Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

RqktByMax_

Novice Member
May 4, 2018
belgium
Eh, I'm actually pretty sad Blockwars was removed. It was a nice game that my friends and I enjoyed playing together. Oh well, I will be looking forward to it's comeback if it ever gets one!
Blockswars, ... are coming back in around 2weeks. so now u need to play something else. i know horrible, but stay fresh and a alot of fun on the server :D

Suzanne16

Jan 17, 2017
I really hope that you are fully aware that you've lost A LOT of players due to this update. It is also true that not many people joined these games, (except for blockwars, every time I played that game there were enough people). If you want more people again, I suggest bringing back the old arcade. The one with the amazing and unique games like hour glass. I can guarantee you, a lot of players will be delighted to hear that. This is because these games are not common in servers, but games like skywars are. Those unique games were my reason to play cubecraft. I know that I myself have no reason to join cubecraft anymore. There are tons of servers with the same exact games now. If you disagree with me, at least create a new arcade. In my opinion, that was the best thing ever in cubecraft.

D

Deleted member 352903

The last week before the update I tryharded SkyWars and didn't play Arcade at all :( Oh boi I'm gonna miss it

Foxy011

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom
I really hope that you are fully aware that you've lost A LOT of players due to this update. It is also true that not many people joined these games, (except for blockwars, every time I played that game there were enough people). If you want more people again, I suggest bringing back the old arcade. The one with the amazing and unique games like hour glass. I can guarantee you, a lot of players will be delighted to hear that. This is because these games are not common in servers, but games like skywars are. Those unique games were my reason to play cubecraft. I know that I myself have no reason to join cubecraft anymore. There are tons of servers with the same exact games now. If you disagree with me, at least create a new arcade. In my opinion, that was the best thing ever in cubecraft.
I agree, Cubecraft is trying to be like other servers now.

Bring back the old and unique games that made Cubecraft, Cubecraft.

Reactions: Lilleh__

clenar

Oct 3, 2018
i made this account just so i could complain about blockwars being deleted pls bring it back omdffg

Reactions: God.

Skyfire_swe

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2017
Sweden
View attachment 148871
Hello CubeCrafters!

It's been a while since I got to write an update but here we go.

Here's the TL;DR: We're removing games that had little to no players and have redesigned the lobby. If you'd like to know more read on!

We're aware that there are going to be players of the games we've removed who are very disappointed but we also think that you'll appreciate the fact that getting those games to start took a long long time and in some cases was impossible. We've tried to make sure that there is a balance between combat orientated games and games that are popular without combat. The last slot (currently "???") will be taken up by a featured game. Any guesses on what our first one might be?

Currently available in the new lobby is:
  • Tower Defence
  • Lucky Islands
  • SkyWars
  • EggWars
  • PvP
  • Parkour
  • ???????

It's been a long time coming for us to clean up all the mini-games we have and make the network both more manageable for us and better for players. With the decrease generally in the number of Minecraft Java players we've decided now is the right time. For the longtime CubeCraft players put yourself in the shoes of a new player who's joining the network for the first time (yes there are still a fair few of those!). If they joined one of our less popular games then they may have to wait quite a while for it to start. In fact that game may never start, which would be a very frustrating player experience. Decreasing the number of total games allows them to be full more of the time and make sure they begin quickly. We have had a similar experience on Bedrock and players can get in to a game quickly with it starting regularly.

Fewer games means that we can also focus on improvements to those games. I know that it frustrates members of the community when they suggest something, get feed back and even receive the "Escalated" tag but then not see it in the game weeks or even months after. The main reason for this is time and resource. Many people who want to help seem to think that both of these are unlimited (or at least more than we have). To provide continuous updates for 41 different games (as single and team modes are different code wise) as a team of 7 developers is impossible. This has changed in recent months as we also started working on the Bedrock versions of our games too. The only way that it is feasible for us to continue is to decrease the number of games we have allowing more of our developers a chance to work on them.

It's worth noting that just because a lot of games are going to be unavailable we're not simply deleting them. For now we'll be showing them off on a 2 week rotating basis through the Featured Game area. This is also where we'll show off our seasonal games. We've already decided what our first featured game will be and we're looking forward to releasing it, however we'd like to hear which games you want to see after that. Leave us a comment below with your vote! (Unless it's BlockBand, that's not coming back).

There are some negatives of the new lobby system. For now we've removed the compass so you will have to walk and hit the NPC you want to play however we've also taken the redesign as an opportunity to add in a lot of other quality of life updates:
  • There are no longer lots of different lobbies each with their own layouts meaning we can focus builders on new game maps etc.
  • All players will pass through the main lobby making it easier to find people you want to play with.
  • The old leaderboards are gone and are now in a menu meaning we can show the top 200 players not just the top 5!
  • Game shops are now available in the main lobby (accessed via the book in your inventory).
  • The Lucky Islands resource pack is now optional.
  • You can see the player counts for each game from the lobby.
  • New duel settings! Right click on a player to challenge them (disable-able in settings).
  • New Lobby Parkour and Vortex Jump.
  • New Chest Chaser and Relic Hunter locations.
  • Redesigned Main Lobby (we made it a little smaller so it's easier to find things!)

Now that's the main negative out of the way, let's talk about some of the new features and changes!

Just like the Bedrock version of CubeCraft we have now added NPCs to our main lobby that you can use to select a game. All the functionality is still there that you would expect such as being able to select maps as a premium user.

Left clicking on an NPC will bring up the menu for that game. From here you can click on the game's item to jump in to a game or (if you have a rank that allows it) right click the icon to select a map. For games with more than one version (for example team and solo) you will see two icons.

In the bottom right you can also see a map. Clicking on this will show your statistics for that game.

This is where you'll be able to find our seasonal games (with one coming soon ;)) and out of season they'll be a different game every 2 weeks. We'll be announcing them in advance so you'll know what's available when. We'll also be opening up a poll every now and again for you guys to vote on the games you want to see here. Who knows, maybe if a game is consistently popular it might get a permanent zone...

View attachment 148872
That's everything I think. A lot to digest and no doubt a lot to get used to! I hope that you can all understand the reasons behind this and I look forward to seeing which games get chosen to be featured. The new leaderboard system is also interesting... but that's for another, future, post!

See you all in game :D

Seriously Cubecraft, what have you done? Don't you realise that the different lobbies are the special gathering place where for example the Lucky Islands community gathers, talks and gets to know one another? Now we Lucky Islanders will be scattered on loads of different rooms with people we don't know who probably plays something completely different.

THIS. UPDATE. SEPERATES. DIVIDES. COMMUNITY.
Don't you see that, dear Cubecraft?

Why do you fix things where there is no problem? Have you even asked the Skywars community or Lucky Islands community if they wanted you to destroy there online home? I guess the rumour is true then about you, you don't listen to the player base - but just do your own thing far oblivious to the regular people.

You barely argue for the lobby change in the article. Don't you understand how much of a big deal this is? Some people spend HOURS just hanging out in the lobbies with their game-community. The chance of meeting acquaintances randomly now are EXTREMELY rare. You have destroyed peoples familiar lobbies, and replaced them with a sterile one-size-fits-all waiting room. Like a hospital waiting room - a place where you have to pass through and are happy to leave. How do you suggest new players in etc Lucky Islands now will get to know other Lucky Islanders? In-game? You have removed one of their greatest opportunities to get to know new friends. You have made Cubecraft a less social and more unfriendly place.

You need to rebuild the lobbies.
Like now.
Now.

/Skyfire_swe

clenar

Oct 3, 2018
bruhhhh this server is where i met most of my closest online friends and nowwww i guesss i can't meet them up and play block wars anymore thats such a shaaameeeeeee wow. So many memories from it :c its so sad it had to end so soooooon hahaha uNLESSS u bring it back ; ) hint hint

stoupiid

Oct 2, 2018
Earth
namemc.com
bruhhhh this server is where i met most of my closest online friends and nowwww i guesss i can't meet them up and play block wars anymore thats such a shaaameeeeeee wow. So many memories from it :c its so sad it had to end so soooooon hahaha uNLESSS u bring it back ; ) hint hint
Would be appreciated...

Thiemo

Aug 24, 2015
For everyone complaining about the fact that lobbies got removed, yeah it sucks, it feels so weird to not have specific game lobbies, but in overal this is just a great change. The way they worked it out could have been better, but overall, a good change. Minecraft Java is slowly dying as the average playerage is going down and more players play on the Bedrock version of Minecraft. By using this new lobby system you will feel a lot more involved with the community, rather then just being in huge lobbies with 10 players. It makes you feel more warmed, more welcomed by, yes you guessed it right, more players.
It might rip apart seperate communities, but they will come together in 1 closer community due to less lobbies being devided with a smaller playercount, so no, the 1 lobby only isn't a bad idea at all, I in fact like that part of the update, so good job on that.

Skyfire_swe

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2017
Sweden
This is it. Cubecraft destroyed our Online Homes (read: lobbies), and never bothered to ask. It's like going in when people are sleeping, demolishing their house, and then going:

"SURPRIIIISE" - we destroyed your house!!! BUT don't be sad, we built you a new one! It's a new beautiful house that you must share with EVERYONE in the city. Aren't you happy about our little update?"

Don't you, dear Cubecraft, understand that the different game lobbies existed to create smaller rooms within a large server. These rooms that you destroyed, were community areas where people met and made new friends. How are new Lucky Island-players supposed to met other LI-players now? In one of the 80+ lobbies with people scattered from all games? Not very likely.

With one move you have killed communities. You know, I can't have most LI-players as CC-friends. But I like to met them in the lobby and say hi! Its like a virtual neighbour hood. I am now sad, because I won't be meeting other Lucky Island players in the lobby anymore. And MOST OF ALL the not quite so popular LI-people will be sad, cause they will feel alone in the vast sterile one-size-fits-all-waiting-room that is the new reality of Cubecraft. These people will now have even harder to connect to other Lucky Islanders.

I had heard several rumours about the staff of Cubecraft. That they solve problems that aren't problems, and add things no one asked for. I am sad so say that this now is my experience as well. CC, you added tons of hours (and money) into BattleZone and removed our online homes. You delayed parkour forever and added a plus rank that annoyed people to bits. I honestly am very disappointed, and have already on Discord seen cc-people wanting to go to HyPixel. Can't blame them really.

The announcement in itself is really terrible to read. No excuses. No real arguments for the removal of the game lobbies.
What could CC have done better? If they wanted to remove the lobbies, they should have engaged us in the community. Asked for our opinion. And if they decided to go through with it, say that "we will make the change in 6 months" in order to give people time to adjust to the change.

It's not to late Cubecraft,
repent and restore the game lobbies.
NO ONE I HAVE TALKED TO like that the lobbies are destroyed.

Regards,
Skyfire_swe

ᴀᴜsᴛɪɴ

Novice Member
Jun 5, 2017
Canada, BC,
Alright. I’m not trying to be mean. But if the servers already partially dead. Why would you be removing games that people like? It makes no sense. We could have all gone without this update. Also no one cares about NCP’s ;)
@johncoles why don’t you just read what people are saying for once? Who ever asked for these games modes to be removed. We need better updates on games and stuff. Not your lazy ass removing games for no reason.

god servers gonna be down even more players now oof

IrisK

Aug 14, 2018
Actually, the only thing I'm sad about is the fact that you can't choose a map for the games. But overall I thing it'll make things a lot better and easier for the server. And GOD THANK YOU that you kept Tower Defence, that's actually the only game I play

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Robbedz's profile.
Thanks for everything
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Silverlace's profile.
Thanks for everything
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on SanCookie's profile.
Bedankt voor alles cookie, ik wens je veel succes in de toekomst :)
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thanks for everything Egg, wish you good luck :)
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
This all so unexpected, thanks for everything, wish you good luck in the future Soul
Top Bottom