developer is assigned to one of these projects, they will code whatever the project leader put in the project description.

A moderator will forward the same suggestion only once, and the project leader will add a suggestion to a project only once. Whether a suggestion has one, three or twenty versions on the forums, it will be mentioned only once behind the screens.

Developers don't base their projects off the version on the forums. All suggestions are being reworked by multiple people first.
Great communication. People are still creating threads about this constantly, but all you can come up with is that.
Some suggestions simply aren't a good idea. The chat filter telling you what's not allowed, for example, would be a great for evading it, especially for the masterbrain behind the daily spambots on 1.8. It's like opening up Sentinel so everyone knows how it works and how to bypass it.

skifby2

Novice Member
Apr 21, 2018
The chat filter telling you what's not allowed, for example, would be a great for evading it, especially for the masterbrain behind the daily spambots on 1.8. It's like opening up Sentinel so everyone knows how it works and how to bypass it.
Not really a solid excuse, the bots will find out why the message is blocked no matter what (that's their entire goal after all). Sure, you might make their lives a bit harder by not telling them why their message is blocked, but meanwhile you are also making the lives all the people in the community harder.

Should we suffer just to let the few people behind the bots suffer a little bit?
I don't think so.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I suppose you know how suggestions are being handled better than I do.

When a suggestion is generally liked, a moderator adds it to one of the suggestions channels on our communication platform. The project leader, Camezonda, then reads through all of them and -considering if the suggestion is doable- adds them to the corresponding project, such as a SkyWars update or chat revamp. Once a developer is assigned to one of these projects, they will code whatever the project leader put in the project description.

A moderator will only forward the same suggestion once, and the project leader will only add a suggestion to a project once. Whether a suggestion has only one, three or twenty versions on the forums, it will only be mentioned once behind the screens.
So now you're just admitting what I said was correct:
How else are we now supposed to make a suggestion, repost it when it is older than 2 weeks instead of just having the old thread? That would just create spam on the forums. Step the heck up, staff.

The current system causes lots of suggestions to go unanswered and the suggestions page to get spammed full of essentially the same suggestion because of this:
A moderator will only forward the same suggestion once, and the project leader will only add a suggestion to a project once. Whether a suggestion has only one, three or twenty versions on the forums, it will only be mentioned once behind the screens.
Furthermore, this means we can't really do anything after it being suggested one time.

We can't bump the thread or ask for an update after a moderator replied, but re-suggestions get ignored. See what we mean by great communication?

Some suggestions simply aren't a good idea. The chat filter telling you what's not allowed, for example, would be a great for evading it, especially for the masterbrain behind the daily spambots on 1.8.
Right now, people sometimes don't even know why their sentence was blocked altogether.
Should we suffer just to let the people behind the bots suffer a little bit?
I don't think so.

Reactions: SpankMeSanta

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
Not really a solid excuse, the bots will find out why the message is blocked no matter what (that's their entire goal after all). Sure, you might make their lives a bit harder by not telling them why their message is blocked, but meanwhile you are also making the lives all the people in the community harder.

Should we suffer just to let the few people behind the bots suffer a little bit?
I don't think so.
Right now, people sometimes don't even know why their sentence was blocked altogether.
Any messages that are blocked but shouldn't be can be forwarded to a staff member and it will be looked into. Keep in mind that there are more people who
We can't bump the thread or ask for an update after a moderator replied, but re-suggestions get ignored. See what we mean by great communication?
The current system causes lots of suggestions to go unanswered and the suggestions page to get spammed full of essentially the same suggestion because of this:
We usually don't know the status of suggestions either. Moderators forward them, management assigns them to a developer, and the developers create them. Once the entire project is ready, it gets released. If a suggestion is posted multiple times, moderators won't do anything with it besides adding the escalated tag and most likely locking it too.

The rules could use an adjustment. If you know the perfect rule for this, feel free to share it.

Reactions: ItsDavey_

skifby2

Novice Member
Apr 21, 2018
Any messages that are blocked but shouldn't be can be forwarded to a staff member and it will be looked into. Keep in mind that there are more people who
Of course you can, but that's not really the point he is making. He just wants to know why a sentence is blocked when it's getting blocked, without having to split up the sentence 10 times and find out what part is causing it.

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
We usually don't know the status of suggestions either. Moderators forward them, management assigns them to a developer, and the developers create them. Once the entire project is ready, it gets released.

Just want to shed a little further light on this, from a development stand-point. If the suggestion or improvement isn't project critical, and for whatever reason looks like it will take too much time or resources to implement, it gets cut. I can't go into more details about the process, and sometimes suggestions can be reworked into a "lite" version of themselves and added in, but ultimately they are usually extras to add into a project, time permitting. This is standard in any development environment, almost as an active defence against feature-creep.

Also I've noticed a lot of people are confused as to why "simple" suggestions / changes aren't added in immediately. As Buuuddy said above, developers don't touch projects until they're assigned. It would be impossible to retain any development structure if people were jumping between things all willy-nilly, so suggestions get stored until the project is being worked on, also a standard development procedure. Plus, oftentimes a "simple" suggestion on the surface very quickly become complex underneath. People often don't realise how much testing needs to be done on a lot of these things, or what other elements these changes affect. ;)

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
^ this.

Occasionally, if it's something minor it becomes possible to fast-track, it would have to be very minor though. Something like party chat colour I could maybe do myself, however I'm more likely to break things than fix them I think :)

In terms of 'calling out' every moderation decision that you disagree with, I know that it often feels like you are being treated harshly or unfairly by the moderation team, this isn't the case. A strict 2 weeks necroposting rule is something that is clear to everyone, using a very fluffy 'except when it makes sense' amendment to that makes that line very blurry and also makes moderators jobs even harder. Generally, if a post hasn't had discussion on it for a while it is usually because the debate has been exhausted already and there are no new points to talk about. Resuscitating the discussion usually doesn't then achieve much, having an active thread isn't really necessary, because when we come to setting up new projects forum search throws up all the relevant threads anyway (This is another reason why suggestion post titles are super important).

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
^ this.

Occasionally, if it's something minor it becomes possible to fast-track, it would have to be very minor though. Something like party chat colour I could maybe do myself, however I'm more likely to break things than fix them I think :)

In terms of 'calling out' every moderation decision that you disagree with, I know that it often feels like you are being treated harshly or unfairly by the moderation team, this isn't the case. A strict 2 weeks necroposting rule is something that is clear to everyone, using a very fluffy 'except when it makes sense' amendment to that makes that line very blurry and also makes moderators jobs even harder. Generally, if a post hasn't had discussion on it for a while it is usually because the debate has been exhausted already and there are no new points to talk about. Resuscitating the discussion usually doesn't then achieve much, having an active thread isn't really necessary, because when we come to setting up new projects forum search throws up all the relevant threads anyway (This is another reason why suggestion post titles are super important).
sooo.... what should I do instead? Repost the entire suggestion? Because that doesn't seem to be effective due to what @Buuuddy said.
Also I've noticed a lot of people are confused as to why "simple" suggestions / changes aren't added in immediately. As Buuuddy said above, developers don't touch projects until they're assigned. It would be impossible to retain any development structure if people were jumping between things all willy-nilly, so suggestions get stored until the project is being worked on, also a standard development procedure. Plus, oftentimes a "simple" suggestion on the surface very quickly become complex underneath. People often don't realise how much testing needs to be done on a lot of these things, or what other elements these changes affect. ;)
I don't know everything about coding but I'm sure as heck changing the party chat color or making the chat filter toggleble in party chat is a whole lot simpler than adding in 2 entirely new games (bingo (which is pretty much dead already), and parkour).

The rules could use an adjustment. If you know the perfect rule for this, feel free to share it.
How about being a little bit more transparent?
Right now, the same issue is being brought up constantly:
Yet I only now got to know none of these suggestions are actually listened to because of a certain way staff handles suggestions which I never heard of until now.
Furthermore, asking for an update on the old thread is against the rules. So, there is no possible way to bring this back to attention.

Reactions: SpankMeSanta
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom