Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
What you are implying here is that you think the recruitment team are biased towards Java players which is simply not the case.
I do not think that, I don't think it is a bias at all, I just feel more bedrock staff involvement will increase the amount of bedrock staff hired as they are alot more aware of the community than java staff are.

Reactions: RelatedNoobs

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
what makes you say bedrock staff are more "aware" then java staff?
Being a large community owner myself, most admins were not even aware of our existance until recently, 500 member discord with most of the active players on the bedrock leaderboards, staff agree they are not familiar with this community and with the responsibilities they have it is hard to take the time out to be, plus what reason do java staff have to be part of the bedrock community when they do not play that game.

SoundToTheThirdPower

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2019
Your imagination
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Being a large community owner myself, most admins were not even aware of our existance until recently, 500 member discord with most of the active players on the bedrock leaderboards, staff agree they are not familiar with this community and with the responsibilities they have it is hard to take the time out to be, plus what reason do java staff have to be part of the bedrock community when they do not play that game.
Some java staff play bedrock (sometimes) like keanu

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
why would the staff want/need to know about your discord server? and there really isnt a big difference in bedrock and java community, you see "java staff" paying attention to what happens on bedrock all the time. Sure it would be nice to have more staff who mainly play on bedrock but the server cant do anthing about not having qualified applicants

Reactions: Keanu

SoundToTheThirdPower

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2019
Your imagination
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
why would the staff want/need to know about your discord server? and there really isnt a big difference in bedrock and java community, you see "java staff" paying attention to what happens on bedrock all the time. Sure it would be nice to have more staff who mainly play on bedrock but the server cant do anthing about not having qualified applicants
The qualified applicants thing is a big factor :P

Kat9Ramp8ge

Novice Member
Jun 24, 2020
Idk why not you find me
We're aware of the lack of moderation on bedrock, though it's not like we can just get a lot of bedrock staff members out of the blue. We need good applicants ~ not everyone is fit to become a member of staff.

Our recruitment team actively is recruiting new staff members, both for bedrock and java. If you feel like you are, or if you think one of your friend is suitable for the position ~ then feel free to apply/send them a link to the application! :]
https://cbecrft.net/helper
hey mate I tried applying you denied me I was basically the closest here to a god

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
They do want to know about it, hence why changes are being made to know these communities.

Saying these isn't much difference between the games is quite a false statement sorry.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
They do want to know about it, hence why changes are being made to know these communities.

Saying these isn't much difference between the games is quite a false statement sorry.
you cant get mad at the server because they didnt know about your "community". and both java and bedrock have the same issues and are run very similarly, the only real difference is the code that runs the two servers

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
they give a reason as to why you were denied, so obv you werent qualified at the time.
I haven't once reffered to myself, more bedrock staff input for finding helpers i feel will help increase the amount of bedrock helpers, even if i was to be hired tommorow I would most likely be 1 of very few staff which does not fix the problem.

I do not feel debating with you is healthy and will not be replying to you seem to be debating the wrong issue entirely.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
I haven't once reffered to myself, more bedrock staff input for finding helpers i feel will help increase the amount of bedrock helpers, even if i was to be hired tommorow I would most likely be 1 of very few staff which does not fix the problem
if you actually looked at my post you would see that i was quoting someone elses message

Calichin

Dedicated Member
Aug 20, 2019
Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
With all due respect to everyone in the bedrock community I have to say this.

I have played a decent amount on bedrock I would like to think, have met plenty of people and made loads of friends, I have seen countless players who think being "helper" just means banning cheaters. I don't think a majority of the bedrock community comes to terms with the other responsibilities held by being a part of the staff team. Not to mention the amount of bedrock players who claim they are qualified, yet when I see their posts on discord/forums it always seems to be toxic. Which is something that is most definitely not preferred.

As Keanu, Neko and others would say, the factor that they have to be qualified is the main reason for the lacking of bedrock staff. Many players are toxic to others or bash on the staff team for making a slight error, yet expect to be gifted the role of helper when they don't demonstrate the qualities for it.

I would love to work alongside more bedrock staff, but as much as it makes me sad to say this. There isn't many bedrock players I could name that I think are "qualified", although I am not a part of the recruitment team so who knows maybe there are many players who are qualified that I'm not aware of yet :)

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
With all due respect to everyone in the bedrock community I have to say this.

I have played a decent amount on bedrock I would like to think, have met plenty of people and made loads of friends, I have seen countless players who think being "helper" just means banning cheaters. I don't think a majority of the bedrock community comes to terms with the other responsibilities held by being a part of the staff team. Not to mention the amount of bedrock players who claim they are qualified, yet when I see their posts on discord/forums it always seems to be toxic. Which is something that is most definitely not preferred.

As Keanu, Neko and others would say, the factor that they have to be qualified is the main reason for the lacking of bedrock staff. Many players are toxic to others or bash on the staff team for making a slight error, yet expect to be gifted the role of helper when they don't demonstrate the qualities for it.

I would love to work alongside more bedrock staff, but as much as it makes me sad to say this. There isn't many bedrock players I could name that I think are "qualified", although I am not a part of the recruitment team so who knows maybe there are many players who are qualified that I'm not aware of yet :)
Agreed with your statement entirely, I cannot honestly think of many players who would be qualified, I myself still have improvement, but more bedrock players may be given more than just an application to prove they can be qualified if more bedrock staff were a part of the process, its my oppinion which is very hard to prove

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
Agreed with your statement entirely, I cannot honestly think of many players who would be qualified, I myself still have improvement, but more bedrock players may be given more than just an application to prove they can be qualified if more bedrock staff were a part of the process, its my oppinion which is very hard to prove
well, thats why forums and discord activity are important, they give the recruitment team a chance to see you better than they would in game.

Jul 1, 2020
XiiKa is the staff members who, literally, handles over 50% of all our bedrock reports, so she’s pretty involved.

Also, all staff members have a say in who does and doesn’t get accepted.https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/helper-application-process.225815/
She’s handled over 90 percent of my reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

This sure didn’t age well, XD
Xi1m wrote on EGG_BOCZOIN's profile.
are you speedrunning compliments for every staff member
EGG_BOCZOIN wrote on AnolTongi's profile.
Pro Moderator :D
EGG_BOCZOIN wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Pro Moderator :D
EGG_BOCZOIN wrote on camulos's profile.
Pro Desginer :D
Top Bottom