Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Monelise

Oct 3, 2018
View attachment 148871
Hello CubeCrafters!

It's been a while since I got to write an update but here we go.

Here's the TL;DR: We're removing games that had little to no players and have redesigned the lobby. If you'd like to know more read on!

We're aware that there are going to be players of the games we've removed who are very disappointed but we also think that you'll appreciate the fact that getting those games to start took a long long time and in some cases was impossible. We've tried to make sure that there is a balance between combat orientated games and games that are popular without combat. The last slot (currently "???") will be taken up by a featured game. Any guesses on what our first one might be?

Currently available in the new lobby is:
  • Tower Defence
  • Lucky Islands
  • SkyWars
  • EggWars
  • PvP
  • Parkour
  • ???????

It's been a long time coming for us to clean up all the mini-games we have and make the network both more manageable for us and better for players. With the decrease generally in the number of Minecraft Java players we've decided now is the right time. For the longtime CubeCraft players put yourself in the shoes of a new player who's joining the network for the first time (yes there are still a fair few of those!). If they joined one of our less popular games then they may have to wait quite a while for it to start. In fact that game may never start, which would be a very frustrating player experience. Decreasing the number of total games allows them to be full more of the time and make sure they begin quickly. We have had a similar experience on Bedrock and players can get in to a game quickly with it starting regularly.

Fewer games means that we can also focus on improvements to those games. I know that it frustrates members of the community when they suggest something, get feed back and even receive the "Escalated" tag but then not see it in the game weeks or even months after. The main reason for this is time and resource. Many people who want to help seem to think that both of these are unlimited (or at least more than we have). To provide continuous updates for 41 different games (as single and team modes are different code wise) as a team of 7 developers is impossible. This has changed in recent months as we also started working on the Bedrock versions of our games too. The only way that it is feasible for us to continue is to decrease the number of games we have allowing more of our developers a chance to work on them.

It's worth noting that just because a lot of games are going to be unavailable we're not simply deleting them. For now we'll be showing them off on a 2 week rotating basis through the Featured Game area. This is also where we'll show off our seasonal games. We've already decided what our first featured game will be and we're looking forward to releasing it, however we'd like to hear which games you want to see after that. Leave us a comment below with your vote! (Unless it's BlockBand, that's not coming back).

There are some negatives of the new lobby system. For now we've removed the compass so you will have to walk and hit the NPC you want to play however we've also taken the redesign as an opportunity to add in a lot of other quality of life updates:
  • There are no longer lots of different lobbies each with their own layouts meaning we can focus builders on new game maps etc.
  • All players will pass through the main lobby making it easier to find people you want to play with.
  • The old leaderboards are gone and are now in a menu meaning we can show the top 200 players not just the top 5!
  • Game shops are now available in the main lobby (accessed via the book in your inventory).
  • The Lucky Islands resource pack is now optional.
  • You can see the player counts for each game from the lobby.
  • New duel settings! Right click on a player to challenge them (disable-able in settings).
  • New Lobby Parkour and Vortex Jump.
  • New Chest Chaser and Relic Hunter locations.
  • Redesigned Main Lobby (we made it a little smaller so it's easier to find things!)

Now that's the main negative out of the way, let's talk about some of the new features and changes!

Just like the Bedrock version of CubeCraft we have now added NPCs to our main lobby that you can use to select a game. All the functionality is still there that you would expect such as being able to select maps as a premium user.

Left clicking on an NPC will bring up the menu for that game. From here you can click on the game's item to jump in to a game or (if you have a rank that allows it) right click the icon to select a map. For games with more than one version (for example team and solo) you will see two icons.

In the bottom right you can also see a map. Clicking on this will show your statistics for that game.

This is where you'll be able to find our seasonal games (with one coming soon ;)) and out of season they'll be a different game every 2 weeks. We'll be announcing them in advance so you'll know what's available when. We'll also be opening up a poll every now and again for you guys to vote on the games you want to see here. Who knows, maybe if a game is consistently popular it might get a permanent zone...

View attachment 148872
That's everything I think. A lot to digest and no doubt a lot to get used to! I hope that you can all understand the reasons behind this and I look forward to seeing which games get chosen to be featured. The new leaderboard system is also interesting... but that's for another, future, post!

See you all in game :D
View attachment 148871
Hello CubeCrafters!

It's been a while since I got to write an update but here we go.

Here's the TL;DR: We're removing games that had little to no players and have redesigned the lobby. If you'd like to know more read on!

We're aware that there are going to be players of the games we've removed who are very disappointed but we also think that you'll appreciate the fact that getting those games to start took a long long time and in some cases was impossible. We've tried to make sure that there is a balance between combat orientated games and games that are popular without combat. The last slot (currently "???") will be taken up by a featured game. Any guesses on what our first one might be?

Currently available in the new lobby is:
  • Tower Defence
  • Lucky Islands
  • SkyWars
  • EggWars
  • PvP
  • Parkour
  • ???????

It's been a long time coming for us to clean up all the mini-games we have and make the network both more manageable for us and better for players. With the decrease generally in the number of Minecraft Java players we've decided now is the right time. For the longtime CubeCraft players put yourself in the shoes of a new player who's joining the network for the first time (yes there are still a fair few of those!). If they joined one of our less popular games then they may have to wait quite a while for it to start. In fact that game may never start, which would be a very frustrating player experience. Decreasing the number of total games allows them to be full more of the time and make sure they begin quickly. We have had a similar experience on Bedrock and players can get in to a game quickly with it starting regularly.

Fewer games means that we can also focus on improvements to those games. I know that it frustrates members of the community when they suggest something, get feed back and even receive the "Escalated" tag but then not see it in the game weeks or even months after. The main reason for this is time and resource. Many people who want to help seem to think that both of these are unlimited (or at least more than we have). To provide continuous updates for 41 different games (as single and team modes are different code wise) as a team of 7 developers is impossible. This has changed in recent months as we also started working on the Bedrock versions of our games too. The only way that it is feasible for us to continue is to decrease the number of games we have allowing more of our developers a chance to work on them.

It's worth noting that just because a lot of games are going to be unavailable we're not simply deleting them. For now we'll be showing them off on a 2 week rotating basis through the Featured Game area. This is also where we'll show off our seasonal games. We've already decided what our first featured game will be and we're looking forward to releasing it, however we'd like to hear which games you want to see after that. Leave us a comment below with your vote! (Unless it's BlockBand, that's not coming back).

There are some negatives of the new lobby system. For now we've removed the compass so you will have to walk and hit the NPC you want to play however we've also taken the redesign as an opportunity to add in a lot of other quality of life updates:
  • There are no longer lots of different lobbies each with their own layouts meaning we can focus builders on new game maps etc.
  • All players will pass through the main lobby making it easier to find people you want to play with.
  • The old leaderboards are gone and are now in a menu meaning we can show the top 200 players not just the top 5!
  • Game shops are now available in the main lobby (accessed via the book in your inventory).
  • The Lucky Islands resource pack is now optional.
  • You can see the player counts for each game from the lobby.
  • New duel settings! Right click on a player to challenge them (disable-able in settings).
  • New Lobby Parkour and Vortex Jump.
  • New Chest Chaser and Relic Hunter locations.
  • Redesigned Main Lobby (we made it a little smaller so it's easier to find things!)

Now that's the main negative out of the way, let's talk about some of the new features and changes!

Just like the Bedrock version of CubeCraft we have now added NPCs to our main lobby that you can use to select a game. All the functionality is still there that you would expect such as being able to select maps as a premium user.

Left clicking on an NPC will bring up the menu for that game. From here you can click on the game's item to jump in to a game or (if you have a rank that allows it) right click the icon to select a map. For games with more than one version (for example team and solo) you will see two icons.

In the bottom right you can also see a map. Clicking on this will show your statistics for that game.

This is where you'll be able to find our seasonal games (with one coming soon ;)) and out of season they'll be a different game every 2 weeks. We'll be announcing them in advance so you'll know what's available when. We'll also be opening up a poll every now and again for you guys to vote on the games you want to see here. Who knows, maybe if a game is consistently popular it might get a permanent zone...

View attachment 148872
That's everything I think. A lot to digest and no doubt a lot to get used to! I hope that you can all understand the reasons behind this and I look forward to seeing which games get chosen to be featured. The new leaderboard system is also interesting... but that's for another, future, post!

See you all in game :D
I liked Hunger Games The most on cubecraft, i played that the most to, please add Hunger Games again, i really miss it.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
If there was another big server that runs 1.9+ this update would've been the final nail in the coffin.

Reactions: God.

Skyfire_swe

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2017
Sweden
One constructive suggestions: if you must cram everything into the main lobby, PLZ add some space between the game modes . The main area feels so crammed and non-creative. The game modes should have like differently themed surroundings and have enough space that for e .g the lucky islands community has their own spot in the main room .

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016
One constructive suggestions: if you must cram everything into the main lobby, PLZ add some space between the game modes . The main area feels so crammed and non-creative. The game modes should have like differently themed surroundings and have enough space that for e .g the lucky islands community has their own spot in the main room .
yeah i have to agree it does feel a little crammed...

Torbin78

Feb 2, 2017
Minnesota
I'm not a fan of this update, I always enjoyed being able to select maps to play on eggwars. I Also really enjoyed playing speed eggwars. Good luck Cubecraft I feel like this wasn't a very good idea.

LEO_KILLER_01

Nov 30, 2016
The Gym
Ok, I think most of the player base right now disagree with this update, but saying things like "Bring Back Old Cube" are just simply not gonna help. They have said that they are not going to remove this update, then why don't we suggest ideas to make it better? Why don't we propose new game modes, new ideas, things that should be added to improve this update? Just giving destructive criticism instead of constructive critics doesn't help, instead, it does more damage.:cube_light:

Reactions: Lilleh__

God.

Apr 29, 2017
Hell
I think it would be better to add a poll with options of what game you want to come back for the rotation system.

Skyfire_swe

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2017
Sweden
Ok, I think most of the player base right now disagree with this update, but saying things like "Bring Back Old Cube" are just simply not gonna help. They have said that they are not going to remove this update, then why don't we suggest ideas to make it better? Why don't we propose new game modes, new ideas, things that should be added to improve this update? Just giving destructive criticism instead of constructive critics doesn't help, instead, it does more damage.:cube_light:

Before the phase of constructive critique must come a reaction phase . People have emotions and need to be able to express disappointment and anger when they feel those in charge are making poor decisions that affect their everyday life online .

LEO_KILLER_01

Nov 30, 2016
The Gym
Before the phase of constructive critique must come a reaction phase . People have emotions and need to be able to express disappointment and anger when they feel those in charge are making poor decisions that affect their everyday life online .
That "reaction phase" doesn't help, instead, it makes things even worse. People should focus on improving not on saying things that won't help at all.

Ponyah

Novice Member
Feb 14, 2017
Germany
That "reaction phase" doesn't help, instead, it makes things even worse. People should focus on improving not on saying things that won't help at all.
Ideas to make it better dont give us our loved gamemodes back.
Just read my comment I argumented why Bingo was one of the best Games they had and there are other people who got good Arguments but everything leads to give the gamemodes back.
CCG announced that Bingo got out of Beta and I was so happy about it because that meant I can Play it now more and now they just removed it. Also people who played much Bingo Wanted to support the Server and payed Money, now they removed the reason why they got supported?

Reactions: CodyPower

Skyfire_swe

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2017
Sweden

How is expressing emotions making things worse? Feelings and reactions arent dangerous in my experience :) Also, people aren't robots who only should be doing things that are helpful. We need to share concerns, frustrations and so on, especially in difficult times. This is a difficult time for faithful CC-players.

Last edited:

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016
in fairness to everyone they have been giving good suggestions about how to make cube better and nothing really has changed, when they update every time i see the players of that game say WE DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS... so saying people should focus on improving is a bit patronizing when its what they have been doing. its easy to sit there and think oh why are they complaining its only a game thats gone, but you have to understand that some people only play 1 particular game.

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
Finally Cube is taking initiative to finish the job: killing the remainder of their playerbase (no sarcasm in that statement). I think it's good that they are trying to kill off what's left, because to be completely honest, Cube doesn't deserve to be in the market anymore. It's time for them to go, and this update was a step towards that, and it's working! There were 200 players online at a certain time yesterday! Good stuff.

Reactions: EGIIIIIIIIRL
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Top Bottom