Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Want a warning message for overlapping ice/mage/poison/quake towers?

• Yes

Votes: 16 94.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Hate it when players on your team waste space and money by stacking ice, mage, quake, or poison towers next to each other? Does this end up costing your team the game? Then this is for you!

Simple suggestion:
When there's a nearby mage, ice, quake, or poison tower next to another tower of the same type, the player is prompted with a warning message showing that the effects do not stack. The player can either hit "yes" to build the tower or hit "no" to stop building. This warning message pops up only when the tower takes up at least 20% of the efficiency. When the new tower is placed due to 20%+ overlap, it lowers the 1st tower's efficiency from, say 100%, to 80% or lower and both towers suffer from reduced efficiency.

Examples:
-Suppose I have a mage tower at spawn and it has a range of 15 blocks (area = 225*pi). I place another mage tower within range of the 1st mage tower, which should prompt a warning.
-Same example as above, but what if I place the 2nd mage tower outside the 1st one but there's still some overlap? Suppose the 2nd mage tower has the same range and area as the first one. In this case, if it overlaps by at least 45*pi blocks (20% of the area of the 1st mage tower) or higher, I get the warning message.
-If the overlap is less than 20%, then the warning message will not show up. However, if there is some overlap (i.e. efficiency is not 100%), then the effective efficiency is displayed in the tower info when its GUI is brought up.

What the warning message is displayed as (can optionally display the reduced efficiency of both towers):

"Warning! You are building another mage/ice/quake/poison tower near another one. These effects do not stack with other towers of the same kind. Building will result in a reduced efficiency to X% for one tower and Y% for the new one. Are you sure you want to build this tower at this location?" [Yes (green block)] [No (Red block)]

Possible questions answered below (will be updated if more pop up):
What if this doesn't work?
-Mineplex has a way to prompt the user for a confirmation message when making purchases. The same concept can be applied here, meaning confirmation messages like the suggested one above are possible to code.
-At the least, it warns new players, who think the towers increase damage output, to not place multiple unstackable towers next to each other.
-For those who intentionally place multiple ice/mage towers next to each other, all that would be needed are 1-2 warnings. Not willing to comply with the warnings can justify a votekick for not cooperating or a report for team griefing.

The message is annoying!
-As stated above, it displays only if a good amount of area between the two towers overlaps. If not much or nothing overlaps, then the warning message does not display. This encourages players to use status effect towers by spacing them out.

Last edited:

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Most don't realize this, but those small mistakes can accumulate and cost the game because the money wasted on stacking towers could have gone to a few more mob waves or a couple extra necessary towers. Even if the team sells the leaver's stacked ice/mage towers, the team as a whole still loses 40% of the money since only 60% of the total cost is refunded. There's a bunch of common mistakes like this above that new players or uncooperative teammates mostly do.

One game I had a guy build not one but FIVE ice towers at spawn next to each other. Luckily he left but it took him ages and even had to threaten to report for team griefing.

MooTa

Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2016
YouTube
yes please!!! I like the way that you are trying to make the cubecraft a better server keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
yes please!!! I like the way that you are trying to make the cubecraft a better server keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's always good to help new players out but some don't believe other players. Best it's better off for the game itself to tell them that.

Off-topic: first things first is to deter hackers and get the new anticheat asap. Until then, Cube won't recover.

Reactions: MooTa

SrKlompenstein

Forum Expert
Oct 21, 2015
Veluwe
For me it is more fun that people have to discover their own tactics and which tower is the best in what situation - but to be honest, I actually do not play much Tower Defence, so you are in the majority.

Keep it up with inventing ideas

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Finally some free time in the upcoming days. Time to play sw and skyblock hehehehhe
Eli wrote on Eli Shane's profile.
Legend
Eli
This app feature is so convenient!

1713280002706.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
Cool person appreciation moment!:D
Top Bottom