• No

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • I don't report people

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

Yaanniicck

Sep 19, 2016
The Netherlands
or you could just say "gangsterboi21 don't swear." It's actually less symbols to type it out then to use the command. This command would effectively make you type even more.

tumblr_mbg6zdDXqy1r79k9c.gif
what he say!

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
I don't mind having a command, it makes it look more professional and slightly more intimidating to be honest, and may actually stop people from breaking the rules, rather than having people saying something like this:

Player 1: $#%@!
Me: 1/2 Swearing, Player 1
Player 1: YOU MINI-MOD $%#@!

This command may enforce the rules more and make people actually realise that they will be reported and it is actually NOT mini-modding! This command is not exactly necessary of course, but I would prefer having it than being called out for mini-modding.

Reactions: Tomasito

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
To all people complaining that it can be "abused" no, just no.
Chat can be abused in general, so that's not a point.
Also even if it were a great huge ginormous deal a simple cooldown of the command would fix it.
Your argument is invalid.

Reactions: Despacito 2

Tomasito

Apr 23, 2016
Netherlands
To all people complaining that it can be "abused" no, just no.
Chat can be abused in general, so that's not a point.
Also even if it were a great huge ginormous deal a simple cooldown of the command would fix it.
Your argument is invalid.

> Chat can be abused in general

I think that's the reason why "manual" chat warnings are often ignored; the rule breaker has no clue if he's being trolled or actually warned. The /warning command should differentiate itself from normal chat on two things: format and authority. For example, format being a red font and authority giving the /warning permissions only to a subset of the community.

If the command is misused, it might lose some important power. And if that happens, the gap between regular chat and the /warning command gets really narrow.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
The only way i can see this abused is chat spam but thats kind of irrelevant as you could spam anything

Now if you say someone could get falsely banned/ muted, you still need the evidence, the command does nothing really

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
> Chat can be abused in general

I think that's the reason why "manual" chat warnings are often ignored; the rule breaker has no clue if he's being trolled or actually warned. The /warning command should differentiate itself from normal chat on two things: format and authority. For example, format being a red font and authority giving the /warning permissions only to a subset of the community.

If the command is misused, it might lose some important power. And if that happens, the gap between regular chat and the /warning command gets really narrow.
That's why we need to think of a way to keep players scared of this command.

Redstqne

Dec 7, 2016
aisle 7 in Walmart
With some other limitations to prevent spamming and false accusations, I think this could possibly work! If someone gets a lot of reports for the same reason, it will raise gaff suspicion and maybe they will check out to see if the player really is hacking, swearing, teaming, etc.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
With some other limitations to prevent spamming and false accusations, I think this could possibly work! If someone gets a lot of reports for the same reason, it will raise gaff suspicion and maybe they will check out to see if the player really is hacking, swearing, teaming, etc.
It's not a report command.
It's a warning.

Rakion

Aug 2, 2016
or you could just say "gangsterboi21 don't swear." It's actually less symbols to type it out then to use the command. This command would effectively make you type even more.

tumblr_mbg6zdDXqy1r79k9c.gif
Yes but maybe, beside you saying it in public chat, by warning it can give the illusion it's a lot more serious so the effectiveness is better.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I don't mind having a command, it makes it look more professional and slightly more intimidating to be honest, and may actually stop people from breaking the rules, rather than having people saying something like this:

Player 1: $#%@!
Me: 1/2 Swearing, Player 1
Player 1: YOU MINI-MOD $%#@!

This command may enforce the rules more and make people actually realise that they will be reported and it is actually NOT mini-modding! This command is not exactly necessary of course, but I would prefer having it than being called out for mini-modding.
but then again nobody ever really accuses anybody of mini-modding nobody really cares about that rule just saying
even the staff have given up on it, case and point there is nothing for reporting that out of the offences in the new report section

Reactions: Tomasito

_RoyqL

Jan 5, 2017
In My Room
Think that this command will be very useful cause I usually see people saying offensive things to me and other players

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Kloska's profile.
happy birthday!!
dvodany wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday klos! :heart:
Frontlane wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday! Welcome to club 21 😎
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday!!
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #53-
Iron golems can kill villagers.
Top Bottom