Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
^

so a few weeks ago i made a thread where i asked to provide a lock reason when a thread gets locked.

the suggestion got accepted.. but staff already found a way to bypass it. sorta.

example:
q4baGQK.png

so my new suggestion will be: "Don't lock threads without providing a proper reason."

ps. i know the dude is tryna be edgy and all, cuz that gives likes - but it ain't really professional for outsiders 'n stuff.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
How difficult can it be to take a whole minute out of your dayjob to give a proper response to one of the (millions of) players that got the server to where it is today. You're a company and all these players are your customers, they literally pay for the bread that you eat in the morning, but they're not even worthy of a decent response when they LITERALLY take time out of their day to help and improve the server for NO cost.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
How difficult can it be to take a whole minute out of your dayjob to give a proper response to one of the (millions of) players that got the server to where it is now. You're a company and all these players are your customers, they literally pay for the bread that you eat in the morning, but they're not even worthy of a decent response when they LITERALLY take time out of their day to help and improve the server for NO cost.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

BabyBoy

Novice Member
Oct 16, 2017
Britain
www.youtube.com
How difficult can it be to take a whole minute out of your dayjob to give a proper response to one of the (millions of) players that got the server to where it is now. You're a company and all these players are your customers, they literally pay for the bread that you eat in the morning, but they're not even worthy of a decent response when they LITERALLY take time out of their day to help and improve the server for NO cost.
LITERALLY ME LOL. am agree. Yes

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
If you read the thread from which that comment originated:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/selling-network-bans.206380/#post-980718

You'd see that the entire thread was sarcastic anyways. He didn't need to specify a reason as to locking it. That was reason enough.
Yes and that's exactly why it shouldn't have been locked to begin with.
We all know that this thread never would've gotten escalated anyway.
Why not leave it open and troll around a bit? Do staff member really don't see the fun in these threads?

BlueMoon475

Forum Expert
Feb 8, 2014
Land O' Corn
Why not leave it open and troll around a bit? Do staff member really don't see the fun in these threads?
It was spiteful and unnecessary; not fun in the least.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
It was spiteful and unnecessary; not fun in the least.
It was ideed unnecessary, that doesn't mean it wasn't funny.
He make a joke out of something, but if you can't respect that, go ahead.
Your choice to be a boring human-being

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
If you read the thread from which that comment originated:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/selling-network-bans.206380/#post-980718

You'd see that the entire thread was sarcastic anyways. He didn't need to specify a reason as to locking it. That was reason enough.
Sure, perhaps the thread wasn't wasn't 100% serious, but staff should still remain professional.
Even saying 'we will never implement this, because...' would've been enough.

Remember, we, the players don't have to be professional - but the staff team has to be, especially the management team. It's their job after all. More about that here:
How difficult can it be to take a whole minute out of your dayjob to give a proper response to one of the (millions of) players that got the server to where it is today. You're a company and all these players are your customers, they literally pay for the bread that you eat in the morning, but they're not even worthy of a decent response when they LITERALLY take time out of their day to help and improve the server for NO cost.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
I disagree. The 200 IQ staff might not be able to understand the situation, sometimes they just lock threads so they can meet their "threads locked this month" requirement. Also, the 12 year old team of cubecraft staff might not be able to speak and type English fluently yet, so it would be unfair making them give reasons.
Instead they should be typing "xD" in the cubecraft discord, muting people for saying "l0ser" (if you pardon the word) and of course pushing forward more and more arcade updates.

D

Deleted member 100818

I explained why I locked it, if you scroll to the bottom of your thread, you'll be able to see that I did in fact explain why I locked it.
Now that you're here, what do you think of this? As no staff member gave a decent reply yet.. I'm kind a curious about your opinion =P

Reactions: iLoveYouu

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Now that you're here, what do you think of this? As no staff member gave a decent reply yet.. I'm kind a curious about your opinion =P
It really depends on the type of thread, if the suggestion is sarcastic, I don't think we need to take what is being said sarcastically, seriously.
For any genuine thread I believe a small explanation is in order to justify a lock.
In the examples shown, I think the given explanation is sufficent.

"
Since Cubecraft is still a business and they need to generate money. Why not sell network bans? It's much easier to buy a network ban than apply for helper, become moderator, get info about upcoming updates and leak everything. This saves Cubecraft a lot of them ánd gives them more money. A win-win if you ask it me. I was thinking around £269,99 since it has a much higher value than an obsidian rank.
"
I mean camezonda could have replied with "It is clearly visible that there is no way at all that we would ever approve of this, we do not count on selling unbans, nor do we count on selling network bans."
Saying "nope" covers it... somewhat..
Sure, perhaps the thread wasn't wasn't 100% serious, but staff should still remain professional.
Even saying 'we will never implement this, because...' would've been enough.
I do agree with this, and will forward this to management, especially when their actions reflect upon the whole staff team.
This is what makes the forums fun, not all threads have to die out too soon, I'll agree with you on that, as it is, I don't see too many threads being locked too soon.

I disagree. The 200 IQ staff might not be able to understand the situation, sometimes they just lock threads so they can meet their "threads locked this month" requirement. Also, the 12 year old team of cubecraft staff might not be able to speak and type English fluently yet, so it would be unfair making them give reasons.
Instead they should be typing "xD" in the cubecraft discord, muting people for saying "l0ser" (if you pardon the word) and of course pushing forward more and more arcade updates.

We have no requirement to lock threads, nothing wrong with typing "xD" in a text channel in discord, I haven't heard of anyone get muted for saying "l0ser" since when do moderators push updates?
I'm always open to criticism, of other staff members or myself, just send me a PM when you have any problem regarding the staff team. I'd love to hear the stories of those 200IQ staff members...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 169486

Or at the very least move it to everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

@Camezonda happy birthday.

You can't stop me because your page is private or something
Basketman wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday
Basketman wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday mister daily facts! 🥳
Top Bottom