Status
Not open for further replies.

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
This may change in the future. However, as of now we will no longer be accepting community made maps.

I've closed map submissions due to various reasons. One reason is our current system in selecting maps and changing probabilities. I have to rely on users telling me which maps they don’t want to play, however one person doesn’t always mean the entire server and their opinion might not be the best. So I often have to try an base it off common opinions I see over the weeks using feedback threads, adding more maps only makes this problem worse, since the probability of the map you want to show up gets a lot higher. I know we have a map selector however it just isn’t as efficient as I’d like it to be. For me personally, it isn’t at the best manageable state it can be right now, that doesn’t mean the system won’t be improved in the future.

Next reason is the quality of map submissions, we strive for the highest standards because we are one of the biggest servers in the world, I simply can’t accept every good map I see. I don’t mind some that are just off par, but that creates more work for us, which defeats the purpose of map submissions. Any builder will tell you, it’s quicker starting again and making your own design, than trying to edit somebody elses in their same style. This is one of the main reasons they have been quite neglected in the past year, and we have only accepted 2/3 maps in 2016, as all of those maps required huge amounts of work to edit them.

Majority of submissions are EggWars maps, some are good but just not good enough. SkyWars had over 40 maps and if I accepted every map that looked good we’d have the same problem for EggWars. A lot of the community submitted SkyWars maps which were public, simply weren't good enough and were added at a time when I wasn’t at the position I am now. I don’t want to add maps for the sake of adding maps, I want every map to be different by using layouts and interesting level design, not 20 maps that have a boring circle layout and are just different themes. This is why I was so excited about the SkyWars update, which received a huge map revamp and was well received.

These are some of the reasons I want to close map submissions for now, since I want to keep it within the build team since maps are our passion and we love building. Map submissions may return, I can’t give any ETA as of yet.

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
I don't want to be rude or anything, but is it just me or does this not really make sense?

The main reason is 'It would take too much time to edit the maps so they are a high enough quality' which I understand for 90% of maps, fair enough.

But for the remaining 10% of maps that have been highly supported and upvoted by tons of members (including Builder staff ranks), as well re-edited time and time again by the creators so they're good enough deserve to be added, right?

If a large part of the community thinks the map looks amazing and agrees it would be fun and offer unique gameplay, why would that need editing if it meets all those conditions? At the end of the day the maps are built for the players afterall, so why not give them what they want?

I can provide an example if you think I'm just creating up a super specific scenario here.

Hope I didn't trigger anyone, wasn't my intention : P

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
aww i was actually in the process of making a prison like map for a 3v3 team eggwars map there isnt much 3v3's so and i was building the mid and i thought it seems big enough for a 2v2 or a 3v3 so who knows but sadly i wont be able to sub it oh well i will still build it i have been wanting to build a prison like map for some reason hopefully i will be able to sub it when you accept the submissions i do understand why you did this tho and i do find it a good reason

Reactions: Ping Ether

DocMenios

Jul 21, 2016
In a country
well , that's sad . because the community has some very good builders - members , but if the staff won't to stop the map submissions , then we must obey to them !!

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
This may change in the future. However, as of now we will no longer be accepting community made maps.

I've closed map submissions due to various reasons. One reason is our current system in selecting maps and changing probabilities. I have to rely on users telling me which maps they don’t want to play, however one person doesn’t always mean the entire server and their opinion might not be the best. So I often have to try an base it off common opinions I see over the weeks using feedback threads, adding more maps only makes this problem worse, since the probability of the map you want to show up gets a lot higher. I know we have a map selector however it just isn’t as efficient as I’d like it to be. For me personally, it isn’t at the best manageable state it can be right now, that doesn’t mean the system won’t be improved in the future.

Next reason is the quality of map submissions, we strive for the highest standards because we are one of the biggest servers in the world, I simply can’t accept every good map I see. I don’t mind some that are just off par, but that creates more work for us, which defeats the purpose of map submissions. Any builder will tell you, it’s quicker starting again and making your own design, than trying to edit somebody elses in their same style. This is one of the main reasons they have been quite neglected in the past year, and we have only accepted 2/3 maps in 2016, as all of those maps required huge amounts of work to edit them.

Majority of submissions are EggWars maps, some are good but just not good enough. SkyWars had over 40 maps and if I accepted every map that looked good we’d have the same problem for EggWars. A lot of the community submitted SkyWars maps which were public, simply weren't good enough and were added at a time when I wasn’t at the position I am now. I don’t want to add maps for the sake of adding maps, I want every map to be different by using layouts and interesting level design, not 20 maps that have a boring circle layout and are just different themes. This is why I was so excited about the SkyWars update, which received a huge map revamp and was well received.

These are some of the reasons I want to close map submissions for now, since I want to keep it within the build team since maps are our passion and we love building. Map submissions may return, I can’t give any ETA as of yet.

>:( I WORKED FOR 8 FREAKING MONTHS AND I GET THIS

Guinchuu

Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2016
Cubecraft Inc.
www.cubecraft.net
I think many people know that most of the maps that are presented are not accepted, even if they are very good maps. I fully understand what said @Efcluke94. The section of the forum could continue to exist if this (Minecraft Creations) dont exist, as it is a good way for a builder to be known in the community, and can become part of the staff in the future. I'm sorry to people who may be sad, but as explained in the post, it is a good idea to end the section. :(

:):p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom