Votes: 15 46.9%
  • No

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
No.
There's a higher percentage of players which dislike the new PvP cooldown. If Cubecraft wants to keep players, removing the cooldown would be the first place to start.
They wont do it.....
They don't care that much.... about having less players they care more about the fun in playing......

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
As you know in 1.9 weapons now have cooldown. In Minecraft 1.9.2 you can bypass this. If you give a player haste of 255 for unlimited time, the weapons cooldown disappears. Also you can make the particles invisible to avoid them being annoying. I think Cubecraft should make a plugin which gives players within PvP haste on the maximum level, this would remove the cooldowns and make players happy. Thanks

Camezonda
So, here's my opinion. Although I'm significantly better at 1.9 PvP (My KD Ratio has gone from like 2:1 to 7:1), I still enjoy good old 1.8 PvP better. I always liked trying to win solo and before tower defense came I did it in every team game except Blockwars of course. But with the cooldown this is next to impossible unless they have bad gear and don't know about the cooldown. So yeah this is a +1 from me.

Oh yeah, and P.S. the maximum attack speed has been 2 since Survival Test :)

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
But less players are having fun, due to the cooldown.
Yeah that's right but allot of people need to get used to change.....
Everything changes gets better or worse.... That's life and Games.... (More game updates...)
Well who cares I'm good at both PVP's so if it gets back fine if it stays fine.....

AdamMikhailov

Apr 3, 2016
Earth
People don't like change because the change completely altered combat and it can be strongly argued it was altered for the worse not the better. In general people will like the change, if the change doesn't directly affect a major part of the game or the server. Since combat and PvP is a massive aspect of Minecraft and is incorporated into so many games on CubeCraft, people got annoyed. If the recent change to 1.9 had included all 1.9 features apart from the hit delay I'm pretty certain people wouldn't have been so angry.

I agree with @Camezonda
The hit delay is a critical part of the update though, without that it becomes unbalanced as i said before. Axes become OP and swords become useless, Maybe if they encorperated the full regen it'd be more balanced than it is now. Although the hit delay is fustraiting you get used to it and overall is better for you, and evens play. There has always been a hit delay it just largely hasn't been noticable till now. Although I know most people will be opposed to the new update, just like everything people hate change but change is needed, just like other big changes to other big services after the hate, people will get used to it. If cubecraft was to completely get rid of the cooldown they need to completely backdate the PvP System to 1.8 which will just be worse for the future as people wont be given a chance to get used to the new update, which is why I dont think they will.

However a voting system that allows you to choose may be a better alternative than forcing one or the other. However I agree that everyone should be able to vote, as it is such a game altering feature.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
The hit delay is a critical part of the update though, without that it becomes unbalanced as i said before. Axes become OP and swords become useless, Maybe if they encorperated the full regen it'd be more balanced than it is now. Although the hit delay is fustraiting you get used to it and overall is better for you, and evens play. There has always been a hit delay it just largely hasn't been noticable till now. Although I know most people will be opposed to the new update, just like everything people hate change but change is needed, just like other big changes to other big services after the hate, people will get used to it. If cubecraft was to completely get rid of the haste they need to completely backdate the PvP System to 1.8 which will just be worse for the future, which is why I dont think they will.
Ok, first of all High Pickle and many other servers (I'd like to say 98%+) still have 1.8 or 1.7.10 PvP because they know players enjoy it more. I personally like 1.9, but I still like 1.8 better because it's more about skill than who can perfectly time their clicks and have better gear. And they can change the damage really easily.

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
Mmmk. If they going to do this, than can you also fix the rod hits. If you swinging with your rod, hit doesn't give a hit. Than I can strave again. :D

AdamMikhailov

Apr 3, 2016
Earth
Ok, first of all High Pickle and many other servers (I'd like to say 98%+) still have 1.8 or 1.7.10 PvP because they know players enjoy it more. I personally like 1.9, but I still like 1.8 better because it's more about skill than who can perfectly time their clicks and have better gear. And they can change the damage really easily.
Timing clicks is skill, and Gear should be more important than who is better at running.

AdamMikhailov

Apr 3, 2016
Earth
So basically what you're saying is that survival games and Skywars are 100% luck of the chests and not having any skill... you're literally contradicting yourself.
If you time your clicks better than them, you can beat someone easily. If someone starts spamming clicks then the damage they do to you is pathetic, nomatter what armour your in. Survival games is also fairly luck based anyway and Skywars is more than just chests.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
Adding the cooldown is the biggest mistake that Mojang have made. If future updates remove the cooldown then the plugin can be removed. As you said people don't like change, and want the old minecraft back. Cubecraft updated the server because it would need to happen one day, but also mostly for the new features like, shields, blocks, etc. Cubecraft dislikes the cooldown because its lost a large amount of people playing PvP mini-games. I am one of many who quit the Cubecraft PvP games because of this, I just have fun in the SkyWars lobbies.
I thought it was a) pushing, b) lag.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Of course people wont like it at the start, but removing it wont fix that. It just means that the players will never get used to it, making further updates to the combat system void. Nobody likes change, but it's neccecary to keep the game Interesting and fun to play. Just keep practicing it and you'll get used to it.
Omg people, we have practiced it. Why does everybody think we haven't tried the update and are just hating on us.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom