Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Skyfire_swe

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2017
Sweden
Maybe a way to have a kit be automatically set for you in every game. + a random kit option which can also be set to automatically be set every game.

Or wait, maybe I misunderstood. Do you mean that one shouldn’t be able to choose kit, or that there should be a random kit OPTION?

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
Or wait, maybe I misunderstood. Do you mean that one shouldn’t be able to choose kit, or that there should be a random kit OPTION?
No you can choose any kit you want as it is now. Then you would have the OPTION to choose "random kit".
And then the first thing I suggested was to have a kit set to automatically be chosen for every match unless manually done otherwise. This "automatic" setting could also be done on the "random kit" option.
Sorry for the confusion ^^

Reactions: Skyfire_swe

AlonsoAliaga

Novice Member
Mar 1, 2017
People complaining about the diamond block kit, yes it gives you armor (pants) and weapon (sword).
But consider that it also takes one of the most valuable element in game: TIME
You have to craft them, you spend that time crafting instead of breaking lucky blocks, or building a bridge to the center.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
People complaining about the diamond block kit, yes it gives you armor (pants) and weapon (sword).
But consider that it also takes one of the most valuable element in game: TIME
You have to craft them, you spend that time crafting instead of breaking lucky blocks, or building a bridge to the center.
Eh, I don't know about you, but it takes me three seconds to craft leggings and a sword (An additional 10 seconds or so if you take the wood needed for sticks into account). If you prioritize doing that at the beginning of the game, you won't have to worry about a surprise attack since you'll be able to defend yourself nicely. Breaking lucky blocks isn't essential, so really don't have to worry about them.
Just because you lose ~13 seconds of time, doesn't make the kit balanced. Especially if you're crafting in a safe environment.

Reactions: Shallidor

Kloska

Duckerator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
Lower or remove the high towers and the portal in the middle of the solo map Portal. (to prevent camping, just as you did in nest)

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Lower or remove the high towers and the portal in the middle of the solo map Portal. (to prevent camping, just as you did in nest)
I agree with this so much!

This also gets me on to something else which I would like to suggest.
About the Grappling Hook bow + elytra.
If a person has these he can just endlessly fly around and it's just sooooo annoying and almost impossible to deal with.
I don't have a good idea to fix this, maybe disable elytras after using grappling hook bow?
Also, if people have a shield wand with the mentioned combo, it's even harder to deal with, because:
If you finally get them below the map, they use elytra -> shield wand -> charge up grappling hook bow and use it -> easy escape.

A

A pigeon

I agree with this so much!

This also gets me on to something else which I would like to suggest.
About the Grappling Hook bow + elytra.
If a person has these he can just endlessly fly around and it's just sooooo annoying and almost impossible to deal with.
I don't have a good idea to fix this, maybe disable elytras after using grappling hook bow?
Also, if people have a shield wand with the mentioned combo, it's even harder to deal with, because:
If you finally get them below the map, they use elytra -> shield wand -> charge up grappling hook bow and use it -> easy escape.
Lol please. Its a fun strategy and nobody does this, I’d know that because there is a lag back bug which prevents this exact thing from happening.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Lol please. Its a fun strategy and nobody does this, I’d know that because there is a lag back bug which prevents this exact thing from happening.
Really? I have this problem a lot, for example in the map Western (got it this week again so it's not fixed or bugged I think).
Last enemy had grappling hook bow and elytra and I had no ender pearls and no grappling hook bow. I was just unable to get into a fight, literally every time I safe bridged to the last player, he flew away. This for 20+ minutes until I finally caught him because all islands were connected with safe bridges.
So you call that a fun strategy? That's not even a strategy anymore. It's just avoiding fights until the other person leaves.
Sure, you can just /leave, but that only encourages that way of playing so I don't want to do that.

Skyfire_swe

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2017
Sweden

Fun? For who? It is one thing to use a defensive approach against a stronger enemy, and something else entirely to avoid fighting altogether and hope for the other player to fall down or rage quit. The grappling + elytra combo is terrible to face. I believe I’ve seen shield wands high up in the air, probably after grappling hook or elytra, but agree on that it’s quite uncommon.

A

A pigeon

Fun? For who? It is one thing to use a defensive approach against a stronger enemy, and something else entirely to avoid fighting altogether and hope for the other player to fall down or rage quit. The grappling + elytra combo is terrible to face. I believe I’ve seen shield wands high up in the air, probably after grappling hook or elytra, but agree on that it’s quite uncommon.
Shoot them with a frozen bow. If possible launch a barrage of bomb arrows. Its hard but not impossible. They can only fly for 7 miniutes.

Skyfire_swe

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2017
Sweden
Shoot them with a frozen bow. If possible launch a barrage of bomb arrows. Its hard but not impossible. They can only fly for 7 miniutes.

It is almost impossible to hit a flying player with an arrow in the air. Destroying the shield wand with a explosive bow is meaningless since they will just fly away. Sure, I usually win after like 10-25 minutes of mindless chasing, but they stole that time from me.

If you and these players think this is so fun, I suggest that you create an own server with the game mode “elytra camper”. One player has elytra and grapple hook bow, and the other player will try to catch them. But please refrain from superimposing that game mode on pvp-game modes on Cubecraft. It’s pure trolling and camping.

Last edited:

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
I think reducing the elytras durability by 60% would be a better fix.
Still doesn't entirely fix the problem. Usually people don't fly much, it's the grappling hook that causes the huge leap. I think reducing the durability of grappling hooks bows to 3/4 shots would be better, just like the old explosive bow. Even without elytra, people can avoid fights for a long time using the grappling hook bow, if they have enough arrows.

A

A pigeon

If you and these players think this is so fun, I suggest that you create an own server with the game mode “elytra camper”. One player has elytra and grapple hook bow, and the other player will try to catch them. But please refrain superimposing that game mode on pvp-game modes on Cubecraft. It’s pure trolling and camping.
I’m going to go do just that.
I think reducing the elytras durability by 60% would be a better fix.
Reduce the Elytra durability to 20% since thats about 1 ish miniutes of flight which is enough

Skyfire_swe

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2017
Sweden
Still doesn't entirely fix the problem. Usually people don't fly much, it's the grappling hook that causes the huge leap. I think reducing the durability of grappling hooks bows to 3/4 shots would be better, just like the old explosive bow. Even without elytra, people can avoid fights for a long time using the grappling hook bow, if they have enough arrows.

You have a point, but I would prefer to keep it as it is. The cool down is quite long and I personally love that bow to bits! :)

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
You have a point, but I would prefer to keep it as it is. The cool down is quite long and I personally love that bow to bits! :)
Yes, but it could be abused. If you have 2 grappling hooks books and 20+ arrows, you're just uncatchable. Luckily I don't see much persons doing that.
Let's just stick with the durability reduce of the elytra as a first step I would say :)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
ur pfp old ign :D
endertom100 wrote on Borgnath's profile.
Happy Birthdayyy!!!!! ^-^
endertom100 wrote on h2hl's profile.
Welcome!!! we hope you enjoy it while your here!!!! ^-^
Reesle wrote on h2hl's profile.
Welcome to the Forums!! You’re cool for joining 😎
Reesle wrote on Borgnath's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom