Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
The number of threads from people being falsely banned for compromised account have been staggering. Some people are even being banned multiple times for compromised accounts. While hackers using Alts is a huge problem on cubecraft it is not worth banning this many people falsely. How does one even prove an account is compromised? If they are using multiple different iPs? If that's the case a lot of people travel and some even share accounts with family who live in different places. I believe that an account should be banned only if it is proven to be hacking. This is just causing so many problems that it isn't worth it at all. All these people having no idea why they are banned because they are suspected of having a compromised account. The only situation where I can see banning someone for a compromised account will be acceptable is if they have been banned/muted for something and stated in their appeal that it was not them that broke the rules. Obviously this would have to have some proof behind it as hackers could use this as an excuse. Then once this is suspected of being true you can ban them for compromised account.

There's my rant I just feel that someone being falsely banned is 100x worse than a hacker hacking in a game and not being banned.

I

iDontPlayMinecraft.exe

I agree with you, but it also is very annoying for staff when they are spammed with "I have been banned for compromised account please help me", even though I am not a staff I could imagine them getting very annoyed.

Reactions: Power Ranger

skps2010

Mar 12, 2016
Taiwan
Do you know mcleaks? It is a website that provides hundreds of leaked accounts. People use them to hack on servers. Correct me I am wrong, Cubecraft banned all accounts on that website for compromised account.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Do you know mcleaks? It is a website that provides hundreds of leaked accounts. People use them to hack on servers. Correct me I am wrong, Cubecraft banned all accounts on that website for compromised account.
This

And, I think, that the system detects when someone is logging multiple times from totally different IPs, and ban them, though I am not 100% sure.

I will tag @Marco Slater & @Mac , hopefully they will help a little bit more

telegamer

Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Bansilvania
bit.ly
As far as I know, when hackers get banned for hacking, they get an alt check. When they get an alt check and they have more than say 5 alts or something, these alts get banned for compromised account. Which means they get un-mc-leaks'ed, if you get what I'm saying.
If the alts wouldn't get banned for compromised account, there would be even more alts open to the public, meaning more hackers ;)

Reactions: iLoveYouu

xGijs

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
I got one time banned for that reason cause one of my previous name was iSaidMeow. I already changed it and someone named his self to iSaidMeow and we bot get banned at the same time it was not even my account ;/

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
But not all these accounts are used for hacking :P and that isn't the problem as you can't change your password with mcleaks and a lot of people are being banned who are able to change their passwords multiple times even.

Djentism

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2016
My shed
mcleaks doesn't work anymore i believe

Mac

Forum Expert
Nov 24, 2015
When we ban for compromised account, we alert people to change their password and then let us know and then they are unbanned. Most of these 'false bans for compromised' threads are because the user doesn't even realize that their account is compromised and is being used as a public hacking alt.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
When we ban for compromised account, we alert people to change their password and then let us know and then they are unbanned. Most of these 'false bans for compromised' threads are because the user doesn't even realize that their account is compromised and is being used as a public hacking alt.
Doesn't really explain the people who are being banned, appealed, and banned again though are all these people only pretending to change their password or doing things to get their account stolen immediately after changing their password? I highly doubt that with the amount of people who have been banned multiple times for compromised account.

Reactions: 0_________0

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Doesn't really explain the people who are being banned, appealed, and banned again though are all these people only pretending to change their password or doing things to get their account stolen immediately after changing their password? I highly doubt that with the amount of people who have been banned multiple times for compromised account.
There are always exceptions and people who just use dumb passwords.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
That website shouldnt exist
It shouldn't have been advertised here....

ANYWAYS, I've heard multiple cases of hackers with over 1000 alts probably due to forbidden site,
It would be very VERY inefficient to ban the alts one at a time WITH proof on all of them.
Banning all the alts is the best thing to do, just change the password if one of them was your compromised account

Reactions: CommunistCactus

RainyDayz

Aug 29, 2016
It's a sticky situation, there is no way too tell if an account is compromised or not. It's a lose-lose situation and Cube Craft needs to help cater to those that don't hack as well. If Cube Craft just allowed compromised accounts to be un-banned then everyone, even those who actually are breaking the rules will blame it on their account being "compromised". :)

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
I feel like being banned for a compromised account actually helps the owner of the account even if it is just a suspicion. It notifies them that their account may have been hacked and lets them know how to resolve the problem.
I think people need to prioritise what they actually want because a few weeks ago i was on here and it was a constant stream of "too many hackers" and "we want instant perm ban" threads and comments. Now they are actually doing something about it, getting rid of hackers and notifying people who may have had their account hacked and is getting them banned on loads of servers they are being told that it's wrong because it's a "suspicion".
They can't cater for 2 opposite sides of an opinion. There must also be evidence somewhere that points to the fact that it is compromised and not just a straight up hacker. The server runs off people joining and playing on it so it would be such a bad idea on their part to give out false bans for a compromised account that they don't really know if it's compromised or not. It's so unbelievably easy for someone to hack into your account these days and I'd rather be notified that someone may be on my account than being left to deal with the problem myself a long time after the initial hack because I had no idea it was happening.

What I do find staggering is how oblivious people are to the fact that someone right now could be hacking into your account without you even knowing it and within minutes they would have the password and email to hand out for the whole hacking community to play with. Things like this are very serious.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
The number of threads from people being falsely banned for compromised account have been staggering. Some people are even being banned multiple times for compromised accounts. While hackers using Alts is a huge problem on cubecraft it is not worth banning this many people falsely. How does one even prove an account is compromised? If they are using multiple different iPs? If that's the case a lot of people travel and some even share accounts with family who live in different places. I believe that an account should be banned only if it is proven to be hacking. This is just causing so many problems that it isn't worth it at all. All these people having no idea why they are banned because they are suspected of having a compromised account. The only situation where I can see banning someone for a compromised account will be acceptable is if they have been banned/muted for something and stated in their appeal that it was not them that broke the rules. Obviously this would have to have some proof behind it as hackers could use this as an excuse. Then once this is suspected of being true you can ban them for compromised account.

There's my rant I just feel that someone being falsely banned is 100x worse than a hacker hacking in a game and not being banned.
I disagree. I would rather be falsely banned for a compromised account rather than being banned because some hacked into my account and my appeal denied. I can easily just appeal and that's it. You may have to wait a little bit but it ensures you that your account is a bit safer than before.

Reactions: CommunistCactus
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations bro you can do it !! 🤍
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulations for the promotion
Mintypie231 wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Mintypie231 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations on helper!!
Top Bottom