Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
I've never seen anyone make a TNT canon.

It is actually a necessary skill to raid certain types of campers. I have used one to raid a camper on the map garden with great success. He built an extremely large glass wall to block enderpearls, but I was able to blow it up all the way from mid.

Who plays on teams without a teammate? I'd just leave if I didn't have a teammate.

Actually, it is unwise to just leave if you do not have teammates. Even without much skill, it is still possible to win without a teammate. I have done so many times, on maps with 3 and 4 players per team. I had no teammates from start to end.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
Ok, by the sounds of this you are giving the people out there a "super easy" strategy to defeat campers that no one seems to use. There's a reason why no one uses or mentions it, and thats because the odds have to be in your favor. the fact that you need an egg is quite a problem, and what would you do if someone got to your island in the middle of you doing this and broke your egg? You would loose all of that progress. Plus, the process sounds like it would take hours. Not everyone has that amount of time to play because they would be late for something irl. Also, there are some people that suggest you build a skybridge or a bridge from below. Except, I have tried both of those and neither of them work. I even tried using glass to blend in with the blue background but still got spotted and shot off. Its especially bad on maps like Aztec were the islands are in a + array. you would have to build so far from the different islands because there are no masses of land diagonally.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
Ok, by the sounds of this you are giving the people out there a "super easy" strategy to defeat campers that no one seems to use. There's a reason why no one uses or mentions it, and thats because the odds have to be in your favor. The fact that you need an egg is quite a problem. Also, there are some people that suggest you build a skybridge or a bridge from below. Except, I have tried both of those and neither of them work. I even tried using glass to blend in with the blue background but still got spotted and shot off. Its especially bad on maps like Aztec were the islands are in a + array. you would have to build so far from the different islands because there are no masses of land diagonally.

The only way to take out campers in those cases would be to bridge up above the island with a safebridge, so that they cannot shoot you off. You need full iron and a lot of golden apples, because a good defender will riddle you with power arrows. 2 - 3 block wide safe bridges are better than one block, because one block wide safe bridges are like shooting a fish in a barrel. Usually, it will be so slow that you may need to replace your full iron armor twice. In hardcore mode, this is so difficult that campers are impossible to defeat.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
The only way to take out campers in those cases would be to bridge up above the island with a safebridge, so that they cannot shoot you off. You need full iron and a lot of golden apples, because a good defender will riddle you with power arrows. 2 - 3 block wide safe bridges are better than one block, because one block wide safe bridges are like shooting a fish in a barrel. Usually, it will be so slow that you may need to replace your full iron armor twice. In hardcore mode, this is so difficult that campers are impossible to defeat.

Ok, so its not like campers cant level their altitude with you. All they need is a skybase above their island and BAM! No one can skybridge to them.

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
Ok, so its not like campers cant level their altitude with you. All they need is a skybase above their island and BAM! No one can skybridge to them.
Actually, you don't have to be higher than them. If they build up, you can just both build up to world build height. You just have to be high enough that they cannot easily drop tnt-bombs on you.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
Actually, you don't have to be higher than them. If they build up, you can just both build up to world build height. You just have to be high enough that they cannot easily drop tnt-bombs on you.

They dont need tnt to kill you or break your bridge. All they need is a pickaxe and punch bow.

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
They dont need tnt to kill you or break your bridge. All they need is a pickaxe and punch bow.
Hence why no one ever safebridge raids an entire team by themselves. Usually, when I do it, I have a wider bridge so that my teammates next to me can shoot them back, and attract their attention. The wider bridge also makes it harder for them to hit me.

On average though, there are always 3 - 5 deaths every time we siege a base on kingdom, the map I get campers on the most. It takes anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour to reach a base by safebridging.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
Hence why no one ever safebridge raids an entire team by themselves. Usually, when I do it, I have a wider bridge so that my teammates next to me can shoot them back, and attract their attention. The wider bridge also makes it harder for them to hit me.

I don't know if that would work every time, it depends on how many times the campers hit you with their bow. If they hit you so much that they broke all of your armor and eventually killed you, then it wouldn't work because they would build over to you bridge and destroy the whole thing. Therefore, you would have to start all over again from scratch.

On average though, there are always 3 - 5 deaths every time we siege a base on kingdom, the map I get campers on the most. It takes anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour to reach a base by safebridging.

Exactly, as soon as every one that was making the safebridge dies, then the campers come to the bridge and break the whole thing. No one has the time to spend another 3 hrs trying the same process over and over until it works. AND yet again if you do manage to finally complete the bridge you may or may not die in the fight because your armor is probably nearly broken.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Exactly, as soon as every one that was making the safebridge dies, then the campers come to the bridge and break the whole thing. No one has the time to spend another 3 hrs trying the same process over and over until it works. AND yet again if you do manage to finally complete the bridge you may or may not die in the fight because your armor is probably nearly broken.

I've said before, this strategy won't work on every map for every player. I am able to win enough games with it, so that's why I posted. If you don't think this is a good strategy, that's fine, but the reason I posted it is because it works. Also, I'd like to note that I only play on two player maps with my friend who is in a Discord call with me, unless more of my friends are available to play. We only play when we both have more than a few hours to kill, so our games usually last longer than an hour because we don't care about the time. Yes, I get it. There are specific requirements, but you aren't a team unless you work together. That's why I don't play with random people on my team. If you can't manage to get a coordinated team you should be playing solo if you expect to win. Communication is KEY in a team game. If you cam win without help from your teammate, that's fine, but don't complain about my strategy that relies highly on having a good team member that communicates with you.

Mar 6, 2017
Quite a nice strategy you've got yourself there. I reckon this post is helpful and will find people in-game doing this. However, when you build a wall around your base, the campers can't see you, but they have the same advantage. You can't see them. Someone could easily go behind your back and before you know it, they've sneaked in and broken your egg. I recommend that you do not build a wall. At least that's just my opinion. I do like the idea of tricking your opponents into thinking that you're not geared up, but in case you're doing this, remember to make it easy to access, otherwise people can be quicker than you and before you know it, you're dead.

Other than that, great thread and thanks for helping the community!

Kind regards,
Poseidon

Reactions: CommandantSlime

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
I've said before, this strategy won't work on every map for every player. I am able to win enough games with it, so that's why I posted. If you don't think this is a good strategy, that's fine, but the reason I posted it is because it works. Also, I'd like to note that I only play on two player maps with my friend who is in a Discord call with me, unless more of my friends are available to play. We only play when we both have more than a few hours to kill, so our games usually last longer than an hour because we don't care about the time. Yes, I get it. There are specific requirements, but you aren't a team unless you work together. That's why I don't play with random people on my team. If you can't manage to get a coordinated team you should be playing solo if you expect to win. Communication is KEY in a team game. If you cam win without help from your teammate, that's fine, but don't complain about my strategy that relies highly on having a good team member that communicates with you.

Alright there may of just been a misunderstanding.

Reactions: CommandantSlime

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Alright there may of just been a misunderstanding.
Probably. Anyways, sorry if I came off as offensive. It's all good.

Quite a nice strategy you've got yourself there. I reckon this post is helpful and will find people in-game doing this. However, when you build a wall around your base, the campers can't see you, but they have the same advantage. You can't see them. Someone could easily go behind your back and before you know it, they've sneaked in and broken your egg. I recommend that you do not build a wall. At least that's just my opinion. I do like the idea of tricking your opponents into thinking that you're not geared up, but in case you're doing this, remember to make it easy to access, otherwise people can be quicker than you and before you know it, you're dead.

Other than that, great thread and thanks for helping the community!

Kind regards,
Poseidon

I forgot to mention this: When you build a wall (even when not using this strategy, this is just good practice) build stairs and make it a good sniping position. Have a teammate stand watch well you put your stuff in the chest.

OSIM

Apr 25, 2017
In Your Closet
Hopefully, campers don't learn how to build tnt cannons. Otherwise, nice tips. I used chests before, but stoped because everytime I get close enough to attack, they suicide bomb the bridge. I recommend building high up and starting the bridging from there.

I'm a bit late, but what do you mean by tnt cannons?

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
I've started using a cheap TNT cannon design. It helps a LOT to have the ability to shoot TNT at your opponents.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday
WorriedSkate940 wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy birthday!!
I LOVE KING GIZZARD AND THE LIZARD WIZARD
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Zelfegor's profile.
Welcome to Official Cubecraft Forums!
Hope you enjoy yourself here :)
Top Bottom