Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

S41F

Jul 7, 2016
Also to others that have not bought a rank vanity points are solo valuable, so really if you get 500/week (for me) then you can redeem your vanity points 1/month so 2k vanity=4k normal??
and vise versa so that way stone ranks still have a chance to earn a little vanity points

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I believe servers got contacted by Mojang about it or something, not sure though. You would have to ask Joe.
I'm aware that Mojang contacted servers when it started to strictly enforce the EULA in April. I just re-read it again and nowhere does it state that Cubelets cannot be given out from voting. EULA was last changed on May 31st, not in August as Joe Henry said. Here's the following EULA section about servers (not counting charge for access, since Cube allows anyone on w/o additional charge):

Therefore, if you comply with and follow the Brand and Asset Usage Guidelines and Naming Guidelines above YOU MAY:
  • ask for donations (as opposed to direct charges) IF you do not offer the individual donor something in exchange that only he or she can use. You may offer server wide rewards if donation goals are achieved though. Check. Donating doesn't give any advantageous perks in minigames.
  • sell cosmetic items, except for "Capes", IF the item sold does not give a user an unfair gameplay advantage over anyone else on the server - i.e there can be no "pay to win". Check. This is included in ranks and in cubelets.
  • sell positive effects or enhancements (other than "Capes") IF everyone on the server is positively affected in exactly the same way. Check. Last time I checked Cube sold only minis, amplifiers, and ranks.
  • provide in-game advertising opportunities, sponsorships, or product placement for 3rd parties IF they don't degrade or interfere with gameplay or give a user an unfair gameplay advantage over anyone else on the server. Check. I haven't seen any 3rd parties come into Cube and promote themselves on this network since March 2016. Correct me if I am wrong.
  • use in-game currencies IF (i) they are "soft currencies" i.e. a currency earned or expended only through gameplay that has no real world value and that cannot be cashed out, used or transferred across free or paid servers, or converted into "credits"; and (ii) you don't give the impression that it comes from or is associated with Mojang. Check.

According to this, this means Cube cannot even do a points-to-vanity conversion and vice versa. However, Cube can reward vanity points to winners in minigames. Maybe the formula can work by taking the total number of points awarded to the player during the game and then 1% of that is given as vanity. Let's use @Monada 's example (1 vanity = 100 points).

For example, let's say I get 100 points in 1 game when the game is over. That means I get 1 vanity along with the 100 points. If I get 80 points in a different game, I get 0.8 vanity.

Also note that cubelets don't give any kits or points. Therefore, there is no unfair advantage in minigames since cubelets give only cosmetics for lobby use.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
I'm aware that Mojang contacted servers when it started to strictly enforce the EULA in April. I just re-read it again and nowhere does it state that Cubelets cannot be given out from voting. EULA was last changed on May 31st, not in August as Joe Henry said. Here's the following EULA section about servers (not counting charge for access, since Cube allows anyone on w/o additional charge):

Therefore, if you comply with and follow the Brand and Asset Usage Guidelines and Naming Guidelines above YOU MAY:
  • ask for donations (as opposed to direct charges) IF you do not offer the individual donor something in exchange that only he or she can use. You may offer server wide rewards if donation goals are achieved though. Check. Donating doesn't give any advantageous perks in minigames.
  • sell cosmetic items, except for "Capes", IF the item sold does not give a user an unfair gameplay advantage over anyone else on the server - i.e there can be no "pay to win". Check. This is included in ranks and in cubelets.
  • sell positive effects or enhancements (other than "Capes") IF everyone on the server is positively affected in exactly the same way. Check. Last time I checked Cube sold only minis, amplifiers, and ranks.
  • provide in-game advertising opportunities, sponsorships, or product placement for 3rd parties IF they don't degrade or interfere with gameplay or give a user an unfair gameplay advantage over anyone else on the server. Check. I haven't seen any 3rd parties come into Cube and promote themselves on this network since March 2016. Correct me if I am wrong.
  • use in-game currencies IF (i) they are "soft currencies" i.e. a currency earned or expended only through gameplay that has no real world value and that cannot be cashed out, used or transferred across free or paid servers, or converted into "credits"; and (ii) you don't give the impression that it comes from or is associated with Mojang. Check.

According to this, this means Cube cannot even do a points-to-vanity conversion and vice versa. However, Cube can reward vanity points to winners in minigames. Maybe the formula can work by taking the total number of points awarded to the player during the game and then 1% of that is given as vanity. Let's use @Monada 's example (1 vanity = 100 points).

For example, let's say I get 100 points in 1 game when the game is over. That means I get 1 vanity along with the 100 points. If I get 80 points in a different game, I get 0.8 vanity.

Also note that cubelets don't give any kits or points. Therefore, there is no unfair advantage in minigames since cubelets give only cosmetics for lobby use.
You should probably contact an owner or Mojang if you have any questions/concerns about it, I'm not an expert with this.

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
Hey There,

Everyone with a Rank knows that after a while you can't use your Vanity Points anymore because you bought everything you can. So I was thinking why can't you turn Vanity Points into Normal Points for kits.
It would be like:
10.000 Vanity Points = 500 Normal Points. (or anything else)

It would be nice because I've like 45.000 Vanity Points and I can't do anything with it and I can really use Normal Points for FFA, SG, SW and Tower Defense. It's also an extra perk everyone with a Rank gets.

Tell me what you think.

- Netflix_Addicted -
I'm 99% sure this is against the eula since this would count as buying currency to translate it into ingame currency. Also why not work for the points if you have a rank, I mean if you are gold or higher you could even chose what mode you play.

If you break a rule made by EULA server can become blacklisted until those feautures are taken out.

Mac

Forum Expert
Nov 24, 2015
To confirm whats already been said in this thread, converting vanity points to normal points is against the EULA.

We are working on more ways for you to spend your vanity points though!

The_Supermarket

Dedicated Member
Oct 3, 2015
Westervoort
Hey There,

Everyone with a Rank knows that after a while you can't use your Vanity Points anymore because you bought everything you can. So I was thinking why can't you turn Vanity Points into Normal Points for kits.
It would be like:
10.000 Vanity Points = 500 Normal Points. (or anything else)

It would be nice because I've like 45.000 Vanity Points and I can't do anything with it and I can really use Normal Points for FFA, SG, SW and Tower Defense. It's also an extra perk everyone with a Rank gets.

Tell me what you think.

- Netflix_Addicted -
I already suggest this... but it is against the EULA, because Diamond, Emerald & Obsidian people can get a lot of vanity pionts. Its unfair for the Stone rank players in the server

Reactions: mathwhizkid
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
Top Bottom