Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
Okay, first off, why isn't it punishable? Calling someone a noob is punishable, but an L isn't. In my opinion, calling someone an L is worse then calling someone a noob. If everyone hasn't realized already, noob mean new player while L means loser which is basically trash talking someone. Yet, saying or calling someone an L is not punishable. This should be punishable. I think people over use it a little too much. For an example, if you look at the files, you can see this one guy saying L multiple times. Isn't that over doing it? I can't even report him for it.@ChaosConjurer @Tacosbefriends @TheLucian I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Attachments

• IMG_1300.JPG
    IMG_1300.JPG
    994.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1305.JPG
    IMG_1305.JPG
    850.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1306.JPG
    IMG_1306.JPG
    978 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1307.JPG
    IMG_1307.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
Reactions: TwinShards

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
Okay, first off, why isn't it punishable? Calling someone a noob is punishable, but an L isn't. In my opinion, calling someone an L is worse then calling someone a noob. If everyone hasn't realized already, noob mean new player while L means loser which is basically trash talking someone. Yet, saying or calling someone an L is not punishable. This should be punishable. I think people over use it a little too much. For an example, if you look at the files, you can see this one guy saying L multiple times. Isn't that over doing it? I can't even report him for it.@ChaosConjurer @Tacosbefriends @TheLucian I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Actually calling someone "noob" is not a punishable offense, just as "EZ" and "L" is not. While I agree it is rude and is not really needed in chat, it is not enough to be considered for a mute in my opinion. You can always ignore the players using /ignore (name).

You can report them for spamming, if they end up saying it a lot over a short span of time, but if it is over hours to days, then there is really nothing we can do. I am sorry, but this is just my opinion.

Reactions: Priley

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
Actually calling someone "noob" is not a punishable offense, just as "EZ" and "L" is not. While I agree it is rude and is not really needed in chat, it is not enough to be considered for a mute in my opinion. You can always ignore the players using /ignore (name).

You can report them for spamming, if they end up saying it a lot over a short span of time, but if it is over hours to days, then there is really nothing we can do. I am sorry, but this is just my opinion.
Does /ignore block out all the things a players says?

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Yes, go on and block a simple, innocent LETTER.
Then also ban the letter D, F, B.
Banning a letter isn't going to stop people from saying L or something bad.
Can't say L? Ok. 'Noob, e/z.'
Or you simply typ a | and a _ and you got yourself a L!

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
Yes, go on and block a simple, innocent LETTER.
Then also ban the letter D, F, B.
Banning a letter isn't going to stop people from saying L or something bad.
Can't say L? Ok. 'Noob, e/z.'
Or you simply typ a | and a _ and you got yourself a L!
Oh no, I don't want them to block it, I just want it to make it punishable if they are using it to be rude to someone. And being rude to someone could of course, trigger the person. And yes the letter L is innocent, unless used in a rude way .

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
Hmm, since when is saying "noob" punishable? It isn't even blocked by the chat filter. Cubecraft is a PvP server and on a PvP server, there is some toxicity from players because that's just what happens when players play PvP, and L isn't really swearing right? I think this word doesn't have to be punishable because you can't really hurt someone with the word and because the word isn't that bad.
It could hurt someone if they die from a team fight and one of the person says L. Someone from pvp could get triggered from it. I've seen it happen a lot.

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
come to think of it, idk if this should be punishable actually. I realize that these words and letters don't really hurt someone, but do trigger them. And I also realize it is the persons fault if they do get triggered. I can't believe I'm asking this early, but @AnimalTamer1 can you lock this, I see the reasons why we shouldn't make this punishable.

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
come to think of it, idk if this should be punishable actually. I realize that these words and letters don't really hurt someone, but do trigger them. And I also realize it is the persons fault if they do get triggered. I can't believe I'm asking this early, but @AnimalTamer1 can you lock this, I see the reasons why we shouldn't make this punishable.
-Locked as requested by the thread owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

After coming back home after staying in the UK for a while, CubeCraft has became unplayable for me due to the region issue which is currently known and are being fixed as we speak, so I'll not be playing the server for the next few days due to this which upsets me because this is my favorite server. I understand your pain now guys
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thank you for everything soul
timinator582162 wrote on sussy_blocka's profile.
Player Rayhidst2014 was traveling about 3 times normal speed. also was floating and flying. This ruined a perfectly good four player bedwars game.
Today starts Giro d'Italia one of the biggest cycling races in the world and who do you think will win the general classification after 21 days of cycling?
Top Bottom