Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celaza

Jun 26, 2020
We really need more staff its a problem considering java has so many more staff but can’t hardly hit 8k people and bedrock over 30k people its not even a question at this point we need more staff

Reactions: Goodyannathan

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
We're aware of the lack of moderation on bedrock, though it's not like we can just get a lot of bedrock staff members out of the blue. We need good applicants ~ not everyone is fit to become a member of staff.

Our recruitment team actively is recruiting new staff members, both for bedrock and java. If you feel like you are, or if you think one of your friend is suitable for the position ~ then feel free to apply/send them a link to the application! :]
https://cbecrft.net/helper

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
Why can’t sentinel ban people on bedrock without evidence?

_JoSee

Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2016
United States
reports.cubecraft.net
We really need more staff its a problem considering java has so many more staff but can’t hardly hit 8k people and bedrock over 30k people its not even a question at this point we need more staff

Hey!

They are currently having a goal of increasing the staff team, with the objective of reducing hackers and keeping the server as good as possible for users. They are also working to improve the Anti-cheat Sentinel, so catching hackers will be more efficient in a way that they can be punished. We will have to be patient and wait for the development of that objective that they currently have for the community and mainly for Cubecraft.

Celaza

Jun 26, 2020
We're aware of the lack of moderation on bedrock, though it's not like we can just get a lot of bedrock staff members out of the blue. We need good applicants ~ not everyone is fit to become a member of staff.

Our recruitment team actively is recruiting new staff members, both for bedrock and java. If you feel like you are, or if you think one of your friend is suitable for the position ~ then feel free to apply/send them a link to the application! :]
https://cbecrft.net/helper
I understand you cannot get more staff out of the blue but the problem has been so consistent over time i think there really needs to be something saying hey you need to moderate this and hypixel hires a lot of people and demotes a lot maybe a hr helper rank only for like a month that has no perms but if they have contact with staff and if you don’t like them at the end of their trial demote them

Celaza

Jun 26, 2020
Hey!

They are currently having a goal of increasing the staff team, with the objective of reducing hackers and keeping the server as good as possible for users. They are also working to improve the Anti-cheat Sentinel, so catching hackers will be more efficient in a way that they can be punished. We will have to be patient and wait for the development of that objective that they currently have for the community and mainly for Cubecraft.
There are still a bunch of bypasses and its kind of embarrassing that a server this size has a bad anti cheat

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
youtu.be
Why can’t sentinel ban people on bedrock without evidence?
Developers are actively working on Sentinel, and Sentinel never bans without evidence; the evidence simply is code and not video evidence.

I understand you cannot get more staff out of the blue but the problem has been so consistent over time i think there really needs to be something saying hey you need to moderate this and hypixel hires a lot of people and demotes a lot maybe a hr helper rank only for like a month that has no perms but if they have contact with staff and if you don’t like them at the end of their trial demote them
We also have changed our attitude towards recruitment (hence is why we have waves of more than 15 helpers while they used to be like 4-5 helpers), though unfortunately most of our staff team and applicants are main-java players. I think I once heard, don't quote me on this though, that most Bedrock players are less likely to apply/willing to spend time on moderation on CubeCraft as they aren't as ''dedicated'' to CubeCraft, Java players can play hours and hours while most Bedrock players just hop on for a few games and that's it. This explains why it's very hard for us to get good Bedrock applicants.

Jul 1, 2020
Developers are actively working on Sentinel, and Sentinel never bans without evidence; the evidence simply is code and not video evidence.

We also have changed our attitude towards recruitment (hence is why we have waves of more than 15 helpers while they used to be like 4-5 helpers), though unfortunately most of our staff team and applicants are main-java players. I think I once heard, don't quote me on this though, that most Bedrock players are less likely to apply/willing to spend time on moderation on CubeCraft as they aren't as ''dedicated'' to CubeCraft, Java players can play hours and hours while most Bedrock players just hop on for a few games and that's it. This explains why it's very hard for us to get good Bedrock applicants.
Is simply,*

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
I do agree with both @Keanu and @Celaza on this, yes you cannot get staff out of the blue but i really do not see much effort into finding bedrock staff, I feel most of the current staff being java are extremely out of touch from people in the bedrock community and I feel bedrock staff should have more say on helper applications, this will probably increase the amount of bedrock helpers, the last helper wave was not entirely promising as there was a total of 1 (maybe 2) bedrock staff hired compared to the 20 new helpers that were hired, plenty of bedrock players want to be staff but are never given the chance to show that.

As told by keanu, cubecraft aim to hire 100 bedrock staff by the end of the year, yet there has been a total of 2 staff and 1 helper in 8 months, it really is not looking like you will hit anywhere near the target.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
youtu.be
As told by keanu, cubecraft aim to hire 100 bedrock staff by the end of the year, yet there has been a total of 2 staff and 1 helper in 8 months, it really is not looking like you will hit anywhere near the target.
We aren't aiming on having 100 Bedrock staff? We are aiming on having 100 moderation staff members in general, not just bedrock?

I do agree with both @Keanu and @Celaza on this, yes you cannot get staff out of the blue but i really do not see much effort into finding bedrock staff, I feel most of the current staff being java are extremely out of touch from people in the bedrock community and I feel bedrock staff should have more say on helper applications, this will probably increase the amount of bedrock helpers, the last helper wave was not entirely promising as there was a total of 1 (maybe 2) bedrock staff hired compared to the 20 new helpers that were hired, plenty of bedrock players want to be staff but are never given the chance to show that.
We can't just drastically lower our requirements/expectations from applicants because we need people as soon as possible. In my opinion, the current expectations from applicants aren't that high and we don't want to get people on the team who are unfit for the position.

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020

I completely agree. I know that u can’t just put an ad in the server saying be a helper go to cube.com but I see a complete lack of effort. All the devs are working on bedrock there’s so many updates but the only bedrock mod is Dubby plays And only a few bedrock helpers. I know it isn’t easy but u could try a bit harder. So many Java helpers just got added but no new bedrock.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
youtu.be
I completely agree. I know that u can’t just put an ad in the server saying be a helper go to cube.com but I see a complete lack of effort. All the devs are working on bedrock there’s so many updates but the only bedrock mod is Dubby plays And only a few bedrock helpers. I know it isn’t easy but u could try a bit harder. So many Java helpers just got added but no new bedrock.
That's mostly due to the fact we don't have a lot of Bedrock people applying. I do think we should advertise the forums more on Bedrock, so people can get involved more in the community and possibly apply for the position, though we definitely shouldn't advertise Helper applications as that'll just end up with people applying who solely play on Bedrock and don't have any interaction with the community on Discord/Forums (And one of the requirements is that you need to be active on 2 of our 3 platforms, so they don't meet the requirements.)

Reactions: Story and _JoSee

FBX17

Jul 14, 2020
UK
There are still a bunch of bypasses and its kind of embarrassing that a server this size has a bad anti cheat
Coding for Bedrock is a lot harder as there's no set standard for servers like Spigot or Paper on Java - instead, each server tends to have their own codebase, which doesn't even have to extend the vanilla server software. Also, whilst Java coding is all written, as the name suggests, in Java, the Bedrock base game is written in C++ (although there has been server software written in Java before, as well as PHP), meaning developers can't necessarily be moved from one platform to the other.

Also, coding any old anticheat is hard - like really hard. Now try developing an anticheat in Java/PHP to discover cheaters who are using C++ - it ain't easy! Obviously we should all want better from the anticheat, but players need to appreciate what they have.

I've not actually experienced many obvious cheaters on CubeCraft, and although that may just be down to luck, it does lead me to believe that a lot of good players are mistaken for cheaters due to the massive skill gap between a good PC player and an average console/mobile user (Bedrock being a laggy mess doesn't help with this).

Reactions: Keanu

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
Will say there is also @SoundToTheThirdPower aswell as @Calichin who are also bedrock staff
We aren't aiming on having 100 Bedrock staff? We are aiming on having 100 moderation staff members in general, not just bedrock?

We can't just drastically lower our requirements/expectations from applicants because we need people as soon as possible. In my opinion, the current expectations from applicants aren't that high and we don't want to get people on the team who are unfit for the position.
1. On one of my old forum posts that i cannot access due to it not being backdated enough have you specifically saying bedrock, but it may have been a mistake on your part and you probably meant both

2. I never asked for requirements to be lowered, I just think bedrock staff should have more of a say in what bedrock helpers are hired

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
We got our recruitment team for that.
Who comprise of java staff who are very unaware of the bedrock community. hence why it would help to have bedrock staff to have a say in who they feel would be a good addition to the team.

Most of the best bedrock players are not even in the cubecraft official discord, Staff were barely aware of Child Punchers Guild being the biggest bedrock server for cubecraft outside of cubecraft games. While an effort is being made to change that which is great, bedrock staff should have alot more of a say in it.

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
XiiKa is the staff members who, literally, handles over 50% of all our bedrock reports, so she’s pretty involved.

Also, all staff members have a say in who does and doesn’t get accepted.https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/helper-application-process.225815/
Handling hacker reports on bedrock does not make you more familiar with the community around it, all staff may have a say but don't you think the oppinions of bedrock staff should be specifically asked for on these matters?

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Handling hacker reports on bedrock does not make you more familiar with the community around it, all staff may have a say but don't you think the oppinions of bedrock staff should be specifically asked for on these matters?
What you are implying here is that you think the recruitment team are biased towards Java players which is simply not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

apparently the free 500 minecoins isnt actually "free", you have to buy something first

LAME!
UncleSpect wrote on Thjis's profile.
congratss thisj o/
Kazwa wrote on Gemmmmie's profile.
lyyy x
Just got off work and have to wake up in 5,5 hours for school tomorrow… :sadnoot:
Sleep well cuties ❤️
Top Bottom