Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What are your thoughts about this idea?

• Total voters

Siftenly

Forum Expert
Nov 30, 2016
The Netherlands
NOTE: The fact that we're staff members does not mean that any of this is confirmed nor is it sure that anything said in this thread will be added!

🏆 Tournaments

Hey CubeCrafters!

Today we want to introduce our idea about tournaments to you.
Well, let's start with how this is all going to work out.

❓ How does it work?

These tournaments will be hosted automatically, so there is no member of staff or anyone else you have to rely on to let the tournament go on. There will be a registration period of a couple of days for you to register yourself for the upcoming tournament. The games that will have tournaments are EggWars, SkyWars, Lucky Islands and PvP (Duels). After your registered yourself for a tournament, you will get notified 10 minutes before the tournament starts.
unknown.png
When the tournament starts, you will be able to join special tournament games to get points and work yourself up in the leaderboards. When a tournament is over, the winners will be rewarded with great rewards. We wanted to host 1 tournament a week, every week another game.

📝 The process of a tournament

Let's talk about how you will be able to participate in these tournaments.
There will be a new NPC in the lobby called "Tournaments", if you click it, you will get the following menus:

✉️ Main Menu
unknown.png
This will be the main menu for the tournaments. From here, you will be able to click on an item to go to a specific tournament menu or hover over/click the golden ingot to see or claim your rewards.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png
🕹️ Tournament Game Menu
This is the menu you will get once you click one of the options mentioned above (except the rewards option).
unknown.png

This is the menu you will get when there is no ongoing tournament.
In this menu, there are 2 options, the middle item is to register, unregister or join tournaments, and the right paper is there to view the tournament leaderboard/statistics.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png
As you can see, there will also be an option to view the tournament statistics. In this menu, you will see the top 45 players with the most points. You will be able to view the stats of the current, ongoing tournament, but also from older tournaments.
unknown.png

unknown.png
📊 Tournament Points

There will be 8 different tournaments and each tournament will have their own ways of gathering points.

SkyWars Solo Tournament
  • Kill - 3 Points
  • Finish top 5 - 10 Points
  • Finish top 3 - 15 Points
  • Win a game - 20 Points
SkyWars Team Tournament
  • Assist - 1 Point
  • Kill - 2 Points
  • Finish top 5 as a team - 8 Points
  • Finish top 3 as a team - 12 Points
  • Win a game - 25 Points
EggWars Solo Tournament
  • Kill - 3 Points
  • Destroy an egg - 5 Points
  • Win a game - 20 Points
EggWars Team Tournament
  • Assist - 1 Point
  • Kill - 2 Points
  • Destroy an egg - 3 Points
  • Win a game - 25 Points
Lucky Islands Solo Tournament
  • Kill - 3 Points
  • Open 10 Lucky Blocks - 5 Points
  • Win a game - 20 Points
Lucky Islands Team Tournament
  • Assist - 1 Point
  • Kill - 2 Points
  • Open 15 Lucky Blocks - 6 Points
  • Win a game - 25 Points
PvP Solo Tournament
  • Kill/Win - 15 Points
PvP Team Tournament
  • Assist - 1 Point
  • Kill - 2 Points
  • Win a game - 10 Points
🎖️ Rewards

1st Place
  • A multiplier for the tournament game
  • Tournament Winner Tag
2nd Place
  • 2x Uber Cubelet
  • 3x Super Cubelet
3rd Place
  • 2000 Experience
  • 1500 Points
  • 1500 Loot Points
Tournament Winner Tag
Format for the Winner Tag should be: "[Game] Tournament Winner [Tournament Number]"
eg: &eSkyWars &7Tournament Winner &a#1
unknown.png

You will be able to select which tournament tag is shown on your info card in the loot menu if you got more than one.
🎀 The End

Some short notes:
  • A registration period will be a couple of days, so you will have enough time to register for a tournament.
  • The PvP Team Tournaments are Duels, but 3v3
Thank you for reading this thread! Please leave your opinion below and vote in the poll!
Thanks to @Basketman & @Younisco for helping me with this idea.

NOTE: The fact that we're staff members does not mean that any of this is confirmed nor is it sure that anything said in this thread will be added!

kochido

Apr 8, 2020
Love it, although i don't play java much it would be fun the catch a tourney if im doing nothing. Maybe on the forums they can add a tourney list of the ones going on in the month like the leaderboard page in the old forums

Reactions: Siftenly

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
I don't think this is a good idea because tournaments can cause a lot of toxicness and saltyness! I think the server is a fun light hearted server that people should not take seriously and tournaments would ruin that!

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I’ve voted yes, because I really like this suggestion. However I’ve one small change about the point system. In all the teams mode you receive a point for an assistent, why isn’t this for solo? For example if you’re fighting someone, but another player cleaned the player. Which means you don’t receive any points. In my opinion it‘ll be fair for the player to get an assistent point aswell.

Siftenly

Forum Expert
Nov 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Hi! I’ve voted yes, because I really like this suggestion. However I’ve one small change about the point system. In all the teams mode you receive a point for an assistent, why isn’t this for solo? For example if you’re fighting someone, but another player cleaned the player. Which means you don’t receive any points. In my opinion it‘ll be fair for the player to get an assistent point aswell.
We didn't add assist points in solo games, because it's not a team game. You should not be rewarded by killing people together in a solo game mode.

I'm not going to win but it's going to be fun competing! :D
Although it would interest me even more if you were doing it on Bedrock Edition!
This idea could also be added to Bedrock if the admin team is up for that, but I'm not the one who is in charge of that 🙂

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
Definitely a great idea! Already loving how it will look if this is getting added! It looks easy on how to register and how it was made. Not much to say anymore, was already explained in the thread. 👌

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i love the idea! would honestly like to see a TD tournament too, not just the pvp games. TD is a great game, despite taking a long time per match sometimes. it would maybe make the game more attractive for other players too

Siftenly

Forum Expert
Nov 30, 2016
The Netherlands
i love the idea! would honestly like to see a TD tournament too, not just the pvp games. TD is a great game, despite taking a long time per match sometimes. it would maybe make the game more attractive for other players too
This could for sure be an option in the future!

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
I agree, but would 1.8/1.9 be interchangeable or different? Also I think something like top 100 would get recognition or prizes (even very little like a cubelet or 50 points), so it's not only the best of the best of the best who get rewards.

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
there already is a lot of toxicness and saltyness, i doubt adding tournaments will cause even more toxicness/saltyness.
maybe but this server is meant to be casual fun for young people and tournaments may discourege youngsters to play because they think it is a sweaty professional server where people rage etc

Reactions: MeliodasWrath

Dreamer

Forum Expert
Dec 3, 2016
Antwerp - Belgium
Hi so, I disagree with this for the following reasons;

- Tournament hosting servers will be useless and you will just destroy a part of the community.
- Toxicity is a big problem already and adding this is asking for trouble, staff will be too busy muting people just in tournaments.
- This will die pretty quick and although it will be massive at first and people will all sign up, this will cause the good players to go rampage between the new and average players and these last 2 will get mad and sad and quit.
so now only tryhards remain (who are mostly toxic) and it will be beta eggwars, just people grinding.
- Although your system is worked out pretty well this won't work and will need a lot of work, (I speak with experience)
- Giving prizes for this is NOT a good idea at all, but not giving prizes will also result in it dying quicker

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
Hi so, I disagree with this for the following reasons;

- Tournament hosting servers will be useless and you will just destroy a part of the community.
- Toxicity is a big problem already and adding this is asking for trouble, staff will be too busy muting people just in tournaments.
- This will die pretty quick and although it will be massive at first and people will all sign up, this will cause the good players to go rampage between the new and average players and these last 2 will get mad and sad and quit.
so now only tryhards remain (who are mostly toxic) and it will be beta eggwars, just people grinding.
- Although your system is worked out pretty well this won't work and will need a lot of work, (I speak with experience)
- Giving prizes for this is NOT a good idea at all, but not giving prizes will also result in it dying quicker
I agree that it will be mostly tryhards, and not only that but the best tryhards because only the best will get top 3, and people who get top 10 (which is extremely good still) will just quit because they get nothing even though they performed amazingly. And it isn't at all beginner/average player friendly, which is a big thing for me because even though I am quite good, I feel all Cubecraft features should be accessable to all, and this prevents that.

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
We didn't add assist points in solo games, because it's not a team game. You should not be rewarded by killing people together in a solo game mode.
Fair enough, that’s a good argument. Then I don’t have anything to say, I would love to see this getting implemented!

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Eli
Come on, let's reach the ultra evil number...
1713239597971.png
Eli
I, I wanna be in the room where it happens
The room where it happens
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
What a very weird and Spefic profile picture neighbor.
Reesle wrote on Maximal20's profile.
Happy Birthday!
EGG_BOCZOIN wrote on Muhh's profile.
MADRID ON TOP ???
Top Bottom