Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which do you prefer: 1.8 or 1.9 pvp?

• Total voters

Loganblahtimes2

Novice Member
Feb 1, 2017
Limbo
Not really any point in the thread, just wanted to hear the public's opinion.

What does everyone think of the 1.9 attack mechanics, having to wait and swing your sword?

Personally, I'm a big fan of it. I think that this finally inserted skill into pvp, instead of just jitter clicking and/or butterfly clicking, (jitter butterfly clicking... gives me nightmares), and you can escape battles with a legitimate amount of health left instead of just two hearts and be able to get a few more kills and not be clean-up. Also, you have the occasional spammer noob, a free point or two.
Secondly, which one do you think is the better overall weapon in pvp?
Too bad, that was rhetorical!
I did some studying (believe it or not) and I found out that the sword does more DPS (Damage Per Second) than the axe. Take that, haha!

Reactions: StanEXE

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
It's different :P and I like it because it's different but I don't think it's better than 1.8. Both take different kinds of skill of you can't really compare the two, the one (1.8) needs a lot of control and consistent accuracy while clicking fast and there are a different items that you can use as secondaries like the rod.
1.9 though you can afford to miss a hit occasionally because unless you are fighting someone really good they will more than likely miss at some point too and missing in 1.9 is so much more noticeable than in 1.8.

The weapon I prefer to use is the sword mainly because I'm better with it and it's faster :P but there are people who can use an axe really well and are able to counter the sword. It's all to do with what you have practised with me and how you actually use them.

I think though I still do prefer 1.8 pvp. I enjoy it a lot more and it's faster paced.

Reactions: Max ♠ and Jako_Nc

Jako_Nc

Novice Member
Jan 20, 2017
Australia
1.9 pvp is way better for me, if been played eggwars for a year now and i focused my interest in the pvp, and now my axe pvp is just... YES
so now ima talk about my axe combos and strategies and why i like 1.9 pvp alot more might be alot of text 0-0 sorry if i may sound like im patting myself on the back to much, im just really proud of what iv done with this pvp c:

Firstly, iv developed my own pvp styles, techniques, strategies, and combos, i get called a hacker in almost every game which i personaly take as a complement, i mean thats basicly saying you can kill really well, movement pvp is my main pvp style, you have to be really good at parkour and make use of all the movement keys (W, A, S, D) with this i can dodge by duking players and lay pushing combos, its always a good idea to stear the player you're pushing in a certain direction, that way you have an even better advantage over them, if they are not being pushed or i know there to good to be pushed i usually do pre-made combos like a sidestep dodge followed by a critical hit, right after the critical hit do a rotating action and land in 1-3 more uncharged hits to deal extra damage and knockback, dont get this confused with spam, this does about a heart more per hit, then stop rotating and rush back while jumping, do a 180 in the air to see if you have to dodge or keep moving, then prepare to charge again in a different combo, thats only one of my axe combos to, my technique for knockback is the bow and axe combo, my technique for dodging and repelling is movement pvp, my technique for wall jumping/bridge pvp/escaping is block placing strategies, and there is alot more techniques i have to come out of all situations, it only depends on the other players or if i can do it correctly for me to do it.

SO
that's why i like 1.9 pvp and why i think the axe is the best weapon, it has way more strategic value but can be very challenging to controll if you stick by recharge of the wepon, if you need to hit someone to do somthing, just do it, the full recharge can still deal good damage at half/quarter charge. i think thats why the axe is so under-rated, people need to find loopwholes in the pvp system if they wanna get better, something like you still recharge you wepon and can shoot a bow in your offhand bar.

Anyway i need to stop typing i have a habit i swear, every time i wanna talk about pvp in eggwars this is what happens AHH,
anyway cya!

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017

What does everyone think of the 1.9 attack mechanics, having to wait and swing your sword?

Personally, I'm a big fan of it. I think that this finally inserted skill into pvp, instead of just jitter clicking and/or butterfly clicking, (jitter butterfly clicking... gives me nightmares), and you can escape battles with a legitimate amount of health left instead of just two hearts and be able to get a few more kills and not be clean-up. Also, you have the occasional spammer noob, a free point or two.
I did some studying (believe it or not) and I found out that the sword does more DPS (Damage Per Second) than the axe. Take that, haha!
Why is this in the eggwars section, shouldn't this be in the pvp?

L

Lepzi

I used to hate 1.9 I hated that you had to wait to swing for me at the time it was hard and just boring because I love to spam click but after a while of playing 1.9 I slowly got better and loved it a lot more about a year ago I would have said 1.8 no doubt but now I love 1.9 so much more.

Reactions: StanEXE

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

1.9 is skills
1.8 is noobs and hackers

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Although I do agree...

Please actually give arguments.

Ok...

1.8 is not only great for noobs to use KB and spamm hit against you its also hackers parisdise and lots of clients are built on it...

1.9 is not so good because KB is lowerd and you take 0 damage from spamm hits (most of the time) Hackers are thinned out because only so many clients can keep up with 1.9+ and also with anti-cheats

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Ok...

1.8 is not only great for noobs to use KB and spamm hit against you its also hackers parisdise and lots of clients are built on it...

1.9 is not so good because KB is lowerd and you take 0 damage from spamm hits (most of the time) Hackers are thinned out because only so many clients can keep up with 1.9+ and also with anti-cheats
Newsflash, not all hackers use killaura, some use anti kb, fly, velocity and something that makes it so their crosshairs is always on you, all of these work on 1.9 and 1.8, while there are less clients, there are still the same amount of people who want to use hax and therefore they will just all use the same hacks, not much different. 1.9 pvp lasts longer which can be annoying, but on 1.8 fights are too short, and on bad lion, 98% of their games have full diamond enchanted armor. 1.8 works with all armor types, but full diamond on 1.9 takes too long.

1.9 has stupid axe users!!! Sorry the angers gone now, there is more strafing however and more different strategys, on 1.8 there is steaightlining, blockhitting, and strafing I geuss? On 1.9 there is axe strafing, crit spamming, chain hitting, extreme strafing and running is actually possible, one major con with 1.8 is that 78% of 1.8 pvpers has arthritis and another 12% has carpal tunnel. Fake numbers. I would say they are both good, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, however I prefer 1.9. Neither is better than the others but I prefer 1.9

Reactions: 0ffense

giesko

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2017
netherlands
i prefere 1.8 because it takes more skill. 1.9 is just aiming and 1 mis hit and you lose the battle. 1.8 you also have more to do with the movment, clickspeed (a little) and constant aiming and not just w88 100 hours and kick 1 time

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
and not just w88 100 hours and kick 1 time
This only applies to people who use axes to pvp or people who just click too slow with their sword.
1.9 is just aiming and 1 mis hit and you lose the battle
Not really.
1.8 is someone comes from behind and the moment they hit you, you lost
1.8 you also have more to do with the movment
I don't think so because in 1.9 criticals are way more important + timing as well which makes movement a lot more important.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
I love 1.8, I can deal with 1.9 but 1.8 is SO much better IMO. It takes skill to become a pro pvper in 1.8, it requires a variety of techniques like w tap. Click speed affecting pvp does sound dumb, but it takes practice. The only thing you need to practice in 1.9 is aim, thats it. As long as you can hit your opponent spot on with every hit after the cooldown then your golden. Aim is crucial in 1.8 but there are many other factors such as kb that come into play. In 1.9 theres hardly any kb, the only way I know you can hit someone off a ledge is if you get an unanswered combo on them that you execute perfectly.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
it requires a variety of techniques like w tap
So does 1.9 lol
The only thing you need to practice in 1.9 is aim, thats it
and timing your hits perfectly, and stafing, and critting, and dealing knockback according to how you want it, and critting, strafing, and timing all at the same time, deciding how close to the enemy you want to be, block placement, right time to eat, do I need to go on?
As long as you can hit your opponent spot on with every hit after the cooldown then your golden.
So basically killaura?
Also, not really true. Sometimes you might want to hit before the cooldown is over to break a combo, get the first hit, to prevent the opponent from landing a sideways crit on you, etc.
Plus, even if you hit the opponent exactly after the cooldown, the enemy would still win if he gets crits.
In 1.9 theres hardly any kb
Correction: Cubecraft's 1.8 has broken knockback, which is not supposed to be how it is. (at least last time I played it)
and Yes, if you hit your opponent without w/s tapping, you won't come far with knockback.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
So does 1.9 lol

and timing your hits perfectly, and stafing, and critting, and dealing knockback according to how you want it, and critting, strafing, and timing all at the same time, deciding how close to the enemy you want to be, block placement, right time to eat, do I need to go on?

block placement, right time to eat...? Where do you get those two from? And you can't control where you want you enemy to be, they can move quite a bit in between each of your hits. You can hardly deal knockback so it doesn't really matter, strafing is just dodging attacks just like in 1.8. Critting is just jumping and hitting, timing isn't hard at all just wait for your crosshair to disappear.

So basically killaura?
Also, not really true. Sometimes you might want to hit before the cooldown is over to break a combo, get the first hit, to prevent the opponent from landing a sideways crit on you, etc.
Plus, even if you hit the opponent exactly after the cooldown, the enemy would still win if he gets crits.

No of course it isn't kill aura you can get every hit on your opponent if you practice. All it takes to get a crit is to jump and hit you opponent, same thing with 1.8. And getting he first hit doesn't give you any advantages in 1.9, because you have to wait to hit again. I have never heard of a sideways crit.

Correction: Cubecraft's 1.8 has broken knockback, which is not supposed to be how it is. (at least last time I played it)
and Yes, if you hit your opponent without w/s tapping, you won't come far with knockback.

Ok then, I don't know what REAL legit knockback is supposed to be like so I can't make an argument.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
IMG_2175.JPG

CheatersDontWin

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2016
Skywars.
www.google.be
If I'm not lagging then I really prefer 1.9, if I'm lagging then 1.8 is actually better cuz you just need to spam click like hell.
Anyways, what I prefer about 1.9 is: you can just PvP on a normal way, you can eat your apple, you can place lava, you can place water, etc.
I'm not into that fast PvP thing AKA 1.8.

I'm not crazy.

TBH I do 3x as better in 1.9 than I do 1.8.
In 1.8 I can:
Win a 2v1

In 1.9:
6v1 at best.

I feel you, it also depends if they are good.
If you have 6 spammers then you can win it, if you just have talented guys, then it's a 50/50.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Good morning Cube <3 Off to work >.<
Have a nice day everyone xx
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #55-
If a big or medium slime or magma cube is named with a name tag, and then dies, its smaller versions will have the same name.
Mintypie231 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday green budgie!! 🎂🎈
Xi1m wrote on Capitan's profile.
you’re officially cool
IMG_9112.jpeg
Eli wrote on matcha's profile.
Happy to see you around! :)
Top Bottom