Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Banwave

Mar 12, 2020
Examption from the current rules:

1.2 - Use of illegal clients or mods (Cheating)​

Any client/mod that provides a distinct, gameplay-changing advantage is illegal.
[...]
Punishment track: 7 day ban (Sentinel only) → 30 day ban → Permanent ban
Ok so far, but can we make it so that either with the first or second ban all statistic will be deleted? As they made their progress by cheating it should be taking away.

Reactions: chloe5905

We1rdPenguin

May 6, 2020
I feel if they do this, it should be second ban, this is because false bans happen, but two are very unlikely

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I don't agree. First of all most cheaters only get the chance to cheat for a really short time before getting banned, meaning they will only win a few games with cheats. This won't really impact any leaderboards or things like that, so I don't see the point of resetting their statistics. Upon that there are false bans sometimes. And also, imagine if your account gets hacked and someone uses cheats on it, which happens sometimes. It would be really unfair if your statistics would be deleted.

We1rdPenguin

May 6, 2020
I don't agree. Most cheaters only get the chance to cheat for a really short time before getting banned, meaning they will only win a few games with cheats. This won't really impact any leaderboards or things like that, so I don't see the point of adding this. Upon that there also are false ban. And also, imagine if your account gets hacked and someone uses cheats on it, which happens sometimes. It would be really unfair if your statistics would be deleted.
yeah, but it' hard to ban antikb or 3.2 block reach with ping spoof

Reactions: chloe5905

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I feel if they do this, it should be second ban, this is because false bans happen, but two are very unlikely
Two aren't unlikely at all, I know people who've been falsely banned for 5 times and those aren't exceptions.

As for the suggestion, I don't agree because false bans are quite common and it'd be unfair if players would have their statistics reset due to their unfair ban.

Banwave

Mar 12, 2020
This won't really impact any leaderboards or things like that, so I don't see the point of resetting their statistics
It's not about the leaderboard but about the principle.
Two aren't unlikely at all, I know people who've been falsely banned for 5 times and those aren't exceptions.
That is no problem, just make it so that 1. the person is informed about his high score about to be deleted 2. the person is given time to appeal. Given they cooperate stats may not be deleted...

Banwave

Mar 12, 2020
removing stats of someone is quite a bit of work,
Really?
Well I don't know your database structure. But assuming it is one entry per player it's just:
DELETE FROM playerStats WHERE name ="cheatingperson420";
You could also modify the ban command so that you transfer a parameter marking the entry of the player to be deleted in say 14 days. Enough time to appeal the ban.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Really?
Well I don't know your database structure. But assuming it is one entry per player it's just:
DELETE FROM playerStats WHERE name ="cheatingperson420";
You could also modify the ban command so that you transfer a parameter marking the entry of the player to be deleted in say 14 days. Enough time to appeal the ban.
i have absolutely no idea how it works, what i do know is that's it manually done by a developer if a player is caught winfarming.

funkemunky

Aug 11, 2018
Murica
yeah, but it' hard to ban antikb or 3.2 block reach with ping spoof

Oof just you wait my friend I've done it before :)))))))
(Also yes Sentinel already gets a lot of ghost-client like cheats).
Try testing on us.kauri.ac if you're curious.

additionally, removing stats of someone is quite a bit of work, would be a waste of dev resources to clear their stats. we ban _a lot_ of players for cheating on a daily base.

The suggestion is it would be automatic and only done when its a permanent ban. And if this were to be implemented what we'd likely do is make the data hidden instead of deleting it incase their appeal is accepted.

Reactions: Josher
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

we want cubecraft 2023 :(
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Top Bottom