• Yes (Who the heck would say no?!)

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
So I, like many others, have been false banned off the server. Denied appeals, you, reading this, have already heard this before. Once, twice, or multiple times before. I suggest changing the anticheat. I was recently told by a managment member that the anticheat is always getting updates. Ok fine, but if someone is false banned, they shouldn’t have to wait, and not only that, but have their appeal denied. So I was lagging, fine. Then I got kicked, then rejoined, then ban. Best I can explain it. But wait... I was banned because of what? It doesn’t specify.
I suggest:

If possible, make sentinel actually say why you were banned so you know what you did wrong or if you did anything wrong.

I know CrazyManJr is the one that does the appeals with sentinel (or at least to my knowledge) this goes to him, but maybe he should consider appeals. Especially since my video evidence should like a minute before I was banned.

Also, hust update the anti cheat... like come on. I get banned for lag, not hacks, mid game. A fly hacker, actual hacks, doesn’t get banned mid game. You see what is going on here?

I have rarely seen an actual hacker get banned mid game. Only legit players getting false bans.

Summary: Just about the anticheat... you know what I mean. No jokes please.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
It would help players by making an appeal, however, to my knowledge, it is difficult to develop as the reasoning of the ban will never be perfect as well. For now, players can describe what they were doing before getting banned.

:confused1:
It could be like “you have been removed from the game due to (high cps, suspicious _____)”
Also, read the entire few sentences instead of reading just the one part of “Only legit players getting false bans”

Reactions: CommunistCactus

SrKlompenstein

Forum Expert
Oct 21, 2015
Veluwe
Also, read the entire few sentences instead of reading just the one part of “Only legit players getting false bans”
The other part of the thread is about your "false" ban and other related stuff. I replied on your suggestion, and not on the side issues which was actually completely unnecessary to add. Read my message again, please. :)
Also, understand that updating an anti-cheat can be quite difficult as it will never be perfect - even after an update.

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
There is a massive issue with telling players what exactly they were banned for, namely that this highlights to cheat client developers exactly what it is that we are checking for, allowing them to create more effective bypasses much quicker. While it's true that Sentinel will occasionally falsely flag a player for cheating, the appeal process is intended to help us identify and correct when this happens. That is why it is super important to put as much detail into your appeal as possible, what you were doing leading up to your ban, however insignificant you think it is, could help explain the logs that we have. Unfortunately, most sentinel appeals amount to "I wasn't cheating" or a string of expletives directed at either Sentinel, CubeCraft or Moderators, even just "I was lagging" by itself isn't that useful (we can see from the logs what your ping was at the time).

We do our best to make sure that all new detections are vetted and checked before they are deployed, there are always edge cases and, contrary to popular belief, if you've actually been falsely banned we want that to be corrected asap as well.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
The ac is updated each time a moderator bans someone with the reason hacks, so like every hour a couple of times. (If I'm correct) Also, a good ac is very, very hard to develop and every ac makes mistakes. And why would we say where they are banned for? Like, if a client maker gets banned while testing his client he could inmediatly make a bypass.

mastanub

Aug 26, 2016
Anticheat gets regularly updated. They have patched longjump, airwalk and teleport recently. smh my head

wbgamer

Novice Member
Sep 8, 2017
There is a massive issue with telling players what exactly they were banned for, namely that this highlights to cheat client developers exactly what it is that we are checking for, allowing them to create more effective bypasses much quicker. While it's true that Sentinel will occasionally falsely flag a player for cheating, the appeal process is intended to help us identify and correct when this happens. That is why it is super important to put as much detail into your appeal as possible, what you were doing leading up to your ban, however insignificant you think it is, could help explain the logs that we have. Unfortunately, most sentinel appeals amount to "I wasn't cheating" or a string of expletives directed at either Sentinel, CubeCraft or Moderators, even just "I was lagging" by itself isn't that useful (we can see from the logs what your ping was at the time).

We do our best to make sure that all new detections are vetted and checked before they are deployed, there are always edge cases and, contrary to popular belief, if you've actually been falsely banned we want that to be corrected asap as well.

Can I ask you something ? on 2 april i was trying a new build technic ( jump and place 2 blocks when you falling with only 2 cps and repeat ) in blockwars and while i was doing it i got ban for a week! i don't think it not legit anyways i made a good appeal but CrazyManJr denied it and my conversation was closed .if you can please check my logs and tell me why i was banned ? or what should i do now .

sorry for my bad english
and thanks

more informations
ban msg
https://appeals.cubecraft.net/find_appeals/sapper85
Screenshot (1).png

my normal ping :
130ms
last thing i did before banned me :
placing blocks in blockwars.
build technic :
something like that in the video
version : 1.12.2
mods : only optifine

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Then you are trying to be a Debby downer

To tell the, to update Sentinel is like to tell them to ban a hacker
Completely redundant as it Is does reguardless
What kind of analogy is this? If they were to update sentinel, then maybe it might help with false bans. That’s just how I see it I guess. Have you been false banned? If no, then do you know how annoying it is? It really is annoying.
Also, I was just informing that I take jokes seriously now. Doesn’t mean i’m being a debbie downer.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Why @CrazymanJR hasn’t thought about updating it yet? I think he’s just extremly lazy. Updating an anticheat is as easy as writing this:
Code:
public void update(){
return UpdateAnticheat;
}

With this chunk of code we can forget about manually updating/patching the anticheat. The little elf who makes computers work will notice a player is hacking and will magically patch the exploit. :)

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
Can I ask you something ? on 2 april i was trying a new build technic ( jump and place 2 blocks when you falling with only 2 cps and repeat ) in blockwars and while i was doing it i got ban for a week! i don't think it not legit anyways i made a good appeal but CrazyManJr denied it and my conversation was closed .if you can please check my logs and tell me why i was banned ? or what should i do now .

sorry for my bad english
and thanks

more informations
ban msg
https://appeals.cubecraft.net/find_appeals/sapper85
View attachment 144812
my normal ping :
130ms
last thing i did before banned me :
placing blocks in blockwars.
build technic :
something like that in the video
version : 1.12.2
mods : only optifine
What, lmao, you don't even hack, why did they ban you lmao

schot

Dec 12, 2017
i got false banned to but cube dont care about you and won't unban you trust mee

3th time false banned*

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
What kind of analogy is this? If they were to update sentinel, then maybe it might help with false bans. That’s just how I see it I guess. Have you been false banned? If no, then do you know how annoying it is? It really is annoying.
Also, I was just informing that I take jokes seriously now. Doesn’t mean i’m being a debbie downer.
Also look at you’re poll choices

If you take jokes seriously and don’t want anyone to reply
Then why are you adding jokes in your polls
THat is just being hypocritical

Anyways my point is the same reguardless or the analogy
They are going to update it reguardless it is really Just pointless to ask them to do it if they already do

Usually they just don’t say they are
Because that just tells people to try and update their hacked client

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom