Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What Should We Do?

• Total voters

MasterPengiun

Dec 27, 2016
IMPORTANT: Before You Continue To Read This Post, This Post Has Language!

When playing on cubecraft, there is a "filter." Well, that is completely broken. Instead of saying the F Bomb they say fuk or fuc or fc or fk and so on. And this applies to the other words. People use abbreviations. Another thing is people are able to swear! People swear on the servers, even though there is a filter. My point is if there is a filter it should do it's Job! I belive that the filter should be removed in all! Another part of the broken chat is /fmsg <name>. This is not just retundent, and makes it hard to talk to your friends privately, you can talk during the start of the game. Yes, the part when you are able to vote. Go try it yourself. If there is a /fmsg <name> make it easier to talk to that friend, and make it work like the chat!

Reactions: Firewand

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
No matter how effective a filter is, people will still be able to bypass it.
Report the offenders and bobs your uncle.
If it offends you so much, then the internet is probably a bad place for you to play.
When in game or in the same lobby do /tell followed by the players first name and then press tab. That was nice and quick wasn't it?
A party system is apparently in the works which will make it even easier for you to talk in private.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
If there is a /fmsg <name> make it easier to talk to that friend, and make it work like the chat!
There is already /fmsg <name> <message>. You can also do /fr <message> for easier responses. So unless you are suggesting a change to the /fmsg system, I don't what you are trying to say at the end. :)

L

Lepzi

I mean i don't really care i just end up warning that person and then record.

MasterPengiun

Dec 27, 2016
If it offends you so much, then the internet is probably a bad place for you to play.

I said It doesn't offend me, I would have it rather to be removed.
Gosh people are so easy to jump on each other.

Welcome To The Internet, Humanity At It's Finest!

Spinnypoo

Dedicated Member
May 12, 2016
mum
www.cubecraft.net
People will always come up with different way to swear. The best we can do is give them warnings and report them. And really the /f msg part? It's as simple as /f remove or you can warn your "friend" to stop it because you don't like it (if that's what you mean)

MasterPengiun

Dec 27, 2016
I Agree, but why have a filter in the first place, if cubecraft won't try to update the filter or fix bypasses then let us curse.

Spinnypoo

Dedicated Member
May 12, 2016
mum
www.cubecraft.net
I Agree, but why have a filter in the first place, if cubecraft won't try to update the filter or fix bypasses then let us curse.
Cubecraft are very busy with the anti cheat and other things. They ask us all to be patient. I'm sure once the Anti cheat is done they will have time for things like this. Who knows maybe they are looking at this very thread. Being patient is all they ask

MasterPengiun

Dec 27, 2016
"Ant-Cheat" Almost every game I play, guess what a hacker. I'm pretty sure, Cubecraft doesn't have much of a "anti-cheat" proof server.

DocMenios

Jul 21, 2016
In a country
chat filter will always get bypassed , for example "malaka" in Greek means @sshole ( with american translate not english UK ) , so i woud like to see a improvement friend msg :)
people can swear to feel better not to disturb someone

Spinnypoo

Dedicated Member
May 12, 2016
mum
www.cubecraft.net
Can you not, what do you want them to do drop everything and run to your aid? There are thousands of other people. The are trying there best. And I will quote my self by saying
Cubecraft are very busy with the anti cheat and other things. They ask us all to be patient. I'm sure once the Anti cheat is done they will have time for things like this. Who knows maybe they are looking at this very thread. Being patient is all they ask

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Can you not, what do you want them to do drop everything and run to your aid? There are thousands of other people. The are trying there best. And I will quote my self by saying
This is an example of wrong priorities. Sure, the updates are good and all. But without a decent anticheat that 1. kick actual hackers and 2. doesn't kick legit players (the opposite of the current anticheat), a lot of games will still not be so fun.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
The point of the filter is to warn people that swearing is not allowed. It is never meant to prevent rulebreaking. The only way to prevent swearing altogether is just to mute everyone, so unless ypu're going to take that path don't even try.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle

I said It doesn't offend me, I would have it rather to be removed.
Gosh people are so easy to jump on each other.

Welcome To The Internet, Humanity At It's Finest!

So why make the post about this if it doesn't bother you?
To what purpose would removing the filter serve?
It's there to protect younger people from learning these words and to keep chat clean/pg.
It's like saying let's get rid of the police force because people still commit crimes.
Measures like these are used to try to prevent offences, improving a filter is much more difficult than just banning every abbreviation of the actual word.
Think of banning "fk" then people can't say they're going afk, that would just be stupid.
Of course I'm not saying the filter is perfect, but instead of making a pointless post, back it up with some suggestions to improve it.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
hbd
Kazwa wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Windwardglue105 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
basketman

this you?

1714261124344.png
Capitan wrote on Otherworld's profile.
♥️
Top Bottom