Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
I find a LOT of posts about removing certain items (ex: punch bow) or adding items (ex: e-pearls to all game modes) to stop camping. The thing is, no one EVER mentions the easiest strategy to defeat a camper. I thought I'd share this little bit of knowledge that no one seems to observe. I'll also provide a few ways to improve this strategy.

Chests are very useful. Some people use them, some don't. They are very useful, and why this strategy works. Now, this is so simple, I question why I'm the only one who uses it. First, you put all of your gear in a chest. Then you buy leather armor (optional), food, a pickaxe, and some blocks. Just start building a protected bridge to the campers island. If you get shot off, you don't lose any gear whatsoever. Just repeat this process as many times as needed to get to the other island. When you finally get there, fight until you die. Grab your gear from the chest and charge the camper's base. Simple, easy, and only requires iron and five gold!

Now, I don't usually use this strategy alone. I always add some sort of trickery to it. These ideas can cost more but usually help to win.

1. First, build a wall around your island so no one can see you. Then just use the original strategy, but use iron armor instead of leather. When you put your gear in the chest, no other teams should see you. Then when you get shot off, the campers will hopefully think you now have no gear. Let them come to you, only to realize you do have gear.

2. Build the bridge from an island that isn't yours. Have your teammate distract the campers by doing the original strategy, while you sneak onto their island with a diamond pick.

Milkyy

Apr 4, 2017
Somewhere in the dark abyss
Hopefully, campers don't learn how to build tnt cannons. Otherwise, nice tips. I used chests before, but stoped because everytime I get close enough to attack, they suicide bomb the bridge. I recommend building high up and starting the bridging from there.

Reactions: CommandantSlime

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Hopefully, campers don't learn how to build tnt cannons. Otherwise, nice tips. I used chests before, but stoped because everytime I get close enough to attack, they suicide bomb the bridge. I recommend building high up and starting the bridging from there.

You can build TNT cannons in this? Don't you need water?

Reactions: 0ffense

Hypixel Network

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2017
If you're good at the game , campers won't be a problem

Most egg wars players I've seen act like AI and don't know what's going on around them

If you're smart enough you'd make a diversion and build to them or under their island

Reactions: CommandantSlime

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Just start building a protected bridge to the campers island. If you get shot off, you don't lose any gear whatsoever. Just repeat this process as many times as needed to get to the other island. When you finally get there, fight until you die. Grab your gear from the chest and charge the camper's base. Simple, easy, and only requires iron and five gold!
Have your teammate distract the campers
1. First, build a wall around your island so no one can see you. Then just use the original strategy, but use iron armor instead of leather. When you put your gear in the chest, no other teams should see you. Then when you get shot off, the campers will hopefully think you now have no gear. Let them come to you, only to realize you do have gear.

2017-05-13_20.22.58.png

Good luck with that.

This is another lame excuse to not add bomb jumping or enderpearls.
Although I do agree about the enderpreals, I'd like to say something about TNT Jumping:
It wouldn't work. The majority of the players don't even know what it is, and suggestions like these are mean tot affect the whole playerbase, not just a few individuals. Plus there need to be more items like redstone torches and buttons added to the shop, which in itself will already be a whole new discussion.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I find a LOT of posts about removing certain items (ex: punch bow) or adding items (ex: e-pearls to all game modes) to stop camping. The thing is, no one EVER mentions the easiest strategy to defeat a camper. I thought I'd share this little bit of knowledge that no one seems to observe. I'll also provide a few ways to improve this strategy.

Chests are very useful. Some people use them, some don't. They are very useful, and why this strategy works. Now, this is so simple, I question why I'm the only one who uses it. First, you put all of your gear in a chest. Then you buy leather armor (optional), food, a pickaxe, and some blocks. Just start building a protected bridge to the campers island. If you get shot off, you don't lose any gear whatsoever. Just repeat this process as many times as needed to get to the other island. When you finally get there, fight until you die. Grab your gear from the chest and charge the camper's base. Simple, easy, and only requires iron and five gold!

Now, I don't usually use this strategy alone. I always add some sort of trickery to it. These ideas can cost more but usually help to win.

2. Build the bridge from an island that isn't yours. Have your teammate distract the campers by doing the original strategy, while you sneak onto their island with a diamond pick.
Ive never seen this strat work once even if you go way out and bridge out of focus they are to careful

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
this requires way to many if's
if they don't make a TNT cannon
if you are on team mode
if you have a team mate
if your team mate is willing to distract them
if you have you EGG
if they don't have bows
if you have enough blocks
if they don't notice you
this doesn't really help very much since the chances of all these factors and more being together

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
this requires way to many if's
if they don't make a TNT cannon
if you are on team mode
if you have a team mate
if your team mate is willing to distract them
if you have you EGG
if they don't have bows
if you have enough blocks
if they don't notice you
this doesn't really help very much since the chances of all these factors and more being together

I've never seen anyone make a TNT canon.
Yes, I only play team mode.
Who plays on teams without a teammate? I'd just leave if I didn't have a teammate.
I get that not everyone plays with someone they know and skypes with their teammate, but I do, and it helps. A team that works together is important. Otherwise you should play solo.
Well duh! Of course you need an egg! The whole strategy is built upon being able to die with no penalties!
If they have bows, you can still build. Yes, you will die, but who cares about KDRs? The important part is getting a bridge to the other island!
It's easy to buy enough sandstone.
The whole point of the strategy is that it's fine if they see you.
My point is, this strategy doesn't have any set criteria. You can always attempt it. Obviously, you'd want to have a backup plan.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Ive never seen this strat work once even if you go way out and bridge out of focus they are to careful

Building a protected bridge with next to nothing on you works better than most people think. Gain a safe way to your opponents island whilst losing almost nothing.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
View attachment 132986
Good luck with that.

Although I do agree about the enderpreals, I'd like to say something about TNT Jumping:
It wouldn't work. The majority of the players don't even know what it is, and suggestions like these are mean tot affect the whole playerbase, not just a few individuals. Plus there need to be more items like redstone torches and buttons added to the shop, which in itself will already be a whole new discussion.

It doesn't have to be a big wall. Just enough to hide the fact that you're using a chest.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
So when it's 4 vs 1 and you have no egg, we should use this strategy? This is another lame excuse to not add bomb jumping or enderpearls.

OF COURSE NOT! WHAT KIND OF NOOB USES A STRATEGY THAT WILL MOST LIKELY GET THEM KILLED WHEN THEY HAVE NO EGG, MUCH LESS PLAY THE OFFENSIVE WITHOUT AN EGG!?

Alright, now that I've vented, let me give some valid reasons.

I assume you mean four teams versus your team. If they are teaming up on you, that's cross teaming and they can be banned with sufficient evidence. If there are just four other teams, let them fight.

If you mean four players versus you, let them come to kill you, try, and even if you lose, be a good sport and say good game.

Also, there should never be a situation where you need ender pearls to defeat a team, much less in normal or hardcore. If you can't manage to kill a team unless you have the cheapest, most low-level item in the game, then please don't play the game. Ender pearls don't need to be added to normal and should stay on hardcore. Some people need to accept that they don't win every game. It's playing the game that's fun, win or lose! That's why I never get too upset, knowing that it was still fun. I just say gg and leave. I mean, even if it was a three-hour long game, the other team played those three hours too, so they have the same right to win.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

blazingwind47 wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
u seem like a cool person
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Cool person appreciation moment!:D
Basketman wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom