Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Weekly Topic:
Lucky Islands, Quality of Life suggestions!

This topic has been voted by you all to be this weeks topic of discussion.

This is the place to post any small suggestions or links to suggestions
relevant to this topic that you think deserve to be brought to our attention.
Suggestions here will be immortalized and it is encouraged to link suggestions related to the topic here..

(We also appreciate a little explanation as to why you feel it should be implemented/why you like it.)

Welcome!
So we've decided to set a topic for suggestions every week in order to make it clearer what the community wants the most.
Every Saturday, there will be a new thread with one poll to vote on what you think next weeks topic should be, and one open discussion where you can link any suggestion you deem is good and relevant to the weekly topic.

The theme (i.e. extra content..., Quality of life..., extra functionalities..), is more an indication, but please keep suggestions to the subject (eggwars, discord, skywars....)
Please keep discussion of previously mentioned comments to a minimum so as to not obscure the visibility of fellow members replies to this thread.
Suggestions posted in this thread not related to the topic will be deleted.

Feel free to vote for next weeks suggestions here! ( Open: Sunday-Friday)​

Reactions: SanCookie

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Yay, I have been waiting for this.

I would like to talk about the kits there are right now in lucky islands. I think there's a lot wrong with them.

You can't deny this, the Diamond block kit is by FAR the most taken kit in Lucky islands. In my opinion kits should be a part of your playstyle, not just 1 OP kit.
This could have 2 causes, either the diamond block kit is too strong or the others too weak. I think it's a combination of both.

Why is the diamond block kit so much better:
It gives two thing which are essentials in Lucky Islands: Weapons and armor. Without this kit, you are not garantueed to get weapons and armor, which means your chances are significantly lower. That's also the reason why all the other kits are a lot less popular: You are NOT garantueed to get that needed gear.

First solution: Nerfing the diamond kit.
The first solution to this is nerfing the diamond block kit. But how? People will always need to be able to get armor and gear of the start, otherwise they will be completly dependent on their lucky blocks. We could nerf the diamond block kit to an iron block kit.
Note to this: The diamond ore lucky block would be a lot more overpowered then.

Second solution: Buffing the other kits:
Scout - The scout kit costs 250 points and gives you 3 speed potions.

Heavy - The heavy kit costs 400 points and gives you a leather helmet, leather leggings, leather boots and a chain chestplate.

Bomber - The bomber kit costs 450 points and gives you 10 TNT, 2 stone pressure plates and a trap lucky block.

Diamonds - The diamonds kit costs 500 points and gives you a diamond block.

Egg farmer - The egg farmer kit costs 250 points and gives you 16 eggs.

Archer - The archer kit costs 350 points and gives you a bow with 12 arrows.

Lucky - The lucky kit costs 450 points and gives you 2 lucky blocks.

Healer - The healer kit costs 250 points and gives you 3 health potions.

Enchanter - The enchanter kit costs 350 points and gives you an enchanting table, 32 lapis and 32 bottle o’ enchanting.

Miner - The miner kit costs 250 points and gives you a diamond pickaxe.

Barricade - The barricade kit costs 200 points and gives you 8 obsidian and a cage trap.

Wizard - The wizard kit costs 600 points and gives you a random wand.

Tamer - The tamer kit costs 400 points and gives you a pet wolf, snowman and cat.

Villager - The villager kit costs 350 points and gives you 2 villager spawn eggs and 16 emeralds.
Credit to @Foxic
When thinking about these kits, make sure they don't become too OP for rushing in maps like pond.
- Scout kit: I don't know how to buff this, adding a stone sword would make the sword kit useless and make it a very strong kit for rushing. Perhaps a wooden sword? Also, it would be nice if the player tracker gets added to this kit, it fits the name Scout really well.
- Heavy: Just some basic armor, maybe buff this a little bit? Diamond kit gives 9 diamonds -> diamond chestplate: 8 armor and 2 armor toughness. This kit gives 9 armor and 0 armor toughness. That seems balanced, however, this kit gives no weapon. So there can be done either 2 things: Buffing the armor so it would be worth taking the risk of not getting a sword, or add a wooden sword. The last option isn't favourable, since it makes it extremely overpowered for rushing.
- Bomber: Funny for traps, please add a piece of armor with Blast protection.
- Diamonds. :uber_cubelet:
- Egg farmer: This kit gives 16 eggs, it's pretty useless in my opinion. Maybe add a funny weapon like a hoe with Fire aspect I, like in skywars. Otherwise add some sort of armor, just to make this kit more powerful overall.
- Archer: Fine as it is, bow with few arrows. You could add a leather chestplate with projectile protection I.
- Lucky: Good kit if you wanna try your luck! It's a funny addition to Lucky Islands and I use it pretty often if I am not in the mood to tryhard with diamond block.
- Healer: This kit could use a buff, maybe fuse it together with chef to give it 1/2 golden apples and 1-3 healing/regeneration potions? Or maybe just some coloured leather armor.
- Enchanter: Seems good how it is, if you believe in your luck to get a weapon/armor, you can greatly enhance it during the game. Just standard to make it a little bit more viable: Add some basic armor.
- Miner: I have already talked about this before, either give it some ores you can mine or add some other basic tools. Be careful with axes though, they are extremely strong for rushing early (Thanks @SanCookie for pointing this out).
- Barricade: Lol this is absolutely my favourite kit to troll xD Besides that, I don't know, maybe give a small slowness splash potion to make it easier to trap?
- Wizard: Besides the fact that it's kinda overpriced in my opinion, this kit is a guess. Overall doesn't seem better than 9 diamonds in my opinion, so maybe add some splash potions like a real wizard!
- Tamer: Kit seems fine, pets are strong, but without weapons/gear, they won't help you much.
- Villager: Increase the number of villagers to 3-4+. It's happened to me so often that I get only clerics/butchers or some other useless. Also give more emeralds, you can't really buy anything with 16 once you get a good villager. I would say 32 emeralds or more.
- (Edit) Chef: This kit gives you some food, but these 3 steaks don't last long and the bread is usually easy to get in Lucky islands. Maybe change it to 12 steak? Also, you could add some basic armor to add, maybe nerf it to 2 gapples then.

I hope this analysis was useful to you! Let me know what you think!

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
I think 8 diamond ore would be better, at least you'd need to find an iron pickaxe before hand. And with 8 you would have to choose between diamond chestplate or sword+diamond helm
That's a nice idea! I would prefer it to be just 8 diamonds, not ore. If you don't get the pickaxe, you're completly useless. And most people would like to be able to do at least SOMETHING, not being completly dependent on your block drops.
Edit: 7 diamonds would be better then in my opinion, leggings or sword + helmet

Kloska

Duckerator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
-Add more hay bales to the starter island in the map Cactus. There are currently only four on a 3 player map. Usually only one player takes it all and does not share with the other team mates.(if it's a random team mate, I got nice friends c; )
-Add wood logs in the middle of Athens to make it easier to obtain blocks.
(Might add more)

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
There really are some things wrong with Lucky Islands.
Let's start
1. Some animations take up way too long, for example, the Fire sword animation, when this animation is going, I usually ignore it and come back later, when it's done. That doesn't take the fact away that this animation takes up longer than breaking 2 wood log blocks without an axe, it shoudn't take that long imo.
2. Ore veins contain alot of diamonds. All of those diamonds + 9 diamonds from a kit = full diamond armor + sword half of the times. My suggestion? Split the diamonds in the vein to half of it's original amount and replace those diamonds with coal and lapiz, both of those things are commonly need as well.
3. Getting stuck in a beacon bottom. So there's a pyramid with a beacon on Lucky Islands, it's one of the many drops you might get. If you would open a lucky block that's located on a player head's hight, and a beacon spawn, the player will suffocate in the beacon because you can't mine the blocks from the pyramid bottom. (Same for the tower if you don't have a pickaxe)
4. Don't let villagers get turned into witches on blessed mode, I saw this suggestion made by @ImJustPinguin months ago, and I still agree to it because it makes total sense.
5. Poison kit is a loot drop from the lucky blocks. It gives you 2 poison potions, I don't agree to this because poison is way too overpowered, one of the potions is 45 seconds, I would suggest removing this one because it can kill any player with any armor. (mostly with cleaning)
6. Too many packets. Make the texture pack downloadable and not just applying it whenever anyone joins Lucky Islands, because it kicks alot of players from the server by just loading it.
7. Cats are fast and small, well they can be quite usefull, but they are also OP, just a little bit, not my main issue.
8. Last one on my list, team trolling. Half of the things you get from your lucky blocks can troll/kill your teammate. From wands like the Fire breath wand to the TNT wand, to the Fire sword or the poison in the potion kit. Almost everything can be used against your teammates.

Well that was it from me, opinions?

Kloska

Duckerator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
1. Some animations take up way too long, for example, the Fire sword animation, when this animation is going, I usually ignore it and come back later, when it's done. That doesn't take the fact away that this animation takes up longer than breaking 2 wood log blocks without an axe, it shoudn't take that long imo.
Make the time shorter. I agree.
2. Ore veins contain alot of diamonds. All of those diamonds + 9 diamonds from a kit = full diamond armor + sword half of the times. My suggestion? Split the diamonds in the vein to half of it's original amount and replace those diamonds with coal and lapiz, both of those things are commonly need as well.
Agree.
3. Getting stuck in a beacon bottom. So there's a pyramid with a beacon on Lucky Islands, it's one of the many drops you might get. If you would open a lucky block that's located on a player head's hight, and a beacon spawn, the player will suffocate in the beacon because you can't mine the blocks from the pyramid bottom.
I think the best solution is to make the blocks breakable but that the blocks don't drop. That might be impossbile to do cus of all the regular iron blocks should still be breakable.
4. Don't let villagers get turned into witches on blessed mode, I saw this suggestion made by @ImJustPinguin months ago, and I still agree to it because it makes total sense.
Yes. Just do it. (I didn't know about this tho)
5. Poison kit is a loot drop from the lucky blocks. It gives you 2 poison potions, I don't agree to this because poison is way too overpowered, one of the potions is 45 seconds, I would suggest removing this one because it can kill any player with any armor.
Yes. Remove it and replace with some other potion. Maybe a fire aspect potion, 1:30.
6. Too many packets. Make the texture pack downloadable and not just applying it whenever anyone joins Lucky Islands, because it kicks alot of players from the server by just loading it.
idk about that.
7. Cats are fast and small, well they can be quite usefull, but they are also OP, just a little bit, not my main issue.
Make them slower in some way. Idk how.
8. Last one on my list, team trolling. Half of the things you get from your lucky blocks can troll/kill your teammate. From wands like the Fire breath wand to the TNT wand, to the Fire sword or the poison in the potion kit. Almost everything can be used against your teammates.
Make atleast the posion potion, the fire sword and all wands (dragonbreath might be hard tho) not hurt team mates. Agree.

Skyfire_swe

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2017
Sweden
There really are some things wrong with Lucky Islands.
Let's start
3. Getting stuck in a beacon bottom. So there's a pyramid with a beacon on Lucky Islands, it's one of the many drops you might get. If you would open a lucky block that's located on a player head's hight, and a beacon spawn, the player will suffocate in the beacon because you can't mine the blocks from the pyramid bottom. (Same for the tower if you don't have a pickaxe)
5. Poison kit is a loot drop from the lucky blocks. It gives you 2 poison potions, I don't agree to this because poison is way too overpowered, one of the potions is 45 seconds, I would suggest removing this one because it can kill any player with any armor. (mostly with cleaning)

Well that was it from me, opinions?

I agree with everything :)

Skyfire_swe

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2017
Sweden
Yay, I have been waiting for this.

I would like to talk about the kits there are right now in lucky islands. I think there's a lot wrong with them.

You can't deny this, the Diamond block kit is by FAR the most taken kit in Lucky islands. In my opinion kits should be a part of your playstyle, not just 1 OP kit.
This could have 2 causes, either the diamond block kit is too strong or the others too weak. I think it's a combination of both.

Why is the diamond block kit so much better:
It gives two thing which are essentials in Lucky Islands: Weapons and armor. Without this kit, you are not garantueed to get weapons and armor, which means your chances are significantly lower. That's also the reason why all the other kits are a lot less popular: You are NOT garantueed to get that needed gear.

First solution: Nerfing the diamond kit.
The first solution to this is nerfing the diamond block kit. But how? People will always need to be able to get armor and gear of the start, otherwise they will be completly dependent on their lucky blocks. We could nerf the diamond block kit to an iron block kit.
Note to this: The diamond ore lucky block would be a lot more overpowered then.

Second solution: Buffing the other kits:
Scout - The scout kit costs 250 points and gives you 3 speed potions.

Heavy - The heavy kit costs 400 points and gives you a leather helmet, leather leggings, leather boots and a chain chestplate.

Bomber - The bomber kit costs 450 points and gives you 10 TNT, 2 stone pressure plates and a trap lucky block.

Diamonds - The diamonds kit costs 500 points and gives you a diamond block.

Egg farmer - The egg farmer kit costs 250 points and gives you 16 eggs.

Archer - The archer kit costs 350 points and gives you a bow with 12 arrows.

Lucky - The lucky kit costs 450 points and gives you 2 lucky blocks.

Healer - The healer kit costs 250 points and gives you 3 health potions.

Enchanter - The enchanter kit costs 350 points and gives you an enchanting table, 32 lapis and 32 bottle o’ enchanting.

Miner - The miner kit costs 250 points and gives you a diamond pickaxe.

Barricade - The barricade kit costs 200 points and gives you 8 obsidian and a cage trap.

Wizard - The wizard kit costs 600 points and gives you a random wand.

Tamer - The tamer kit costs 400 points and gives you a pet wolf, snowman and cat.

Villager - The villager kit costs 350 points and gives you 2 villager spawn eggs and 16 emeralds.
Credit to @Foxic
When thinking about these kits, make sure they don't become too OP for rushing in maps like pond.
- Scout kit: I don't know how to buff this, adding a stone sword would make the sword kit useless and make it a very strong kit for rushing. Perhaps a wooden sword? Also, it would be nice if the player tracker gets added to this kit, it fits the name Scout really well.
- Heavy: Just some basic armor, maybe buff this a little bit? Diamond kit gives 9 diamonds -> diamond chestplate: 8 armor and 2 armor toughness. This kit gives 9 armor and 0 armor toughness. That seems balanced, however, this kit gives no weapon. So there can be done either 2 things: Buffing the armor so it would be worth taking the risk of not getting a sword, or add a wooden sword. The last option isn't favourable, since it makes it extremely overpowered for rushing.
- Bomber: Funny for traps, please add a piece of armor with Blast protection.
- Diamonds. :uber_cubelet:
- Egg farmer: This kit gives 16 eggs, it's pretty useless in my opinion. Maybe add a funny weapon like a hoe with Fire aspect I, like in skywars. Otherwise add some sort of armor, just to make this kit more powerful overall.
- Archer: Fine as it is, bow with few arrows. You could add a leather chestplate with projectile protection I.
- Lucky: Good kit if you wanna try your luck! It's a funny addition to Lucky Islands and I use it pretty often if I am not in the mood to tryhard with diamond block.
- Healer: This kit could use a buff, maybe fuse it together with chef to give it 1/2 golden apples and 1-3 healing/regeneration potions? Or maybe just some coloured leather armor.
- Enchanter: Seems good how it is, if you believe in your luck to get a weapon/armor, you can greatly enhance it during the game. Just standard to make it a little bit more viable: Add some basic armor.
- Miner: I have already talked about this before, either give it some ores you can mine or add some other basic tools. Be careful with axes though, they are extremely strong for rushing early (Thanks @SanCookie for pointing this out).
- Barricade: Lol this is absolutely my favourite kit to troll xD Besides that, I don't know, maybe give a small slowness splash potion to make it easier to trap?
- Wizard: Besides the fact that it's kinda overpriced in my opinion, this kit is a guess. Overall doesn't seem better than 9 diamonds in my opinion, so maybe add some splash potions like a real wizard!
- Tamer: Kit seems fine, pets are strong, but without weapons/gear, they won't help you much.
- Villager: Increase the number of villagers to 3-4+. It's happened to me so often that I get only clerics/butchers or some other useless. Also give more emeralds, you can't really buy anything with 16 once you get a good villager. I would say 32 emeralds or more.
- (Edit) Chef: This kit gives you some food, but these 3 steaks don't last long and the bread is usually easy to get in Lucky islands. Maybe change it to 12 steak? Also, you could add some basic armor to add, maybe nerf it to 2 gapples then.

I hope this analysis was useful to you! Let me know what you think!

I agree that the diamond kit is far superior to everything else, but I really don’t think it should be nerfed. Instead it would be better to upgrade the other kits, rather than make the only useful kit useless as well. For instance, one should get 2-3 wands in the wizard kit, a bit better armor in “heavy”, more Lucky blocks in ”Lucky” and so on.

The diamond kit is really versatile, since it can be used in many different ways. Nerfing that kit would remove much of the fun of the game for me and put too much weight on getting Lucky with blocks. As it is now, someone who likes sword duelling can choose the Diamond kit, and not open a single block if they want to.

Last edited:

packta

Apr 29, 2016
These are suggestions about the pets.

For both pets, I'd like to see them teleport back to the owner and reset their attack target after engaging in a fight with any mob or player if the owner has moved more than 12 blocks away (the vanilla teleport distance). This will prevent them being easily picked off by another player when they are left behind.

When the knight spawns, wolves will attack it immediately as it is a vanilla behaviour for wolves to attack variants of skeletons. This is annoying as you will lose your pet almost every time even if you choose not to fight the knight. Removing this behaviour or replacing the wither skeleton model with a zombie will resolve this.

Lastly, I'd like for there to be enough time between an ocelot's attacks to safely place and jump on a 2 block high pillar. This will help prevent getting cleaned by a dead owner's ocelot after a fight with another player. It won't effect the actual fight with the player as they can simply knock you off the pillar.

If anything isn't clear feel free to ask.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Since a few of your points didn't propose any fixes, I'll just propose some of mine:
I honestly think the animation itself should stay the way it is, but the item drops as soon as you break the block. The animation is basically an after-effect of the drop, instead of the thing leading up to a drop.
What's your proposed solution?
My pitch is forcing beacons to spawn at foot height, making it impossible for you to get suffocated. (The iron would spawn under your feet, and the beacon would spawn in front of you)
Oh man, this and the damage pots are extremely powerful. I'm okay with the poison pots, but having them last for a shorter while would definitely balance things out a bit. Now, when I say shorter, I mean that it should take you down to like 4 hearts, ensuring that you stand a chance against any full diamond players.
The damage pot is just broken from what I've seen. That combined with poison = free kill.

Cats seem to do as much damage as dogs as far as I can see. They also have about as much health.
What's the problem here?
Well, as you said yourself, they've got a small hitbox and they're incredibly fast. This combined with the artificial AI (I'm guessing it's just the regular cat hunting AI) makes it difficult to hit them since they're pretty unpredictable.
What should happen?
Their speed can stay the same, but the damage and their health needs to be nerfed. That makes them on par with dogs in my opinion.

A

A pigeon

I’d like some netherwart and sugarcane lucky block “farm” type drops similar to the carrot and potato farm. I need this to brew potions.

Next I’d like to suggest changing slime wand to magma wand. It shoots magma cubes whose tiniest forms are agressive.

As for the cat, the problem is its AI and damage. When you kill its owner it enters a “frenzy” mode and consecutively delivers 3 or 4 hits. Thats all that needs a fix.

You should be able to break beacon blocks and iron but they wouldnt drop.

I’d also like a dedicated redstone kit, a mob spawner kit and a spiderman kit. I like Lezappen’s idea for diamond kit nerf.

I’d also like more armour lucky blocks - chain and iron.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I think the best solution is to make the blocks breakable but that the blocks don't drop. That might be impossbile to do cus of all the regular iron blocks should still be breakable.
My pitch is forcing beacons to spawn at foot height, making it impossible for you to get suffocated. (The iron would spawn under your feet, and the beacon would spawn in front of you)
I personally don't feel like this needs changing, if your head is 1 block away from a lucky block you are too close, same for watch towers, keep your distance. Another solution would be to push the player away slightly when it spawns.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Since a few of your points didn't propose any fixes, I'll just propose some of mine:

I honestly think the animation itself should stay the way it is, but the item drops as soon as you break the block. The animation is basically an after-effect of the drop, instead of the thing leading up to a drop.

Oh man, this and the damage pots are extremely powerful. I'm okay with the poison pots, but having them last for a shorter while would definitely balance things out a bit. Now, when I say shorter, I mean that it should take you down to like 4 hearts, ensuring that you stand a chance against any full diamond players.
The damage pot is just broken from what I've seen. That combined with poison = free kill.

Cats seem to do as much damage as dogs as far as I can see. They also have about as much health.
What's the problem here?
Well, as you said yourself, they've got a small hitbox and they're incredibly fast. This combined with the artificial AI (I'm guessing it's just the regular cat hunting AI) makes it difficult to hit them since they're pretty unpredictable.
What should happen?
Their speed can stay the same, but the damage and their health needs to be nerfed. That makes them on par with dogs in my opinion.
I agree to all of these fixes, I didn't really think it through because I made a huge thread a couple of months ago about it and the fixes were listed there, should have put a link to it (Here's the link if you want to see the thread).

I’d like some netherwart and sugarcane lucky block “farm” type drops similar to the carrot and potato farm. I need this to brew potions.
Good for me, the potato and carrot farm alone are, imo, not alot, like you said, they should add more things like netherwart and sugarcane, but maybe also a wheat farm or things simular to those things
Next I’d like to suggest changing slime wand to magma wand. It shoots magma cubes whose tiniest forms are agressive.
This would be a little bit too op, because there can be alot of small slimes already when someone shoots slime at you once, imagine this when the opponent has 2 or more slime wands. That would be a fast death.

I’d also like a dedicated redstone kit, a mob spawner kit and a spiderman kit. I like Lezappen’s idea for diamond kit nerf.
Yes please! It's almost impossible to trap on Lucky Islands.

I don't think that kit should be nerfed.

I’d also like more armour lucky blocks - chain and iron.
Yeah, armor is quite rare sometimes :/

I personally don't feel like this needs changing, if your head is 1 block away from a lucky block you are too close, same for watch towers, keep your distance. Another solution would be to push the player away slightly when it spawns.
I like the "push" idea, but this could be unfair when the player stands close to the void and that would push them in the void, so I'd rather give it a no.
Being able to break the block from the beacon without it dropping anything is a good solution, I think, and yeah, keeping distance is the only thing we can do if we don't have a pickaxe then. I mean, you can mine a stone brick before suffocating in it (from the tower).

D

Deleted member 352903

Maybe a way to have a kit be automatically set for you in every game. + a random kit option which can also be set to automatically be set every game.
Add this to all games
Edit O nvm u already said that, I thought u were suggesting it for li

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
Add this to all games
Edit O nvm u already said that, I thought u were suggesting it for li
No I was suggesting it for li xD I meant that the u could also set "random kit" as automatic just like u could set any other kit. But yeah it'd be nice for all gamemodes.
When i say "game" I usually mean matches.

A

A pigeon

No I was suggesting it for li xD I meant that the u could also set "random kit" as automatic just like u could set any other kit. But yeah it'd be nice for all gamemodes.
When i say "game" I usually mean matches.
I’d like thatz

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

marshduck11 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday fellow duck!
Thjis wrote on Kloska's profile.
TimBDay.jpeg

Happy Bday Tim :)
Closing in on 30!
RobinDn wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.
Happy Birthday!