Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Decrease the border shrinking speed in the Nether?

• Total voters

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Oh well, would you look at this:
2017-07-21_22.05.59.png

Yup. I finally made it to the Nether, only to be disappointed by the fact that the border has already swollen it.

My suggestion is simple: Decrease the shrinking speed of the border in the Nether, since right now, most of the time it's not worth it even going there.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Well, here's what I'm thinking.

1 block in the Nether is equivalent to 8 blocks in the overworld.
So, realistically, the border speed in the nether would have to go 1/8 of the speed it is going now if it were to be mathematically correct when you're comparing it to the overworld.
Basically for every 8 blocks the border travels in the overworld, it travels 1 block in the Nether.

That's really my reasoning right there.
Make that change and I'll be happy.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Well, here's what I'm thinking.

1 block in the Nether is equivalent to 8 blocks in the overworld.
So, realistically, the border speed in the nether would have to go 1/8 of the speed it is going now if it were to be mathematically correct when you're comparing it to the overworld.
Basically for every 8 blocks the border travels in the overworld, it travels 1 block in the Nether.

That's really my reasoning right there.
Make that change and I'll be happy.
Can you come online rn for the mid camping challenge?

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
This simply wouldn't work as you'd be able to get outside of the overworld border.
1 block in the nether is 8 blocks in the overworld, meaning that the nether border has to shrink 8 times as fast to disallow people from getting outside of the overworld border, yes you take damage if you do so bjt still. This should not be possible as itd cause way too much silly deaths due to people not checking their coords.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
This simply wouldn't work as you'd be able to get outside of the overworld border.
1 block in the nether is 8 blocks in the overworld, meaning that the nether border has to shrink 8 times as fast to disallow people from getting outside of the overworld border, yes you take damage if you do so bjt still. This should not be possible as itd cause way too much silly deaths due to people not checking their coords.
1. You already are able to get outside of the nether border.
2. Doing so would be suicide.
3. All those silly deaths are already happening due to the portal in the overworld being overrun by the border (except if you place the portal near 0, 0 like I do), meaning that if they return they'd suffocate, and honestly, it's their own fault for not checking their coords. Ultra hardcore is also not supposed to be easy.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh well, would you look at this:
View attachment 135560

Yup. I finally made it to the Nether, only to be disappointed by the fact that the border has already swollen it.

My suggestion is simple: Decrease the shrinking speed of the border in the Nether, since right now, most of the time it's not worth it even going there.

Yes because 1 block in the overworld is 3 in the nether.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Velocidad wrote on Frontlane's profile.
congratss!
Velocidad wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Felicitaciones! ;)
WiggedWigg wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LESSGOOOOOOOOOOOO
Eli wrote on Fisktratt's profile.
Caaaaaalva
Loskol wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats!
Top Bottom