Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
No didn't saw it but it is still easyer to just have a small video where you see the hacker then a long video where you need to find a video. if you wanna rase the time to 10minutes... Staff get over 1k reports a day so if you make a video that is 10minutes long you need to watch report that like every staff need to watch the reports for like 2to3hours

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
I said that if this ever gets implemented, it should go along with a new box that requires you to have a time stamp to make things go quicker.
I saw this multiple times. I still think that anything over 5 minutes isn't necessary. I saw @TheQueenWaddle mention that most would put whatever timestamp is convenient just to get the report filed.

My feelings are that if someone is going to go through the effort of recording, only to become too lazy to clip the part where the hacks are clearly shown... then they are more than likely going to be too lazy to go back through the video to find an exact time of where those hacks are clearly shown, just to put a correct timestamp for staff to look at.

So, in the end... it's ultimately easier to have the player, that is making the report, shorten the video to a reasonable size so it doesn't take much time from the staff that is dealing with the report, so more reports can be dealt with in a timely manner.

TheVenom27

May 27, 2016
I saw this multiple times. I still think that anything over 5 minutes isn't necessary. I saw @TheQueenWaddle mention that most would put whatever timestamp is convenient just to get the report filed.

My feelings are that if someone is going to go through the effort of recording, only to become too lazy to clip the part where the hacks are clearly shown... then they are more than likely going to be too lazy to go back through the video to find an exact time of where those hacks are clearly shown, just to put a correct timestamp for staff to look at.

So, in the end... it's ultimately easier to have the player, that is making the report, shorten the video to a reasonable size so it doesn't take much time from the staff that is dealing with the report, so more reports can be dealt with in a timely manner.
Plus, it's a report not a gameplay. So videos should stay pretty short.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop

Some other people would disagree. Would it be possible to make it a rule to not put a fake timestamp??

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
Some other people would disagree. Would it be possible to make it a rule to not put a fake timestamp??
I'm sure there are some that would disagree as they have their own opinion and they are entitled to said opinion. I still stand by there not needing to be anything more than 2-5 mins of any kind of video evidence. I'm sure there could be a rule to put a real timestamp, but I seriously doubt many would follow it.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Well the ones that don't follow it are usually ones that are distressed, angry, or psychopathic. Plus when they get caught, they receive a punishment.
why th are you so adamant about this. Just take 5 extra minutes to cut down a video so that it fits within the restraints. Punishing those who actually submit valid reports but just don't want to find the timestamp doesn't benefit anyone. This just streamlines the process to make it so much easier. Just LET IT GO.
giphy.gif

TheVenom27

May 27, 2016
why th are you so adamant about this. Just take 5 extra minutes to cut down a video so that it fits within the restraints. Punishing those who actually submit valid reports but just don't want to find the timestamp doesn't benefit anyone. This just streamlines the process to make it so much easier. Just LET IT GO.
giphy.gif
Let it go
Let it go
Can’t hold it back anymore

Last edited:
Reactions: Marieke2001

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
giphy.gif
Why are YOU so admant about this?? The only punishment that would happen would be a denied report and nothing else. Some people don't have 5 minutes and some people can't even edit videos. JUST LET IT GO
giphy.gif

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Why are YOU so admant about this?? The only punishment that would happen would be a denied report and nothing else. Some people don't have 5 minutes and some people can't even edit videos. JUST LET IT GOView attachment 123582
That isn't even a punishment. That's just enabling them to do it again.
You don't have five minutes but you have to time to record and upload videos? That and you decide to record an entire 30 minute long game when you can just cut the recording at 4 to save yourself uploading time. You don't even have to edit it if your video was just cut at 3-4.
Now your logic just baffles me. Not that it hasn't up until now.
tumblr_mciqzmtlWO1r6ubhwo1_250.gif

Reactions: Marieke2001

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I've been looking at the new report system and I think that it's a much better way to punish hackers.
The only problem I have with it is that you can have videos up to only 5 minutes. Some people recorded
their whole game but gave a time stop to make the report go quicker in the old report system. Now, some
people need to edit the video (which takes a long time) to make the video valid at all. My suggestion is to
allow any length of a video but make it required to include the time of when the hacker is shown. It would help
both the mods and the reporters.

Tell me what you think! :)
Another issue is you cant use youtuber videos woth a time stamp anymore which is stupid because its not possible to edit clips easily of videos that arent yours i think you have to pay for a program to do that, ive gotten a few hackers banned using bajans vids or livestreams in the past but now its no longer possible

Mac

Forum Expert
Nov 24, 2015
The five minute limit is so that staff don't get bogged down having to watching 10, 15, 20 minute videos in order to ban a hacker. It clogs the report system and is one of the reasons the old system took so long to deal with. If you can't show a hacker in less than 5 minutes, then you probably don't have enough evidence as it is.

The entire goal of the report system is to speed up the process, allowing staff to handle reports more efficiently and cut down on the time it takes for us to deal with reports.

As for the issue of not being able to use YouTuber's longer videos, we tend to monitor most decently large YouTubers ourselves and the hackers in those videos are more often than not banned before any user even has a chance to report them.

Locking thread as we don't plan to increase the time limit at this time. This may change in the future, but for now our goal is efficiency and little to no report response delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Screenshot 2024-04-27 012708.png

what-? I won 1st place but then got 2nd place...?
GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
Top Bottom