• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exhil

Novice Member
Dec 25, 2016
canada
Hello everyone, I am going to talk about creating official egg wars tournaments. Right now the only way to play egg wars tournaments are if people host them. I feel that there should be a selected person who hosts a tournament maybe every week. For example a mod can be selected to do this. I (personaly) am either late for them to sign up because i never knew there was one or i ask a friend to do it. There should be a way to tell cubecraft your timezones to match you up with the right person at the right time. Another way it would be easier to do is there should be a popular person in the cubecraft - egg wars community and they can take handle and come on the forums and make a tournament at a specific time. You might be asking right now, why dont i just do it. I dont believe that i will be able to do such a job. I hope other people agree with me.

MonsterStorm_

Jan 28, 2017
Tournament sounds fun, but it wouldnt be fair to certain people, since people have different timezones, some maybe at school/work or be sleeping

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
This would be the biggest tournament of all times! XD I would definitely join!
Hello everyone, I am going to talk about creating official egg wars tournaments. Right now the only way to play egg wars tournaments are if people host them. I feel that there should be a selected person who hosts a tournament maybe every week. For example a mod can be selected to do this. I (personaly) am either late for them to sign up because i never knew there was one or i ask a friend to do it. There should be a way to tell cubecraft your timezones to match you up with the right person at the right time. Another way it would be easier to do is there should be a popular person in the cubecraft - egg wars community and they can take handle and come on the forums and make a tournament at a specific time. You might be asking right now, why dont i just do it. I dont believe that i will be able to do such a job. I hope other people agree with me.

TomZye

Novice Member
Nov 26, 2016
The Netherlands
I do agree, but the biggest map now is only capable of letting in 40 people. When you create a tournament way more people will join, therefore some people can't.

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
It would be nice for the forums to host an 'Official' tournament, however, community members like myself run them fairly often.

Tournaments are not very easy to run, if you don't keep a close eye on what's happening, they can completely fail. I've seen lots of tournaments fail due to a lack of commitment (by the creator and participants).

I spent a lot of time thinking of a way to run a successful tournament, and my method of having players apply, and provide information such as their timezone has made it much easier to arrange matches.

The next tournament is going to be a team eggwars tournament run by @TheFastBowler , so keep an eye out.

Last edited:

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
It would be nice for the forums to host an 'Official' tournament, however, community members like myself run them fairly often.

Tournaments are not very easy to run, if you don't keep a close eye on what's happening, they can completely fail. I've seen lots of tournaments fail due to a lack of commitment (by the creator and participants).

I spent a lot of time thinking of a way to run a successful tournament, and my method of having players apply, and provide information such as their timezone has made it much easier to arrange matches.

The next tournament is going to be a team eggwars tournament run by @TheFastBowler , so keep an eye out.
It would be great to have official tournaments every once in a while, but I think the experience itself of hosting a tournament is even better. My tournament for Team Egg Wars is quite far away, because it will be after ThatGrimCreeper's tournament ends, but I've already started planning, and it's quite fun. I'd like to see official tournaments once in a while, but for the most part, I think player hosted ones, especially for me, and Grim I believe as well, we enjoy experiencing new things, this being one of them.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
At the moment there's a Solo EggWars tournament (this thread) created by @ThatGrimCreeper . That Solo EggWars tournament has started already but I think you can join it when he opened another tournament of EggWars;).

J4sprr

Novice Member
Jan 7, 2017
Nice idea! But we need to find someone who wants to organize it. A staff member is a good idea.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I would say do it monthly or 2 weeks long, not one week. I just think that's way too short. It won't be "special" anymore if it occurs every week, plus if a lot of players join it might just not be enough time.

Other than that I like it very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday Forums Guru (ELI) Enjoy your day and I hope these small messages here make your day! 🥳
JokeKaedee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday, Eli! I hope that today will be filled with joy and happiness only!!
Enjoy your day 🐉 :heart:
Reesle wrote on RatedManMp46's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Matriox wrote on Eli's profile.
HI

ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY

happy birthday Eli

1714947914949.png

1714948030659.png

here, take some beans:
1714948068073.png
Hoshi wrote on Eli's profile.