Hey I suggested that a while ago
I also suggested that projectiles should start appearing during the refills

But many management members didn't like it :l I guess they never play sw

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Removing would be the optimal choice for me, but we all know that there are hundreds who'd strongly dislike this decision. I really can't think of any other way to have normal projectiles be favorable in any way aside from what I previously suggested. The separate board has been dismissed due to the activity problem other separate boards had, and it seems like people just don't want an "unfair" (technically fair) voting system that's based off of chance instead of majority. On top of that, I don't think the vote drawing situation has been fixed either (No projectiles ALWAYS wins in a 50/50 vote).

My last idea for this is to have an armor stand standing on the side with locked normal projectiles. This ensures that everyone joins one game before joining the next if they play normal projectiles, but only when we sacrifice the freedom of map selection in normal Skywars. This isn't ideal, but hey. It's something that's doable.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Removing would be the optimal choice for me, but we all know that there are hundreds who'd strongly dislike this decision.
And even more players would be happy to see this changed. No projectiles is taking over Skywars and normal projectiles is becoming a really rare occurrence. Less projectiles will only have bows, no eggs and snowballs. They can always try changing it though. You never know the outcome. What I do know is that a lot of players will be happy if it gets removed, and some definitely won't. That's why I am (re)suggesting less projectiles. It won't have many projectiles, but it's not like no projectiles.

A

A pigeon

Tryhards are still a huge part of the playerbase. This would be going against their wishes. Introduce projectiles during epearl refill or just change it to noeggs/snowballs

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
And even more players would be happy to see this changed. No projectiles is taking over Skywars and normal projectiles is becoming a really rare occurrence.
A majority of the ranks vote for no projectiles.
Saying that more players would be happy "since no projectiles is taking over skywars" is contradictory, wouldn't you think? Players influence what mode is played, and if the most play no projectiles, you'd think they like it. Removing it wouldn't make those players happy about it either.

Less projectiles will only have bows, no eggs and snowballs.
Thought about this a while ago too, but we all know that people are allergic to anything that requires them to pay attention while they bridge. Changing no projectiles to this wouldn't cause a good reaction.
Removing eggs and snowballs from normal projectiles is doable though. I'm not sure how that'd play out.

What I do know is that a lot of players will be happy if it gets removed, and some definitely won't. That's why I am (re)suggesting less projectiles.
I'll just refer to what I said above:
"A majority of the ranks vote for no projectiles.
Saying that more players would be happy "since no projectiles is taking over skywars" is contradictory, wouldn't you think? Players influence what mode is played, and if the most play no projectiles, you'd think they like it. Removing it wouldn't make those players happy about it either."

D

Deleted member 100818

Changing no projectiles to this wouldn't cause a good reaction.
Let's be honest they'll get used to it anyways. At this point "voting" for projectiles isn't voting when it always is no projectiles. I've seen a suggestion about projectiles in the first refill which sounds like a good solution to me but removing it wouldn't hurt.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Let's be honest they'll get used to it anyways. At this point "voting" for projectiles isn't voting when it always is no projectiles. I've seen a suggestion about projectiles in the first refill which sounds like a good solution to me but removing it wouldn't hurt.
You've seen how many people vote for no projectiles, right? I don't think they're just going to leave it at an "okay we'll just deal with it and get used to it". In their eyes, Cube would've removed their favorite mode without any reason. Heck, it was popular too.
I won't get into projectiles after the first refill, as I genuinely have nothing to say about it.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
A majority of the ranks vote for no projectiles.
Saying that more players would be happy "since no projectiles is taking over skywars" is contradictory, wouldn't you think? Players influence what mode is played, and if the most play no projectiles, you'd think they like it. Removing it wouldn't make those players happy about it either."
Yeah, good point. This might not be the perfect solution, but there must be one. All the players who like no projectiles are lucky, as there’s a 9/10 chance ranked players vote for it. Then still, the other players who dislike no projectiles will still have to play with it.

At the moment, the players who like no projectiles are happy, while the player who dislike it still aren’t. Having a separate board mode could definitely help, but it equally has its downsides.

I've seen a suggestion about projectiles in the first refill which sounds like a good solution to me but removing it wouldn't hurt.
Never seen a suggestion like that, but it sounds like the ideal solution. Adding it to the thread so others can leave their thoughts on that too.

Reactions: Shrek Trained Me
D

Deleted member 352903

-1 by me, for the simple reason that I enjoy playing with no projectiles.
Yeah, and I like lemmonade. I mean, we like Normal Projectiles and would like to find a way to enjoy it. Idc if No Projectiles doesn’t get removed, I just want to be able to play with projectiles

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I just want to be able to play with projectiles
Sadly too many people like no projectiles, you can still vote for projectiles but our voting system makes sure that no projectiles always comes out on top, which makes sense because more people like no projectiles, as it is voted more often (nothing got to do with the fact that no projectiles wins in a 50/50 every time)

Aggravating no projectiles voters 50% of the time is bad, it's better to aggravate normal projectiles voters 100% of the time because there are less of them.
@Younisco what is your opinion?

So please if we were to limit no projectiles in any way skywars as we know it would die because normal skywars is waay too unpopular to have it's own gamemode, or whatever... I don't play skywars much anymore so there's that, but by catering to the one type of audiance, the players who like no projectiles, which now represent the majority of the voters, we can keep skywars alive and well, all players who liked projectiles or any other aspect of the old skywars are slowly leaving and being replaced by players who cater to the fast paced no projectiles skywars, which represents the bigger audiance, we cannot cater to both audiances by seperating them as players would no longer be interested in the classic normal projectiles mode and that mode would eventually die out faster just as the no kits and abilities modes did.

Normal projectiles should die, but players still like it so we give them the ability to vote for it but no projectiles must trump that vote if votes are equal as the majority of the players that are our target audience prefee that gamemode.

I like normal projectiles and support this thread.
The current voting system is unfair as it favours no projectiles 100% of the time in an equal vote and I believe it should be changed, so equal votes means equal chances of each vote being chosen.
I don't think we can compare seperating the boards to the seperation that used to exist between no kits and abilities and kits and abilities, mainly because the difference between normal and no projectiles is horizontal, it's an alternative style of gameplay as opposed to being an "upgraded" version of the other gamemode, no kits and projectiles was needed when you had no kits to pick from and needed points to pick a kit.
The difference between no projectiles and projectiles drastically changes the game, and choosing between both is based entirely on how you prefer to play the game they are two alternatives.

Last edited:

TheDarkSavage

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2018
Who knows?
www.cubecraft.net
Possible solutions;
Remove no projectiles;
Rename no projectiles to less projectiles;
Projectiles will be attainable on the first refill.
This sounds like the perfect solution to me. Please let me know your thoughts on the solutions stated above.
Credits: @TheJeroen and @MegaCoin

No. I enjoy playing Sky Wars without projectiles, as they are--to me at least--annoying, as you have to worry about getting shot of a bridge just like in Egg Wars or Lucky Islands.

D

Deleted member 352903

No. I enjoy playing Sky Wars without projectiles, as they are--to me at least--annoying, as you have to worry about getting shot of a bridge just like in Egg Wars or Lucky Islands.
Oh yeah let’s remove projectiles from eggwars, lucky islands and freebuild then :D:D:D:D:D

(Btw the skywars icon is a bow :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!
UncleSpect wrote on Ivaann's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Shainted's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
GiGaGekkies wrote on Egg🥚's profile.