Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
THIS IS FUN, cubecrfat is a server for having fun.
And i dont think anyone take the ''religion'' seriously is just a roleplay

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
THIS IS FUN, cubecrfat is a server for having fun.
And i dont think anyone take the ''religion'' seriously is just a roleplay
Yeah, I'm sure it's fun. It's still cringe tho. and you were still spamming, which, last time I checked, was against the rules?

Simply

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2017
Beyond the Fourth Wall
Its not at all “brining religion” to the game, its a building. Other people made it about religion. Also it actually did work so I'm not sure what you mean?
It's literally a catholic church... with a cross inside... I think that just says it all. I don't want to have the catholic church who is responsible for countless crimes over the centuries (Talking about the catholic church cause of the map, not biased in any way. My opinion is the same on every religion).
I don't want that in my favourite server. What if I suddenly started praising a different deity in the FFA server?
The toxicity that supposedly stopped would turn to religious racism and I'm not about to have that :)

GratefulCoast

Jan 31, 2020
Its not at all “brining religion” to the game, its a building. Other people made it about religion. Also it actually did work so I'm not sure what you mean?
You might be correct if we see it as a roleplay but some people will still consider it as religion. And If we talk about toxicity I don't think that it would work.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
It's literally a catholic church... with a cross inside... I think that just says it all. I don't want to have the catholic church who is responsible for countless crimes over the centuries (Talking about the catholic church cause of the map, not biased in any way. My opinion is the same on every religion).
I don't want that in my favourite server. What if I suddenly started praising a different deity in the FFA server?
The toxicity that supposedly stopped would turn to religious racism and I'm not about to have that :)

Your taking that way to seriously. That’s something you shouldn’t out right say, cause you just let everyone know how you feel about it so now someone could target you for that. So that’s not a Cube problem necessarily. Also who says it was catholic? A cross can be generic. I saw no religious racism or what not, evidence of that? It was actually chill in that way.

You might be correct if we see it as a roleplay but some people will still consider it as religion. And If we talk about toxicity I don't think that it would work.

True, but that’s up to them to decide what they want to think about it. Well it at least worked for a day, unfortunate we didn’t get to see if it would die out or not.

Disclaimer: As much as I liked the church I’m fine with it going as long as it gets replaced by something good, I do however like to debate with y’all on it since idk where your heads are at on this.

Simply

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2017
Beyond the Fourth Wall
Also who says it was catholic? A cross can be generic
If it was a random cross in the middle of nowhere, then by all means its a generic cross. But the building has got all the catholic characteristics. Architecture, colouring, even seating layout. That doesn't really remind me of a random cross or something. Like it or not, some buildings are connected too strongly to religion and even without the cross, it would still be used as a place of worshipping "whatever".
And yes I know that for the more mature players, a church is not a problem. But not all are mature. The vast majority of the playerbase is young and therefore hasn't yet healthily developed an opinion on such matters. If we bombard the young players with "do this or youre going to hell" or "attack us and youre targeted" can make them feel weird and outcasted, eventually complying with the idea of a church (even in an mc server).
Learning about religion that way is frankly, criminal, as it does not allow you to think through things and process them to see if they fit your own ideals.

And about what you said on another thread:
No, the whole building should be changed. If you just removed the religious symbols it will still be the same as the current building is also a symbol of a religion.
You can't separate the two.

And like, mods will probably say "talking about religion is not allowed" and yes, I know it's not. But this is not something to joke about. I'm glad they are removing at it shows responsibility towards their younger players.

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
Can someone explain because I don’t see the problem here. Is there even a problem? This is just harmless role play that won’t mean anything until players starts harassing each other or forcing religious beliefs down their throats all of which isn’t present in this video but a general idea of religion.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

General Kenobi

Jun 22, 2018
Coruscant
Can someone explain because I don’t see the problem here. Is there even a problem? This is just harmless role play that won’t mean anything until players starts harassing each other or forcing religious beliefs down their throats all of which isn’t present in this video but a general idea of religion.
it was funny to watch and people were just fooling around. i’m pretty sure the ffa people must have thought it was hilarious too

Reactions: Jevmen
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!!🍰🥳
This is YOUR daily doe of facts #57-
The shortest war in recorded history took place between Britain and the Sultanate of Zanzibar on August 27, 1896. It lasted just 38 minutes.
insane forceshadowing.PNG

Proof I can predict the future~
i thought 1.21 was the trails and tales update wtf i'm so out of the loop
GiGaGekkies wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday
Reesle wrote on Fodjdkd999's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! If you need help with something, feel free to DM me or a staff member! :D
Top Bottom