Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hi! So I recently asked a few forum members what they thought of the staff custom titles and I got very mixed replies. (Click on my profile page and see my most recent status to have a look!) Personally, I believe they are very confusing for new players and that they should be removed. However, a lot of people disagree, so I do believe that there should be some compromise!

Imo, the staff titles for Hypixel work quite well because the moderators have 'erator' at the end of their 'customised' title, which makes it quite clear that the player is a moderator. Admins/Developers have their specific roles as titles which is a lot more useful than just the term 'Admin'. Helpers are too noob to be allowed custom titles c:

So what are the problems of the custom staff titles?

1) Confusing for new players who aren't familiar with Cubecraft's colour scheme.
2) No way to distinguish between a senior moderator and a regular moderator from the home page.
3) Staff members are using the custom title as a second status, which just looks weird imo.

4) To someone with OCD (like me) it looks a bit... messy. >.< I'll try to ignore this though with my suggestion ahaha

My suggestion

1) Helpers: Helpers must have the term 'helper' somewhere in their title. (or something that makes it clear that they are a helper like 'helping squirrel'
2) Moderators: Moderators must have the terms 'erator' at the end of their custom title OR 'mod' somewhere within the title.
3) Senior Moderators: Same rule as moderators but they must have Sr or Senior at the beginning of the title.
4) Designers: Must have their specific roles in the title (EG: Redstone Engineer) to make it clearer as to what they do. 'Designer' is quite a broad term so it's quite unclear as to the job of each designer.
5) Developers: Must have the term 'eloper' at the end of their custom title OR 'mod' somewhere within the title.
6) Admin Team: Must have their specific role titles (EG: Staff Manager) to make it clearer as to what they do.

Ik this isn't perfect but I think it'd be a lot clearer than what we currently have. I'd love to hear your thoughts or if you have any better ideas.

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
Oh, also as an additional suggestion.
Pls can the label 'Admin Team' be changed to 'Administrator'

We don't have a 'Mod Team' role or 'Designer Team' role so plsplsplsplspls can this be made consistent. tytysm <3 (sorry, the OCD is killing me.)

Reactions: Priley

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Helpers are too noob to be allowed custom titles c:
upload_2020-2-15_16-38-32.jpeg

Ma7mouD

Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2019
Amman, Jordan
That's true, it is confusing me to know who is SrModerator and the regular moderator, like they even abused the title, they are putting useless titles, which new people can't know if this a joke or real, I agree with it

Reactions: Nikoshka

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
That's true, it is confusing me to know who is SrModerator and the regular moderator, like they even abused the title, they are putting useless titles, which new people can't know if this a joke or real, I agree with it

Why would you need to know the difference between Mod and Sr. Mod. How is it abuse? Also it’s clearly a joke.

D

Deleted member 469419

I'm totally agree with this idea! :)

I think that this can help new players to recognise easily the staff members rank.

Oh, also as an additional suggestion.
Pls can the label 'Admin Team' be changed to 'Administrator'

Respect to the "Admin team" I think if that contain "- Team" the other ranks should have this too, example "Moderator team", "Helper team" or "Designer team".

Or change the "Admin team" to "Administrator" as you said.

But it happens in other servers too, like hypixel

"[BUILD TEAM]"

Reactions: Nikoshka

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Yea it’s a bit confusing.There have to be a guide to every staff member’s role near their name so players will know to what kind of questions they will receive helpful reply.

Reactions: Nikoshka and Eli

Ma7mouD

Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2019
Amman, Jordan
Why would you need to know the difference between Mod and Sr. Mod. How is it abuse? Also it’s clearly a joke.
I mean because of it, we actually can't distinguish between senior moderator and the regular moderator, and for the new players can't distinguish if it is a joke or not right?, because the forums looks weird for them if it is the first log in for them.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I mean because of it, we actually can't distinguish between senior moderator and the regular moderator, and for the new players can't distinguish if it is a joke or not right?, because the forums looks weird for them if it is the first log in for them.

Again, you really don't need to know the difference between Sr. Mod and Mod. Also, as long as you know the colors and click on there profile your fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ma7mouD

Ma7mouD

Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2019
Amman, Jordan
Again, you really don't need to know the difference between Sr. Mod and Mod. There is no difference. Also, it's pretty easy to tell it's a joke, especially because this is not the only server to do it. And again, as long as you know the colors and click on there profile your fine.
Well thanks for correcting me then! :D

Reactions: Eli

Zed

Zedmin / Managing Director
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 11, 2015
Radcliffe, Manchester
twitter.com
You underestimate how much time I spend on TikTok...

I think staff are still pretty clearly staff and it's a bit of fun.
Potentially applying some kind of role based pun would be the easiest way to keep things simple (and would keep @Efcluke94 happy lol)!

I don't think we'll change anything for now but will try and keep confusion to a minimum!

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
I totally agree with this,
Particularly for new players, because they don’t know what colours are for what staff. And I love that it’s still fun in some way.
Although, people do memorize what colour is what through time, so it doesn’t matter too much for when you’ve memorized them.
But anyways, I think this is very practical, and hope it is added soon.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tripleee wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday!
I love the mix of the spring and birthday lobby. Wish it lasted longer than a week.
IMG_5318.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday! Have an awesome day on your special day ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy Birthday my friend ^-^ 🐸
Top Bottom