Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
I'm writing this as a follow up to a thread i wrote not long ago. I think in the other thread though the section i made for maps was more just saying 'SG needs maps' and really not too helpful with ideas to work on and how they can work on them. Ill be linking the other thread because it has ideas for other subjects that could be incorporated as well like kits and chest items.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/survival-games.180539/

I've decided to make a thread based on Map ideas so it can be referred to for any future map updates in SG because considering map submissions for SG have been taken away because of quality reasons i thought this would be the second best way to help with ideas and concepts. Any suggestions would help out :p

Map Suggestion 1:
One idea i have is a map based on a different planet or a moon in an area like some sort of station with a crashed shuttle or ship at the center of the map. Now you might say 'oh this is generic and boring' but i thought it might go nicely together with a world event that involved the sound of thunder or an explosion which would be followed by random spikes of the levitation effect which lasted about 3 to 5 seconds long which could represent a malfunction that's causing the gravity in the map to disappear and make anything that isn't attached to the ground, or in other words the players to float around and cope with the random spikes of anti gravity while fighting or running. (gives the feather-falling enchant and water-bucketing more of a reason to be used if you want to get rid of fall damage as well)

I say 3-5 seconds because i don't think it would be long enough to do too much damage when you fall back to the floor and you wouldn't be able to float on top on anything if the height of areas were carefully built. I don't think the levitation should be too often though, every so often would be enough. Maybe 3 or 4 times a game at max. I don't know if there can be much control over that though. :p

Feedback on this idea would be really appreciated and welcomed because i do see the world event sometimes becoming annoying as well. I thought it could be experimented with and end up making things a lot more interesting :p

Map Suggestion 2:
Now this suggestion is a stab in the dark and i would really like to get some feedback on this because it was an idea that randomly popped into my head and i also think it would be more seasonal for Halloween. Now i think for this map idea it could be based in some kind of abandoned town. An old wood and cobble town which is slightly over grown with plants and trees and some of the buildings falling apart with a forest surrounding it. You could also add some feature inside the forest like abandoned camps or roads or a small waterfall with a camp next to it lit up by torch light or fire as like a nice place to go in contrast to the rest of the map. Now the world event, i think it could start with the map slowly turning to night no matter what time of day was voted. Then if you remember the Halloween game 'Ender' i think it was called, I think that the jump-scare effect from that game or something similar could be incorporated into the map along with a short blindness effect maybe lasting only around 1 second before everything going back to normal, as if it's representing you blinking or a sudden short blackout. Now i don't know if this should be a thing for only certain people at a time or if you got to a certain place or even if it happens to everyone at the same time. I just thought it could be a good feature to play around with and add to a long term map.

You could say 'the jump-scare would get old after a few times of playing' and yes you are right... but either way its a distraction which is really what all the world events are.

These are just a couple ideas i had. You don't have to like them, i just thought they would be good for experimenting with and/or gives some ideas for future maps. Any ideas or suggestions i can always add to the main thread in future if i have the time but either way they are appreciated. :) <3

Last edited:

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I like the idea of the first map ♡ the levitation might be annoying to deal with but it would definitely make the game interesting to play.

The blindness of the second map would probably be really annoying if it happened during a fight but the description of the map sounds good

Reactions: Jaistrix

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
Yes thats true actually, an alternative could be a burst of blindness that fades immediately with the sound. Thinking back now 2-3 seconds its quite a long time, especially if you are fighting.
Edit: I've changed the thread, I liked the idea of a really short almost blinking blindness length. That way it doesn't really effect too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Power Ranger

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
I'm writing this as a follow up to a thread i wrote not long ago. I think in the other thread though the section i made for maps was more just saying 'SG needs maps' and really not too helpful with ideas to work on and how they can work on them. Ill be linking the other thread because it has ideas for other subjects that could be incorporated as well like kits and chest items.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/survival-games.180539/

I've decided to make a thread based on Map ideas so it can be referred to for any future map updates in SG because considering map submissions for SG have been taken away because of quality reasons i thought this would be the second best way to help with ideas and concepts. Any suggestions would help out :p

Map Suggestion 1:
One idea i have is a map based on a different planet or a moon in an area like some sort of station with a crashed shuttle or ship at the center of the map. Now you might say 'oh this is generic and boring' but i thought it might go nicely together with a world event that involved the sound of thunder or an explosion which would be followed by random spikes of the levitation effect which lasted about 3 to 5 seconds long which could represent a malfunction that's causing the gravity in the map to disappear and make anything that isn't attached to the ground, or in other words the players to float around and cope with the random spikes of anti gravity while fighting or running. (gives the feather-falling enchant and water-bucketing more of a reason to be used if you want to get rid of fall damage as well)

I say 3-5 seconds because i don't think it would be long enough to do too much damage when you fall back to the floor and you wouldn't be able to float on top on anything if the height of areas were carefully built. I don't think the levitation should be too often though, every so often would be enough. Maybe 3 or 4 times a game at max. I don't know if there can be much control over that though. :p

Feedback on this idea would be really appreciated and welcomed because i do see the world event sometimes becoming annoying as well. I thought it could be experimented with and end up making things a lot more interesting :p

Map Suggestion 2:
Now this suggestion is a stab in the dark and i would really like to get some feedback on this because it was an idea that randomly popped into my head and i also think it would be more seasonal for Halloween. Now i think for this map idea it could be based in some kind of abandoned town. An old wood and cobble town which is slightly over grown with plants and trees and some of the buildings falling apart with a forest surrounding it. You could also add some feature inside the forest like abandoned camps or roads or a small waterfall with a camp next to it lit up by torch light or fire as like a nice place to go in contrast to the rest of the map. Now the world event, i think it could start with the map slowly turning to night no matter what time of day was voted. Then if you remember the Halloween game 'Ender' i think it was called, I think that the jump-scare effect from that game or something similar could be incorporated into the map along with a short blindness effect maybe lasting only around 1 second before everything going back to normal, as if it's representing you blinking or a sudden short blackout. Now i don't know if this should be a thing for only certain people at a time or if you got to a certain place or even if it happens to everyone at the same time. I just thought it could be a good feature to play around with and add to a long term map.

You could say 'the jump-scare would get old after a few times of playing' and yes you are right... but either way its a distraction which is really what all the world events are.

These are just a couple ideas i had. You don't have to like them, i just thought they would be good for experimenting with and/or gives some ideas for future maps. Any ideas or suggestions i can always add to the main thread in future if i have the time but either way they are appreciated. :) <3
I doubt they will add a jump scare, but great ideas!

Reactions: Jaistrix

Orochi

Apr 26, 2015
The Netherlands
github.com
I love the first idea but I'm not feeling it for the second one. Almost every server has an abandoned town map. I think it really needs to be unique so people will actually play on it.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
To be honest, I don't really care what they add as long as SG gets some form of an update. I barely play it any more, and many people I know are the same, purely because we're bored of the same maps all the time. It's the only PvP based game that's on cube other than FFA, and it needs a bit of TLC to get more people playing it.
I like both your ideas for the maps, and the events would make it interesting, especially if you're in the middle of fighting someone! :)

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
I love the first idea but I'm not feeling the second idea. Almost every server has an abandoned town map. I think it really needs to be unique so people will actually play on it.

What other 1.9 servers have abandoned towns as maps?

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Reesle wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom