Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
^

so a few weeks ago i made a thread where i asked to provide a lock reason when a thread gets locked.

the suggestion got accepted.. but staff already found a way to bypass it. sorta.

example:
q4baGQK.png

so my new suggestion will be: "Don't lock threads without providing a proper reason."

ps. i know the dude is tryna be edgy and all, cuz that gives likes - but it ain't really professional for outsiders 'n stuff.
At least I replied to the "troll" thread. Sorry but, a non proper suggestion is expected to get non proper answer. I'm surprised I didn't completely delete the thread. Generally most of the time I reply or lock suggestion threads professionally and with a completely valid reason in my opinion. I'm just a bit confused that members are fine with creating troll and fake suggestions, but I'm judged for replying with a funny comment or joke this one time. It's fine, in the future I'll deal with troll suggestions as moderators would, by deleting the thread. Sorry for the inconvenience of my comment.

D

Deleted member 169486

I'm surprised I didn't completely delete the thread.
Because deleting bad suggestions is so common?

I'm just a bit confused that members are fine with creating troll and fake suggestions, but I'm judged for replying with a funny comment or joke this one time.
Because you have power so we don't like you and will criticize every little thing you do.

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Because deleting bad suggestions is so common?

Because you have power so we don't like you and will criticize every little thing you do.
Yeah, I would have deleted it, but I thought, meh I'll keep it up for people to see, but I have now moved it to a more suitable place. And I'm so happy with your message "Because you have power so we don't like you and will criticize every little thing you do." <3 :)

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Well in fairness the message implementing it said this
I've notified all staff that they must post the reason for locking whenever locking a thread. Consider this implemented!
It never says this shall be enforced
Which makes a whole new suggestion for it seem kind of redundant

Reguardless though as a general rule of thumb I agree
But based on Cam’s reply it seems it was kind of obvious why

Saying no and locking it on a thread such as that one seems kind of self explanatory

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
At least I replied to the "troll" thread. Sorry but, a non proper suggestion is expected to get non proper answer. I'm surprised I didn't completely delete the thread. Generally most of the time I reply or lock suggestion threads professionally and with a completely valid reason in my opinion. I'm just a bit confused that members are fine with creating troll and fake suggestions, but I'm judged for replying with a funny comment or joke this one time. It's fine, in the future I'll deal with troll suggestions as moderators would, by deleting the thread. Sorry for the inconvenience of my comment.
Why? What's the big deal with these threads?

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
It's fine, in the future I'll deal with troll suggestions as moderators would, by deleting the thread. Sorry for the inconvenience of my comment.
That's already better, it'll just be hard to see the difference between troll threads and threads from 'less intelligent people' sometimes..
I just believe that (at least) all the threads in the suggestion section should get a proper reply on lock, if it's so clear that it's a troll thread it's indeed better to more it to a difference section like you have done now.

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
Looks like quite a few posters here could do with refamiliarising themselves with the forum rules. While staff will often give a reason for locking a thread, they don’t have to, nor are you entitled to one.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Should be changed to "don't lock serious threads without providing a proper reason". Giving a mature and well thought out response to an obvious troll thread would've just given said troll what they wanted. I don't think it comes across as "unprofessional" to give a sarcastic response to a sarcastic thread.

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
Looks like quite a few posters here could do with refamiliarising themselves with the forum rules.
How so? Moderation behavior isn't described in the forums rules.
While staff will often give a reason for locking a thread, they don’t have to, nor are you entitled to one.
Guess why i'm making this suggestion sherlock, I want them to give proper reasons.
Also, that suggestion already got implemented over here, just aren't too happy about the result.

I've notified all staff that they must post the reason for locking whenever locking a thread. Consider this implemented!

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Looks like quite a few posters here could do with refamiliarising themselves with the forum rules. While staff will often give a reason for locking a thread, they don’t have to, nor are you entitled to one.
That's why you had to read them first before you actually knew there was a rule in there against pointless threads, right?

My earlier response to this thread was not just meant for the example mentioned in the thread, it happens more often and it looks quite unprofessional. As Skifby just mentioned above, a person from your management team even said that staff MUST post the reason when locking a thread. So I guess they have to and we're entitled to get one, right?
Should be changed to "don't lock serious threads without providing a proper reason". Giving a mature and well thought out response to an obvious troll thread would've just given said troll what they wanted. I don't think it comes across as "unprofessional" to give a sarcastic response to a sarcastic thread.
I'll give him that the thread was absolutely a troll and a well thought out response to the actual suggestion wasn't possible. He could've locked it with reasoning that it's a troll suggestion and that they aren't allowed though.

D

Deleted member 169486

And I'm so happy with your message "Because you have power so we don't like you and will criticize every little thing you do." <3 :)
Don't take it personally. You have power and won't use it the way we want. It happens with everyone in power.

Camezonda

Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Don't take it personally. You have power and won't use it the way we want. It happens with everyone in power.
I would discuss with you more, but then this thread would go off topic. Feel free to start a private conversation, as well as anyone else who wants to.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
In fairness you know why
Look at komodo’s message and that it is implemented
It is obvious why
Then the least you could do is quote him, say something as "This should be your awnser" and then lock it.
If what @Tacosbefriends (I tagged him because I want to know his opinion on this..) said is actually true, (and I see no reason for him to lie about it) and he indeed did inform all staff members that they should provide a reason when you lock a thread, this isn't allowed.
No matter what people say in the messages above, you should always add a reason.
If someone found a bug, a hacker, they ask for a rank or they got fasley banned, members say what the player should do all the time. Mods don't lock thread either without having a reason.
It's not that hard.

Reactions: skifby

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Then the least you could do is quote him, say something as "This should be your awnser" and then lock it.
If what @Tacosbefriends (I tagged him because I want to know his opinion on this..) said is actually true, (and I see no reason for him to lie about it) and he indeed did inform all staff members that they should provide a reason when you lock a thread, this isn't allowed.
No matter what people say in the messages above, you should always add a reason.
If someone found a bug, a hacker, they ask for a rank or they got fasley banned, members say what the player should do all the time. Mods don't lock thread either without having a reason.
It's not that hard.
You are nitpicking though
You knew why the thread was locked
It was painfully obvious
You use it just it to add fuel to a fire that doesn’t need to exist in the first place
In The example used for the thread cam mentions how he may not have been clear enough however it isn’t like he just said locked
His reasoning said “no” which is a reason just not that specific

But you are going beyond what is necessary to just say “oh Cubecraft didn’t explain the self-explanatory reason for locking it”
Besides anyone who took part in the thread would have known since Komodo posted why it should be locked

Not to mention it doesn’t help your argument to try and highlight when ever a single staff member makes a mistake and forgets to type a message

They aren’t robots they are humans
If you didn’t know humans can make mistakes

Camezonda

Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Sorry to have to do this and yes I will be judged for it, but I'm locking this due to high chances of drama occurring and the thread going off topic. As for the suggestion of "don't lock threads without providing a proper reason", we'll take this into consideration. I must also note that our rules do state "topics being locked (with or without an explanation from staff)". I understand that a suggestion about giving a reason before locking threads was "implemented", but the rules have judgement over suggestions in some situations. Thanks! :)

Any other issues or questions, feel free to private message me. With proper intention of course.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Summer event got added to CubeCraft Notion!
1715956357987.png
This sure didn’t age well, XD
DuckL wrote on AnolTongi's profile.
Pro Moderator :D
DuckL wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Pro Moderator :D
DuckL wrote on camulos's profile.
Pro Desginer :D
Top Bottom